Author Topic: What is all this Pokeman bs I keep hearing about?  (Read 13917 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: What is all this Pokeman bs I keep hearing about?
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »
I thought this Pokemon shit was from over ten years ago? Fucking pathetic adults bothering with this shit

so you don't want to go pokemon hunting with me in Ibiza?  :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2016, 12:33:54 PM »
Yeah, and the game is even endangering black men's lives!

Then in that case . . . . . .  :o

Obama will speak out on it

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2016, 02:05:50 PM »

threetrees

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2016, 02:08:01 PM »
Someone help me out here - a few people got all upset when i said it was bs and a game for betas. 

you are what 5'1"? ofcourse they get upset/no one takes you serious

I'm not playing it either tho

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2016, 02:43:14 PM »
I dunno what the world is coming to, all the 20 yr olds at work are whipping their phones it for this bullshit. I asked what you do, "you tap on it capture it and flick it". Some shit like that, very sad.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »
I dunno what the world is coming to, all the 20 yr olds at work are whipping their phones it for this bullshit. I asked what you do, "you tap on it capture it and flick it". Some shit like that, very sad.

Pokemans of Peace
Q

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
you are what 5'1"? ofcourse they get upset/no one takes you serious

I'm not playing it either tho

Actually 5'1.5"   at least you can get it right.   ;)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »

It's designed to be addictive.  Not just Pokeman either.  Ever notice how people must look at their cell phone every minute?  There was a Star Trek TNG episode where everyone gets addicted to a game...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2016, 04:26:09 PM »
I read about some chick who was playing and found a dead guy in a pond. Is it tied to people's phones, as in does it track random people's phones as a point of interest? It didn't explain it in the article.

A couple kids in my town were playing Pokemon and found a handgun in a field.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »
Good question. A stupid phenomenon, and I just found out two days ago ( Sunday )  

A lot of grownups fat, tattooed  walking like morons at a park. Probably 40 people. Not kidding ... when a friend told me they were all playing Pokemon go.  

Embarrassing to say the least.  I thought that Pokemon thing was intended for little kids

Look who's talking.

A bunch of old geezers in this thread.  Embarrassing to read.  I'm sure your hobbies are all far loftier. ::)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2016, 05:07:15 PM »
Peter Pan syndrome

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2016, 05:20:52 PM »
Peter Pan syndrome

Randy Constan says Hi

Q

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2016, 05:42:59 PM »
Look who's talking.

A bunch of old geezers in this thread.  Embarrassing to read.  I'm sure your hobbies are all far loftier. ::)

Posting on getbig is by far a better hobby.

;D

In all honesty, I put some girl on blast about her anger at a game she doesn't play earlier.

Yet thinks it's perfectly normal for an adult with zero children to traipse around Disneyland and wear mickey ears. (Again, I don't think either is bad, but I'm not judging others either)

I mean, why does anyone care what other people do with their time.

Your time, your money, do whatever you want. Just don't bother me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »
Saw a bunch of these losers today - road pizza in short order

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2016, 01:05:53 AM »
Yet thinks it's perfectly normal for an adult with zero children to traipse around Disneyland and wear mickey ears. (Again, I don't think either is bad, but I'm not judging others either)

I'd rather wear a transi-beanie (a beanie used during a transitional hair-phase) and skintight blue garments than mickey-ears!  :D ;D
Q

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »
I'd rather wear a transi-beanie (a beanie used during a transitional hair-phase) and skintight blue garments than mickey-ears!  :D ;D

Exactly!!!

Much more adult!  8)

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2016, 10:52:25 AM »
Pokémon Go players have flocked to the museum in Washington, D.C. honoring Jews killed by the Nazis in World War II, irking administrators, The Washington Post reported Tuesday. As it is a museum dedicated to a fictional event, it should be filled with fictional characters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2016, 11:29:56 AM »
Pokémon Go players have flocked to the museum in Washington, D.C. honoring Jews killed by the Nazis in World War II, irking administrators, The Washington Post reported Tuesday. As it is a museum dedicated to a fictional event, it should be filled with fictional characters.

SAME W THE 911 MEMORIAL IN NYC

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:16 PM »
Black Lives Matter charges Pokemon Go with Racism!

Privileged White People Run Blue Eyed Avatars Through Their Neighborhoods, Knowing the Police Won't Shoot

Leaders of the Black Lives Matter Movement have charged Pokemon Go, Nintendo's new hit game app, with inherent racism.

There are two respects in which Pokemon Go is regarded as racist by those in the know in the BLM movement. The first respect, is that it's much safer to play Pokemon Go, which requires you to walk around your own neighborhood; if you're white and living in your own neighborhood.

The second respect in which Pokemon Go is racist is that you can set yourself up as a white Avatar, hunting down and collecting--or shooting--the black monsters in your own neighborhood.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/07/11/news/black-lives-matter-charges-pokemon-go-with-racism/1596.html

"Warning: Pokémon Go is a death sentence if you’re a black man,"
Omari Akil argued in an essay at Medium over the weekend.

It’s a startling, even extreme-sounding claim. How could a virally popular smartphone game featuring adorable Japanese cartoon characters possibly endanger the lives of black men?

But Akil’s explanation makes a lot of sense, and it is incredibly sobering. Akil says he rushed to download the game and try it out but quickly realized that its "augmented reality" interface also replicates the systemic racial inequalities of our regular, un-augmented reality:

I spent less than 20 minutes outside. Five of those minutes were spent enjoying the game. One of those minutes I spent trying to look as pleasant and nonthreatening as possible as I walked past a somewhat visibly disturbed white woman on her way to the bus stop. I spent the other 14 minutes being distracted from the game by thoughts of the countless Black Men who have had the police called on them because they looked "suspicious" or wondering what a second amendment exercising individual might do if I walked past their window a 3rd or 4th time in search of a Jigglypuff.

Akil’s logic is simple: Black men are stopped more often by police for unusual or suspicious behavior. More police stops means a greater risk of violent interactions, and black men are disproportionately killed by police. Pokémon Go causes people to do unusual things in public spaces. Therefore, Pokémon Go poses a real risk to black men in America.

So basically, even BLM are saying black neighbourhoods are bad. They sound pretty racist to me.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2016, 02:25:34 PM »
So basically, even BLM are saying black neighbourhoods are bad. They sound pretty racist to me.

Nah, they ain't racist, black neighbourhoods are just that bad.
Q

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2016, 02:42:33 PM »
;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2016, 03:17:27 PM »
great game, anything that makes fat little american kids walk, is awesome.
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2016, 03:26:44 PM »
I was defriended by 2 people (former close friends) on facebook over this. I wrote, "No respectable adult still plays pokemon." One guy responded with, "Yeah, its so bad that this is making people interact and exercise." Obviously, he was being sarcastic. I said, "Yes, but when the app/game loses its flavor, these same people will go back to being couch potatoes. A game/app should not make you want to exercise. You should just want to." A few minutes later he and another person defriended me. They got really offended.  ??? ??? ???

Good post.

It reminds me of a smart phone version on the old "geo cache". This was where someone leaves some dumb item in a place and provides clues via GPS coordinates.
You're 100% correct that wanting to exercise shouldn't have to be tied in with some goofy fantasy pursuit.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2016, 03:35:56 PM »
great game, anything that makes fat little american kids walk, is awesome.

The BMC version has PAWGs instead and you collect their virtual images by hiding your phone under your bed.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2016, 03:39:33 PM »
i've heard people are being lured by others to secluded places and getting mugged using this app/game