Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board
We're going to have unbelievable intelligence
(1/5) > >>
Straw Man:
We are so fucked if this idiot becomes POTUS

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-trump-pence-republican-ticket/

--- Quote ---Lesley Stahl: Horrible. You said you would declare war against ISIS. What exactly do you have--

Donald Trump: It is war. By the way, it is war.

Lesley Stahl: No, but does that-- when you say, "Declare war," do you want to send American troops in there? Is that what you mean?

Donald Trump: Look, we have people that hate us. We have people that want to wipe us out. We're gonna declare war against ISIS. We have to wipe out ISIS. These are people that--
Lesley Stahl: With troops on the ground?

Donald Trump: I am going to have very few troops on the ground. We're going to have unbelievable intelligence, which we need; which, right now, we don't have. We don't have the people over there. We are going to use--

Lesley Stahl: You want to send Americans--

Donald Trump: Excuse me-- and we're going to have surrounding states and, very importantly, get NATO involved because we support NATO far more than we should, frankly, because you have a lot of countries that aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing. And we have to wipe out ISIS. And speaking of Turkey, Turkey is an ally. Turkey can do it by themselves. But they have to be incentivized. For whatever reason, they're not. So we have no choice.

Lesley Stahl: But I still don't know if you're going to send troops over--

Donald Trump: Very little. I'm gonna--

Lesley Stahl: But declare war--

Donald Trump: --get neighboring states and I'm going to get-- we are going to get NATO; we're going to wipe 'em out. We're gonna--

Lesley Stahl: But declare war?

Mike Pence: Lesley--

Lesley Stahl: What does that mean--

Mike Pence: This is-- this is the kind-- this is the kind of leadership that America needs and it--

Lesley Stahl: But what--

Mike Pence: -and it begins with deciding to destroy the enemies of our freedom.

Lesley Stahl: How?

Mike Pence: And how we do that? I have every confidence. You-- you remember I served on the Foreign Affairs Committee. And I'm very confident that when Donald Trump becomes president of the United States, he'll give a directive to our military commanders, bring together other nations, and we will use the enormous resources of the United States to destroy that enemy.

Donald Trump: Now look, we are going to get rid of ISIS, big league. And we're going to get rid of 'em fast. And we're going to use surrounding states. We're going to use NATO, probably. And we're going to declare war. It is war. When the World Trade Center comes tumbling down, with thousands of people being killed, people are still-- I have friends that are still--

Lesley Stahl: But we did go to war, if you remember. We went to Iraq.

Donald Trump: Yeah, you went to Iraq, but that was handled so badly. And that was a war-- by the way, that was a war that we shouldn't have entered because Iraq did not knock down--excuse me

Lesley Stahl: Your running mate--

Donald Trump: Iraq did not--

Lesley Stahl: --voted for it.

Donald Trump: I don't care.

Lesley Stahl: What do you mean you don't care that he voted for?

Donald Trump: It's a long time ago. And he voted that way and they were also misled. A lot of information was given to people.

Lesley Stahl: But you've harped on this.

Donald Trump: But I was against the war in Iraq from the beginning.

Lesley Stahl: Yeah, but you've used that vote of Hillary's that was the same as Governor Pence as the example of her bad judgment.

Donald Trump: Many people have, and frankly, I'm one of the few that was right on Iraq.

Lesley Stahl: Yeah, but what about he--

Donald Trump: He's entitled to make a mistake every once in a while.

Lesley Stahl: But she's not? OK, come on--

Donald Trump: But she's not--

Lesley Stahl: She's not?

Donald Trump: No. She's not.

Lesley Stahl: Got it.
--- End quote ---

240 is Back:
Trump didn't know what the nuclear triad is.

Trump barely knows the war details, processes, etc.

At best, he'll be a puppet for the pentagon.  Ask bush 2001 how that worked. 
At best, Pence just runs all the wars while Trump cuts ribbons or tweet battles.

At worst, he's doing this to look inept and hapless so people choose hilary, his intention all along.
Straw Man:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on July 20, 2016, 10:48:07 AM ---Trump didn't know what the nuclear triad is.

Trump barely knows the war details, processes, etc.

At best, he'll be a puppet for the pentagon.  Ask bush 2001 how that worked. 
At best, Pence just runs all the wars while Trump cuts ribbons or tweet battles.

At worst, he's doing this to look inept and hapless so people choose hilary, his intention all along.

--- End quote ---

yeah, he's doing all this to help his "wedding buddy" ::) ::)

Do you think he let his ViceTrump candidate in on that secret?
LurkerNoMore:

--- Quote from: Straw Man on July 20, 2016, 11:19:43 AM ---yeah, he's doing all this to help his "wedding buddy" ::) ::)

Do you think he let his ViceTrump candidate in on that secret?

--- End quote ---

Do you think he cared about a VP candidate when he picked that moron?  With the dismal rating in his home state, he would never get elected again anyhow. 
Straw Man:

--- Quote from: LurkerNoMore on July 20, 2016, 12:04:20 PM ---Do you think he cared about a VP candidate when he picked that moron?  With the dismal rating in his home state, he would never get elected again anyhow.  

--- End quote ---

he picked him to appeal to fundies (that's if you believe that he actually wants to win)

I'm just wondering if anyone else in the campaign knows that Trump entire purpose for running is to help Hillary.  Do you think his kids and wife know it.  Afterall he's done great damage to many of his business relationships by running. Don't you think his kids would be concerned about that.

Remember 240 believes that at some point Trump will "bow out" and endorse Hillary

Imagine how stupid Pence is going to feel (much less all those delegates and Trump supporters) when he does that.

Chris Christie is really going to be pissed when he finds out.

Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version