Author Topic: If Science Proves Religion to be rooted in False Promises, What will happen?  (Read 4041 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
you guys babble way to much. its very simple

as long as man fears death, there will be religion.

so guess what? there will always be religion.

its just about one thing.  fear of dying

Exactly, if we never died, why would one spend their entire life worshiping God in order to live with him in the afterlife? That is the ultimate goal of religion. It's a tradeoff, I serve God, and get rewarded with eternal salvation. It plays solely on the fear of death.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
I believe that science will prove or disprove the existence of God in the next 50 years. Currently with the intellect and knowledge that humanity has amassed over the past several thousand years, it is logical to assume that God doesn't exist, but due to the fact that we can't DISPROVE it, religious nuts will always use that ONE SINGLE FACT to support their claims that God exists.

Take this scenario: I can create an imaginary character named "VinceG" who lives in the magical land of "heaven" but since I can't disprove that this character truly doesn't actually exist due to the fact that my reality is limited to that with which I can perceive, you can say that VinceG actually does indeed live in heaven.

The only saving grace for religion is the fact that humans can only perceive reality with the senses given to us from birth. Science is getting to the point where we are understanding the Universe in a different light, observing dark matter, and other quantum phenomenon that was once thought to never exist. In other words, our perception of reality is broadening greatly and is no longer limited to what we can see, hear, feel, touch, or taste.

Science, by definition, can never reveal the metaphysical.

But faith can.  :)

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
So you think everything came into existence by chance and there is no creator?

Just because evey religion is wrong doesn't mean there isn't a creator.

Were all agnostic until someone can prove their claims.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
What I find amazing is that all matter and all atoms came into existence at the same time 14 billion years ago.  The same atoms have been swirling around ever since, just changing the molecules and particles and therefore the form of their existence over time.
We are all therefore 14 billion years old.  The atoms making up my finger typing this might have been part of a Woolly Mammoth's tongue 100,000 years ago ,  a brontosaurus tooth 30 million years ago and one of Sergio's old thongs in the 60's.

Mind blowing stuff.  We are actually swirling atoms forming entities which make up our conscious selves for a few years then zoom off to become part of something else.  In fact even our livers are not the same atoms they were 5 years ago.  We are constantly wearing our and replacing our organic selves with different atoms but the question is ,  why do we maintain the same consciousness despite changing our atoms during our lives?

Rampage

• Getbig IV
Re: If Science Proves Religion to be rooted in False Promises, What will happen?

Science only recently co-signed to whatever religion has said for 1000s of years.

People have been raving for 1000 of years before that GOD doesnt exist because we cant see him

So whats the difference if that happens again? The same thing that happened before

*FAITH*

If faith is based on logic, its not FAITH.If people believed in GOD based on science , you havent shown FAITH, youve showed reason

Method101

• Getbig V
Buddhism is the only religion that doesn't totally contradict modern science and some people say it's more of a philosophy than a actual religion.

I have respect for the teachings of the Blue eyed Ary-an Siddhartha Gautama since they are far more realistic than the ramblings of that bastard child Jesus.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Buddhism is the only religion that doesn't totally contradict modern science and some people say it's more of a philosophy than a actual religion.

I have respect for the teachings of the Blue eyed Ary-an Siddhartha Gautama since they are far more realistic than the ramblings of that bastard child Jesus.
Man, what is it with you? You always reek of insecurity, seeking to want to belong to some group you feel superior at the time. Or should I say, you seem like a lost young man who feels inferior, so needs to associate with people who are written or seen as superior. My guess is you didn't have a good upbringing or strong family unit, so you constantly try and search for meaning from groups, religions, etc that you deem stronger or more "together" that what you had growing up.
Maybe if you actually practiced the teachings of Jesus, you would find peace within yourself, and stop searching for it with associations of others that you deem superior.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
Ropoo, you are such a fucking retard you dumb fuck! Jesus H Christ! I shake my head when I see your moronic posts!

Where has the existence of a Creator been disproven? You claim this has been done thousands of times during the years. Please post this information for all to see.

Nobody can prove this at this point. Some scientists are even debating if our Universe is a computer simulation or Base Reality. And if it is a computer simulation it actually points to a Creator after all. Lol!

You're the last one to be referencing IQ numbers cockroach!

Well, you just proved my words all together. You are just too fucking stupid to understand it, so there is no point to go any further with this. You live in blind faith, as always, and trust me: happiness is a warm foil hat  ;D

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
There is vast documentation that proves religions are myths.

But believers have an emotional connection with religion which many times provides them with the comfort they may not be receiving from the real world. Many of them are willing to ignore any evidence that contradicts their beliefs just to protect this shelter they have built up around their beliefs.

I was in the pentecostal church and emotionalism is high there.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
Regardless whether you believe in god or not, you will be left with less freedom in the Western civilization without Christian values in your general population…And here is why:

When you replace religion ( specifically Christianity/Jewish/Greek/Roman culture) with the STATE or science (that is currently owned by the state) –

How do you convince general society to be good or conform to social norms?

Religion gives people two internalized mechanism of compliance for Good:

1)  An Internal compliance due to a conscious and sub-conscious Desire for virtue

2) An internal compliance due to Religion (I don't want to go to hell > I want to go to heaven)

WITHOUT religion (secular ethics) you are left with only 2 external mechanisms of compliance for Good:

3) Attack/punishment by the State, An external compliance due Threat to freedom, more regulation or Jail

4) Ostracism, scorn, verbal abuse by others.

So If Atheism/state/science destroys religion this will be replaced with a MUCH bigger more powerful government + more social justice warriors types  :-X

Ironically Atheists instead of aligning themselves with Christian/Western ideals are hell bent ('scuse the pun) on bringing it down. But once the Christian/Western culture is destroyed a more forceful belief system may take it's place in the future - - something like lets say… Islam… which is not as tolerant and believes in death to ALL Atheists.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
Where did God come from?  and when did God suddenly exist if God is responsible for the big bang?

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
Religion is not needed to be good nor does morality comes from religion.

Most human beings have some let's call it instinctual sense of morality that prevents them from doing things that might harm others. If humans didn't have this our species most likely would not have made it to this date.

Science can also be used to refine a sense of morality or being good.

The bible says many things that today's society agrees are not good examples to follow.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
What will happen is people will have to take responsibility for their bigotry and prejudices.