Author Topic: Jon Jones removed from UFC 200 for possible doping violation  (Read 8040 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: Jon Jones removed from UFC 200 for possible doping violation
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 09:11:58 AM »

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2016, 09:48:55 AM »
Hopefully, His In Ring Records, For The Most Eye Gouges, And Most Testicles Kicks, Will Never Be Broken.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 10:29:16 AM »
This is disappointing AF.  Hate to say it but UFC should stop doing business with guys like this who cannot get their doping protocol or their personal lives in check.  Ruins the Saturday night plans for us fans.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »
I'm in agreement. Why reward some douche who doesn't deserve it, when that monetary reward comes from fans ... who are time and again let down?

Jones should be banned for life. Fuck him.

Irresponsible POS without a clue.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 10:59:40 AM »
Dude is an idiot

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2016, 11:06:01 AM »

epic_alien

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 11:22:02 AM »
why the hell is he crying? 22 min

who wants to pay to see a fighter who is crying 2 days before a fight?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »
Is Jon Jones gonna blame GAT nutrition?

He mentioned that he has been taking "supplements".

GAT sponsors Jon Jones & Big Ramy. I do think that Ramy is natty; but maybe GAT has been putting roids in their products. Ramy must be pissed off right now.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2016, 12:08:44 PM »
dickhead.... he really is one dumb mutherfucker

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 12:25:52 PM »
dickhead.... he really is one dumb mutherfucker

I agree.

Rampage, Evans and DC all called it on this guys character. These 3 guys are not pals at all. Rampage said he disliked Evans and didn't think he'd dislike a guy more until Jones came along.   

I remember Rashad was almost like a prophet when discussing this guy (Jones) and how everything around him will crumble one day.

DC has been on him from day one.

io856

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
All part of the Lesnar plan
This is the publicity diversion technique. Jones goes down as a mainevent PED violation.
Lesnar was needed for a big UFC 200, Lesnar is going to fight on his own terms. No testing.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 01:00:40 PM »
Lesnar is now the main card.  He signed a contract, so I don't believe he can renegotiate for more money at this stage.   Maybe there is a clause where he can. 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 01:39:00 PM »
All part of the Lesnar plan
This is the publicity diversion technique. Jones goes down as a mainevent PED violation.
Lesnar was needed for a big UFC 200, Lesnar is going to fight on his own terms. No testing.

Lesnar was already tested multiple times ahead of the fight. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 01:43:12 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but is it possible to take an over-the-counter supplement that might contain a banned substance? Though I guess at this level he (and his camp) should be on top of such things.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2016, 01:44:08 PM »
Jon Jones is lying his ass off.  When asked if he'd taken anything new supplement wise, he indicated he had, but didn't write it down and didn't know the name,  seemingly oblivious to what he consumes.  Rather odd behavior for someone under USADA testing, where there is a laundry list of banned substances to avoid.  He knows exactly what he took and took it with specific intent.  But now that he got caught, he plays the victim.  He just screwed himself, but more importantly, Daniel Cormier and everyone involved with this card.  He'll be saying good-bye for 2 years now. 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2016, 01:48:19 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but is it possible to take an over-the-counter supplement that might contain a banned substance? Though I guess at this level he (and his camp) should be on top of such things.

Not impossible, but anyone competing under USADA testing would be very mindful of anything they take and the potential implications on their results.  We'll know better when they announce what substance was involved, but I don't believe for one second that this is a supplement issue. The guy was willing to take cocaine while competing, so I would not put it past him to take PED's. 

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
Not impossible, but anyone competing under USADA testing would be very mindful of anything they take and the potential implications on their results.  We'll know better when they announce what substance was involved, but I don't believe for one second that this is a supplement issue. The guy was willing to take cocaine while competing, so I would not put it past him to take PED's. 

I agree.

Also the list of banned sup's via USADA is online free to the public, so there is no excuses for the guy to even use the obligatory (I didn't know). He was burning PED's.

Even if he took the bad sup's, I think he could file some exception form informing USADA he might have taken the banned sup unknown and they'll show some mercy..but he has to report it.

http://www.usada.org/substances/prohibited-list/

Simple Simon

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »
way to go to kill the fucking sport.

"Lets test all our athletes"
"Why, we dont have to, its not the Olympics for fucks sake"
"but we must, the general public will insist that all the guys fighting in the cage are drug free"

No, no they fucking dont.....

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2016, 02:21:37 PM »
way to go to kill the fucking sport.

"Lets test all our athletes"
"Why, we dont have to, its not the Olympics for fucks sake"
"but we must, the general public will insist that all the guys fighting in the cage are drug free"

No, no they fucking dont.....

I was thinking about this. I'm wondering if it's the new sponsors, tv contracts .etc. They can't be associated with a sport that didn't even try to control PED's in it. Pride FC as awesome but they had no sponsors or lucrative TV deals nor huge PPV's and eventually imploded.

I think UFC wanted to add other pipelines of revenue which includes tv deals with major networks, reebok lock up..etc ...Their hands might have been forced.

Now in return they won't lose these deals as a result of poor numbers. We might hate it, but business wise they should be stable.

PPV will suffer but not their sponsors and tv deals imo. Plus if you think about it...you just nailed a top paid UFC roster member...he gets ZERO. Nothing..so you lose no payroll expense in that direction.

If anything the top $$$ guys better be careful. They'd end up fighting for pennies after a PED fail. UFC run a show with them returning for next to nothing and cashing out on their name (b/c they are still under contract to perform in UFC)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »
I'm in agreement. Why reward some douche who doesn't deserve it, when that monetary reward comes from fans ... who are time and again let down?

Jones should be banned for life. Fuck him.

Irresponsible POS without a clue.

Agreed.

Cormier was a total class act in his response to the suspension today.

This test was taken in June...something could have been done to give another guy the chance to step in and take on Cormier.

Daniel himself even said he would be willing to take on a 220 guy even after this hard diet he has went through to make it down to 205.

With 2 days notice though? That is going to be tough to be pull off.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »
I was thinking about this. I'm wondering if it's the new sponsors, tv contracts .etc. They can't be associated with a sport that didn't even try to control PED's in it. Pride FC as awesome but they had no sponsors or lucrative TV deals nor huge PPV's and eventually imploded.

I think UFC wanted to add other pipelines of revenue which includes tv deals with major networks, reebok lock up..etc ...Their hands might have been forced.

Now in return they won't lose these deals as a result of poor numbers. We might hate it, but business wise they should be stable.

PPV will suffer but not their sponsors and tv deals imo. Plus if you think about it...you just nailed a top paid UFC roster member...he gets ZERO. Nothing..so you lose no payroll expense in that direction.

If anything the top $$$ guys better be careful. They'd end up fighting for pennies after a PED fail. UFC run a show with them returning for next to nothing and cashing out on their name (b/c they are still under contract to perform in UFC)

this.

It wasn't a long ago when the UFC was still trying to receive public acceptance.

Simple Simon

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »

this.

It wasn't a long ago when the UFC was still trying to receive public acceptance.

they dont have public acceptance, they just have a fan base that would watch it regardless of drug testing.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2016, 02:33:42 PM »
they dont have public acceptance, they just have a fan base that would watch it regardless of drug testing.

They have to expand beyond "fan base" ...that's how companies make it.

We all loved PrideFC and didn't care they were juiced to the gills, but like I said..pride only could go so far globally and with the general public.

UFC will get public acceptance by "playing the game" and giving off impression "they care about PED's in the sport" ...the die hard fans will take a back seat.

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »
They have to expand beyond "fan base" ...that's how companies make it.

We all loved PrideFC and didn't care they were juiced to the gills, but like I said..pride only could go so far globally and with the general public.

UFC will get public acceptance by "playing the game" and giving off impression "they care about PED's in the sport" ...the die hard fans will take a back seat.
People who dont like football dont watch football, people who dont like boxing dont watch boxing.

Who beyond the fan base is interested in two guys with their heads buried in each others crotches for 15 minutes?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
People who dont like football dont watch football, people who dont like boxing dont watch boxing.

Who beyond the fan base is interested in two guys with their heads buried in each others crotches for 15 minutes?

LOL

to answer your ?....the more mainstream anything becomes...the more followers show up to the party. We might love it but the mainstreamers who know jack shit about the sport will eventually pay the bills and outnumber us.

Therefore they get catered too. Kinda like planet fitness on one corner vs a hardcore golds gym across the street. I'm golds hardcore all day, but that shit across the street serving pizza and enforcing it's ok to be NOT in shape enjoy the WIFI for 10$ will get all the business.