Author Topic: DILLETT's back - What went wrong, exactly?  (Read 3126 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
DILLETT's back - What went wrong, exactly?
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:35:58 PM »
Relaxed, his back looked great. It didn't seem to be a matter of lacking actual muscle size, but he just couldn't open it up right. I wonder if his shoulder problems somehow affected his ability to hit certain shots (see the second pic; it looks like only one side is opened properly), but overall the dude was just genetically abnormal in positive and negative ways.

I was watching a vid from the '02 NOC and he looked fat and smooth but at the same time shredded. Anyway here are some pics where his back looked good:

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: DILLETT's back - What went wrong, exactly?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »
Alot of mass and little detail.  In addition to the shittiest posing the IFBB has ever seen.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 04:44:32 PM »
Plus IMO Dillett started going downhill after the '94 Arnold cramp fiasco. By the late '90s his chest was more or less gone, and he was gifted a few shows in that timeframe too.

By 2003 he was cooked.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »
Plus IMO Dillett started going downhill after the '94 Arnold cramp fiasco. By the late '90s his chest was more or less gone, and he was gifted a few shows in that timeframe too.

By 2003 he was cooked.

He was wide naturally but shallow. Shallow back, shallow chest. Density is only achieved through hard work and heavy weights consistently. Something he's not known for in the gym.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:30:37 PM »
I really don't know what to say about his back. A little of everything was wrong with Paul's back. Posing was also bad, but there were a few poses where it looked decent.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 09:30:54 PM »
He probably had some electrolyte problem that never allowed him to properly flex. It's hard to think you can pose that bad, but maybe there's more to it. Bodybuilding does not require many skills, but posing is one that makes a difference.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 10:25:44 PM »
His mountains of ebony muscle were a blessing and a curse.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »

By 2003 he was cooked.

Wow, I've never seen that 2003 pic. He was beyond a shadow of his former self there. Imo, he looked good (not great) up until 2000 (Night of Champions) when he competed against guys like Markus Ruhl (2nd place), Jay Cutler (the winner), Lee Priest, Pavol Jablonicky, Dexter Jackson and Orville Burke. I believe he came in 3rd place at a weight of 290 pounds (his heaviest competition weight).

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 10:40:09 PM »
Wow, I've never seen that 2003 pic. He was beyond a shadow of his former self there. Imo, he looked good (not great) up until 2000 (Night of Champions) when he competed against guys like Markus Ruhl (2nd place), Jay Cutler (the winner), Lee Priest, Pavol Jablonicky, Dexter Jackson and Orville Burke. I believe he came in 3rd place at a weight of 290 pounds (his heaviest competition weight).

Complete mess... somehow looks narrow too

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 11:01:36 PM »
Some more of him from the 2000 Night of Champions. He looks way better there then he would in 2003. Btw, Markus had 0 triceps even back then. He wasn't the full package some claim that he was.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 12:25:55 AM »
He was wide naturally but shallow. Shallow back, shallow chest. Density is only achieved through hard work and heavy weights consistently. Something he's not known for in the gym.

DENSITY! MUSCLEMATURITY! Yepp! Your spot on! U cant reach the level of great density without doing those fucking sets day out day in year out year in!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 03:32:20 AM »
Paul Dillet always seemed to me like a lazy genetic freak, who relied on hormones and diuretics to place well.
After his onstage cramping, he probably had to cut back on the drugs, and base his progress on consistent hard training and disciplined diet, things a lazy person won't stay on for long.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 03:39:12 AM »
I think that show back in 2000 was the first of many gifts Jay would receive over his long career ;D