Author Topic: Clinton lead over Trump shrinking fast  (Read 4332 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Clinton lead over Trump shrinking fast
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:38:10 AM »
Clinton’s lead over Trump shrinks dramatically
McClatchy/Marist/The State ^ | 7/13/2016 | David Lightman
Posted on 7/13/2016, 10:33:16 AM by usafa92

CLEVELAND Hillary Clinton’s lead over Donald Trump has withered to 3 percentage points, signaling their battle for the White House has become too close to call heading into the two major-party national conventions, according to a new McClatchy-Marist poll.

Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, now leads Trump by 42 to 39 percent in a head-to-head matchup. While Republicans and Democrats are solidly behind their candidates, independents are divided, 36 percent for Clinton, 33 percent for Trump – and 23 percent undecided.

Clinton does somewhat better in a four-way race, topping Trump 40 to 35 percent. Libertarian Gary Johnson has 10 percent support, while the Green Party’s Jill Stein has 5 percent.

Either way, Clinton’s support has slipped noticeably, particularly in the one-on-one matchup with Trump. It was the first time her support had dropped below 50 percent in polls going back a year.

Her numbers plunged as the controversy over her private email server while secretary of state dominated political news. On July 5, the poll’s first day, FBI Director James Comey recommended that Clinton not be charged but termed her aides and her “extremely careless’’ in their handling of classified material. Two days later, Comey testified before a House of Representatives committee.

(Excerpt) Read more at thestate.com ...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Clinton lead over Trump shrinking fast
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:54:38 AM »
Might get a bump out of the convention but she'll have 3-4 points over him to atleast the debates....then he either chokes her on national TV or he looks like the idiot he is.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:09:02 AM »
Might get a bump out of the convention but she'll have 3-4 points over him to atleast the debates....then he either chokes her on national TV or he looks like the idiot he is.

His tone the last few days seems a lot better. 

I'm probably voting for 3rd party - but i still hate that evil CVNT and want her to lose so badly i am still open to possibly voting for him at the end of the day. 

Hillary is a disgusting evil witch and she enables all the scum of society just like the present douchebag. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 08:29:19 AM »
His tone the last few days seems a lot better. 

I'm probably voting for 3rd party - but i still hate that evil girl and want her to lose so badly i am still open to possibly voting for him at the end of the day. 

Hillary is a disgusting evil witch and she enables all the scum of society just like the present douchebag. 

Trump just might beat her.....He is ahead in a lot of states where she should be leading.......and hes very passionate about his stand on the issues which she seems to lack....I have to be honest  there is a little part of me that wants to vote for him as well...as irrational as that sounds

As for you, I think you actually WILL vote for him...his views and yours are IDENTICAL

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »
Trump just might beat her.....He is ahead in a lot of states where she should be leading.......and hes very passionate about his stand on the issues which she seems to lack....I have to be honest  there is a little part of me that wants to vote for him as well...as irrational as that sounds

As for you, I think you actually WILL vote for him...his views and yours are IDENTICAL

Fat Hillary and her cabal of wierdos need to be defeated

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 09:04:25 AM »
Ad Spending Update: Clinton Outspends Trump $57M to $4M
NBC ^ | 13 Jul 2016
Posted on 07/13/2016 8:04:51 AM PDT by mandaladon

Hillary Clinton and her allies continue to outspend Donald Trump and his backers over the airwaves by a 15-to-1 margin, according to ad-spending data from SMG Delta.

Team Clinton has spent $57 million on ads so far in the general election -- $25 million coming from the campaign and another $32 million from pro-Clinton Super PACs.

By comparison, Team Trump has aired $3.6 million in ads, with all of the spending from two outside groups, the National Rifle Association ($2.3 million) and Rebuilding America Now ($1.3 million). The Trump campaign has yet to spend a single cent on ads so far in the general election.

Last week, the totals were $45 million for Team Clinton, versus $2.8 million for Team Trump.

Clinton's advantage is even more pronounced in the battlegrounds, where Team Clinton has spent a combined $46.2 million in nine states to Team Trump's $1.2 million. That's nearly a 40-to-1 margin.

Total Ad Spending So Far

Team Clinton: $57 million ($25 million from campaign, $32 million from Super PACs)

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
hilary spent the month bitterly fighting bernie AND wrapping up the emailgate stuff.   bad month for her on 2 fronts.

bernie backs her, cleared by FBI... donor confidence will increase now.

I gotta admit - I like the "off the script" trump MUCH better than teleprompter trump.  He's entirely below average when he does the "read a sentence with big words, then add a simple word comment" over and over.   "We will neutralize the global threats to United State by numerous adversaries... cause you gotta take out the bad, bad guys." and "Turmoil on the international stage due to energy insecurity must not be tolerated... since Obama has been really really bad all over lots of things, and we're going to be really, really great, a lot of people tell me that...."

It's so awkward.  I prefer his 3rd grade talk consistently.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »

Trump doesn't choke on national TV.

That's where he is as comfortable as you sitting on your bathroom toilet.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »

As long as he doesn't have to answer questions or have a serious policy discussion. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 09:54:28 AM »
As long as he doesn't have to answer questions or have a serious policy discussion. 

As if Hillary doesn't evade questions?

Did you see the Loretta Lynch ordeal a couple days ago?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 09:58:31 AM »
As if Hillary doesn't evade questions?

Did you see the Loretta Lynch ordeal a couple days ago?

Hillary evades, deceives, etc.  No question about that. 

I skipped the Lynch hearing.  I've seen and heard enough.  They are all corrupt. 

But that has nothing to do with Trump's inability to answer policy questions or have a serious, substantive policy discussion. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 11:04:48 AM »

If he tries to debate Hillary the way he owned the Republicans, he will get smoked.

It won't be pretty.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »

this.

give him 120 straight seconds of uninterrupted time to explain his middle eastern policy, and his thing, vague, witty one-liners are suddenly going to make people a little nervous aobut his actual level of preparation.

give him 120 seconds to explain his promised to "completely erase 21 trillion of debt in 8 years".   Then give the analysts a week to explain how ludicrous the idea is. 

Gonna be a whole lot of whining about "gotcha questions" and "biased moderators", as the only defense for his inept answers.  And they will be inept.  Even his supporters kinda agree he's not all that well-versed on the issues, players, and situations.   

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »
Shillary is behind in the the most crucial swing states.   States Obama won easily in 2012.   she is having trouble energizing those people who will most likely swing for trump when it comes to the undecided voter.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 11:31:44 AM »
No females on Trump's RM list.  Too bad.  Not a good decision IMO.

But I hope once he gets his vp choice on board, that person will get him on a serious track.  He can beat Hillary if he wants to, and he can turn this nation around if he'd only have faith.

And as for the "debates", don't forget Hillary is a runner.  She must run like hell when confronted with her history of anti-American behavior.  So he can completely own her on the debate stage if he'd only snap out of it and get with the program.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 11:32:41 AM »
No females on Trump's RM list.  Too bad.  Not a good decision IMO.

But I hope once he gets his vp choice on board, that person will get him on a serious track.  He can beat Hillary if he wants to, and he can turn this nation around if he'd only have faith.

And as for the "debates", don't forget Hillary is a runner.  She must run like hell when confronted with her history of anti-American behavior.  So he can completely own her on the debate stage if he'd only snap out of it and get with the program.

Hillarys' base of morons are too busy chasing fake cartoon charatchers around than to watch debates

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
Hillarys' base of morons are too busy chasing fake cartoon charatchers around than to watch debates

Many of Bernie's people aren't satisfied with Madame Neocon.  She's completely worthless to the average person, and she can hide that only so well and for so long.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 11:54:42 AM »
Hillary evades, deceives, etc.  No question about that.  

I skipped the Lynch hearing.  I've seen and heard enough.  They are all corrupt.  

But that has nothing to do with Trump's inability to answer policy questions or have a serious, substantive policy discussion.  

The guy is no Newt Gingrich when it comes to command of policy, I grant you that. He is a new politican and is learning along the way and he has made progress.

Hillary has a stack of issues a mile high to deal with herself and this is a one on one event at this point.

Anybody who thinks she will blow him out of the water with her issues and his stage presence is kidding themselves.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 11:56:35 AM »
If he tries to debate Hillary the way he owned the Republicans, he will get smoked.

It won't be pretty.

Haven't you been wrong about him the entire time?

Why should your words carry any weight whatsoever?

You are the last person anybody should take serious on what Trump is capable of.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »
Haven't you been wrong about him the entire time?

Why should your words carry any weight whatsoever?

You are the last person anybody should take serious on what Trump is capable of.

How have I been "wrong" about him?

I have not made any real predictions on anything other than his attitude, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

The only prediction I've made is that he won't be President of the United States.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 12:03:53 PM »
How have I been "wrong" about him?

I have not made any real predictions on anything other than his attitude, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

The only prediction I've made is that he won't be President of the United States.

There were rumors going around that Trump was considering a Democrat for VP.

I must admit, I did think that was kind of bizarre.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »

It could be a damn good move.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »
Clinton's negatives now exceed Trump's.  Just heard.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 12:10:15 PM »

That wasn't me.

I never made any such claims.

Would that turn off his base? Would that bring over Democrats? Would a Democrat make that jump?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
Shillary is behind in the the most crucial swing states.   States Obama won easily in 2012.   she is having trouble energizing those people who will most likely swing for trump when it comes to the undecided voter.

Trump will benefit greatly in those states from all these social issues going on, shit economy, her baggage etc

Hillary is going to have some real problems there.