Author Topic: Do Black Lives Really Matter to Democrats?  (Read 11005 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Do Black Lives Really Matter to Democrats?
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2016, 11:18:54 AM »
Sanders outspent Hillary 2-1 on TV Ads in NY, and Hillary still got 75% of the Black vote.

From NBC News:

"Bernie Sanders' campaign has outspent Hillary Clinton over New York's airwaves by a 2-to-1 margin, according to ad-spending data from SMG Delta.

The Sanders campaign has spent $5.6 million on ads in the Empire State, versus $2.8 million for the Clinton campaign."

Hard to believe the results would've been much different had Bernie made a few stops at fried chicken joints in Harlem.

Wow. Such an analytical mind.  ::)

She has actually held elected office in New York. Also, New York city, much less New york state, is not all black, no matter how convenient that would make it for you when you want to complain about it. So, advertising in NY =/= campaigning for black voters.

Like most precincts, Bernie's strongest support in NYC came from young voters. 82% of under-24s.  Without those voters, whether or not he was even competitive was questionable. A lot of them were probably only voting in the election to vote for Sanders.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »

So I will have to ask you. Why did they vote for Hillary in such high percentages. What about her campaign and platform was so appealing to the black community?

To elaborate a little more on why blacks didn't connect with Sanders, let's go back to something I said a little earlier in the thread. One of Hillary voters' primary concerns was choosing someone who could feasibly win in November. This was not just a black thing, it wa all of them. It was a big consideration for me, even though I voted Sanders. On top of that, for a lot of people, regardless of race, Bernie's policies just didn't seem realistic. Voting for Hillary was largely pragmatic.

Sanders' incredibly strong support among young voters really does skew how much support he appeared to get from real America (i.e.
white people) and the fact that he under-campaigned for black people skews the racial division.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2016, 11:32:49 AM »

Wow. Such an analytical mind.  ::)

She has actually held elected office in New York. Also, New York city, much less New york state, is not all black, no matter how convenient that would make it for you when you want to complain about it. So, advertising in NY =/= campaigning for black voters.

Like most precincts, Bernie's strongest support in NYC came from young voters. 82% of under-24s.  Without those voters, whether or not he was even competitive was questionable. A lot of them were probably only voting in the election to vote for Sanders.

Sanders has been running political campaigns for the last 45 years. How many have you run? My guess is zero. But, this is the internet where shitheads with no experience feel perfectly comfortable telling experts how to go about their business.

Sanders didn't reach out to the black vote because he knew it was a lost cause, and there was point to sticking his tongue up black asses. That's also why Cruz didn't bother coming to New York. He knew he had no shot.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
Sanders has been running political campaigns for the last 45 years. How many have you run? My guess is zero. But, this is the internet where shitheads with no experience feel perfectly comfortable telling experts how to go about their business.

Sanders didn't reach out to the black vote because he knew it was a lost cause, and there was point to sticking his tongue up black asses. That's also why Cruz didn't bother coming to New York. He knew he had no shot.

Ah. Arguing like a true baby now.  Running a campaign, even winning elected office, doesn't make you an expert. You don't have to have run a campaign to see that Bernie made some avoidable mistakes.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2016, 12:38:07 PM »

To elaborate a little more on why blacks didn't connect with Sanders, let's go back to something I said a little earlier in the thread. One of Hillary voters' primary concerns was choosing someone who could feasibly win in November. This was not just a black thing, it wa all of them. It was a big consideration for me, even though I voted Sanders. On top of that, for a lot of people, regardless of race, Bernie's policies just didn't seem realistic. Voting for Hillary was largely pragmatic.

Sanders' incredibly strong support among young voters really does skew how much support he appeared to get from real America (i.e.
white people) and the fact that he under-campaigned for black people skews the racial division.

He had bigger leads over the entire Republican field than Hillary did at ANY point.
All polls show him winning with higher numbers than Hillary.

I will disagree with this.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2016, 01:00:38 PM »
He had bigger leads over the entire Republican field than Hillary did at ANY point.
All polls show him winning with higher numbers than Hillary.

I will disagree with this.

I addressed this earlier in the thread, too. The numbers in a "repub vs dem" matchup are different from a "which dem can actually win" matchup. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »
I addressed this earlier in the thread, too. The numbers in a "repub vs dem" matchup are different from a "which dem can actually win" matchup. 

Ok.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »
Man.  This is the worst lunch break ever.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2016, 06:34:43 PM »
sanders fucked up

somebody else
fucked up

that somebody else shall remain nameless

honestly, I was astonished with the success of the sanders campaign, the man should be given a medal for his achievements. The guy is also a decent person which never occurs in politics. He's been grinding away doing his thing for decades but I guess he made a breakthrough somehow. timing is everything with this stuff.
"