Author Topic: Ric Drasin in hospital  (Read 27734 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ric Drasin in hospital
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2016, 06:33:40 PM »
I wish him well and hope he pulls through. In other videos I saw prior to this his knees are so bad he can barely walk. I wonder if ultimately the only fix is a heart transplant.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »
I wish him well and hope he pulls through. In other videos I saw prior to this his knees are so bad he can barely walk. I wonder if ultimately the only fix is a heart transplant.

Fyi, the cutoff age for a heart transplant is 65.  So if he's 72 that's not going to happen.

Another photo:

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2016, 01:50:16 AM »
The phaggot attention whore can barely speak… literally on deaths door…. but must keep on whoring. Disgusting.

He looks worried…… Enjoy hell, dickhead.

What a nasty mean spirited comment. Ric is a great guy. We all will have health issues sooner or later. What a shameful callus remark for you to make. Ric is very much liked as a person. He's tough and I hope he pulls through.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2016, 01:51:18 AM »
Fyi, the cutoff age for a heart transplant is 65.  So if he's 72 that's not going to happen.

Not true.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »
What a nasty mean spirited comment. Ric is a great guy. We all will have health issues sooner or later. What a shameful callus remark for you to make. Ric is very much liked as a person. He's tough and I hope he pulls through.

x2

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2016, 10:21:34 AM »
Not true.

Interesting, why did you write that?  I used to work with a guy here in Los Angeles that had a heart transplant and he said they would not do heart transplants after age 65.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2016, 04:29:04 PM »
I looked into this a little. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/patient-advice/articles/2015/04/01/congestive-heart-failure-when-its-time-to-talk-transplant

If he has congestive heart failure and his lungs are filling with fluid he is in bad shape. 

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2016, 04:59:14 PM »
I looked into this a little. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/patient-advice/articles/2015/04/01/congestive-heart-failure-when-its-time-to-talk-transplant

If he has congestive heart failure and his lungs are filling with fluid he is in bad shape. 
jeez people. We don't know the extent of his condition. Thousands of people suffer with congestive heart failure. You can live a long time with it. You r typically prescribed rx and must watch your diet and no salt. And yes lungs filling with fluid happens when your heart gets weak. Heart rx and diuretics r the regimen. Ric may have a lot of good years ahead of him.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »
When you have congestive heart failure to the point of fluid collecting in your lungs it's deadly serious. He even said in the video tape the doctor said if he doesn't get to a hospital he was going to die.  Of course none of us know the extent of his condition but congestive heart failure again is serious.

Taken from heart failure.org. "While advancements have been made, 50% of patients will have an average life expectancy of five years. For those with advanced heart failure, up to 90% will pass away within one year. When asking how long can you live with congestive heart failure, those at a moderate stage will average ten years."

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
Wtf? What did he do?

Whored himself, like I said in the post that you quoted.

The phaggot attention whore can barely speak… literally on deaths door…. but must keep on whoring. Disgusting.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2016, 12:17:46 AM »
Interesting, why did you write that?  I used to work with a guy here in Los Angeles that had a heart transplant and he said they would not do heart transplants after age 65.

Because with the right doctor and the right price, you can have pretty much anything.

There is no law in the US that limits the age of when you can get a transplant. In terms of age limits, it is possible that some public hospitals in some States have limits. Possibly also limits exist under some insurance
policies. But not the case for private.

Make sense?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2016, 05:35:33 AM »
Steve Austin visits Ric.  Ric still not sounding so good.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2016, 07:32:06 AM »
Because with the right doctor and the right price, you can have pretty much anything.

There is no law in the US that limits the age of when you can get a transplant. In terms of age limits, it is possible that some public hospitals in some States have limits. Possibly also limits exist under some insurance
policies. But not the case for private.

Make sense?

From a New York Times article:

"Just a decade ago, people 65 and older were routinely rejected for heart transplants at all but a few institutions. But in 2006, the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation issued new guidelines saying that heart failure patients should be considered for transplants up to age 70."

My former co-worker's heart transplant was around 2006-2008, so it looks like that standard has since changed.  Btw, my co-worker only lived about five months after his transplant.

I do disgree with you about the "right price."  A heart transplant is enormously complicated.  It takes more than a lot of money to get one.  It's not like getting a script for OxyContin or Dianabol.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2016, 09:56:15 AM »
Steve Austin visits Ric.  Ric still not sounding so good.

Damn, he's been in there for nearly ten days. I wonder how much of a factor him constantly pushing it was in the equation. He's on TRT, works out and pushes through the pain to the point of negative returns, almost like Ronnie. Praying for Ric I love his show

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2016, 08:15:31 PM »

"Just a decade ago, people 65 and older were routinely rejected for heart transplants at all but a few institutions. But in 2006, the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation issued new guidelines saying that heart failure patients should be considered for transplants up to age 70."

My former co-worker's heart transplant was around 2006-2008, so it looks like that standard has since changed.  Btw, my co-worker only lived about five months after his transplant.

I do disgree with you about the "right price."  A heart transplant is enormously complicated.  It takes more than a lot of money to get one.  It's not like getting a script for OxyContin or Dianabol.

As I said, there is no prescribed age limit for heart transplants. It's not 65. It's not 70. And it's not 80.

Yes, I agree with you it's not cheap. Money for some will clearly be an issue. (And for others money is actually the least of their issues).

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2016, 10:26:21 PM »
Live by the thong, die by the thong,

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2016, 11:53:22 PM »
sorry to break the news, but we're all going to die one day, boys

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:50 AM »
Ric explains what happened:

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2016, 04:02:01 AM »

Yeah,  it's the very last resort apparently and they only give them after a person has had stents and other procedures. The rejection period is what kills people apparently because the body rejects the new heart. Plus they must lower the immune system for the whole process so the body doesn't reject it.

Think it's crazy how they let the person get to their weakest though and then make the decision to put them on the donor list.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2016, 05:56:24 PM »
Live by the thong, die by the thong,

So true.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »
i like rics videos      and hes not shoving supplements down your throat the whole time or his secret workout books

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2016, 07:54:01 PM »
i like rics videos      and hes not shoving supplements down your throat the whole time or his secret workout books

Same here.  For the greater part I've enjoyed the few videos of his I've watched.  Right now Ric's scared and I don't blame him one bit as what he's going through is the ultimate reality of life.

To look death in the face is to stare into a dirty mirror.

I wish him a full recovery and a longer life in which to enjoy it.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2016, 08:07:49 PM »
Ric explains what happened:

Can't help but feel for him there. He's a good dude.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »
yeah he even did a video on what they ate in the 70's to get cut.

ric is ok  and he has alot of good guests on the show, and hes not trying to shove supplements down your throat.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2017, 07:36:29 AM »
How is he doing these days? Has he done update videos? Don’t see any.