Author Topic: Is Trump Sabotaging His Campaign ?  (Read 2945 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Is Trump Sabotaging His Campaign ?
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 09:11:16 PM »
Yes, because then they automatically think you're for "that other person".  What a mess.  It's best just to stick to the issues.

no, it's because you included their guy in the "they all suck" category

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 09:50:17 PM »
Straw... as Bill C was thinking about possible strategy for Hillary's campaign, as I'm sure he couldn't help himself but to do: do you think he'd rather Trump be in or out?  Not as to make a prediction he'd get the nomination, necessarily, but just to have him run for any length of time at all.

a year ago there were ~ 17 people running for the Republican nomination

I don't know that  Bill is running her campaign but I don't think he or anyone gave Trump much thought, especially a year ago

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »
no, it's because you included their guy in the "they all suck" category

I've noticed if you pull that card when someone states a choice, then they'll immediately jump on the idea that you're against it.

But the most ridiculous thing to me, is that these two asshat parties that cause so much division in Americans (family members screaming over petty political shit), both happen to be angling toward exactly what the wealthiest people want.  Isn't that funny?  What a coincidence.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 11:11:19 PM »
a year ago there were ~ 17 people running for the Republican nomination

I don't know that  Bill is running her campaign but I don't think he or anyone gave Trump much thought, especially a year ago

Trump's personality being what it is, and with Clinton being even more privvy to it than most -- would you admit that Clinton could see Trump as being ideal opposition for Hillary, and for any length of time that could be had?

Because you don't deny Hillary has very little going for her when it comes to generating enthusiasm.  Do you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 09:53:41 AM »
Trump's personality being what it is, and with Clinton being even more privvy to it than most -- would you admit that Clinton could see Trump as being ideal opposition for Hillary, and for any length of time that could be had?

Because you don't deny Hillary has very little going for her when it comes to generating enthusiasm.  Do you?

any length of time
you mean any time during the Republican primary?
I don't think they gave him any thought at all during that time until maybe the very end when it was clear he was going to the the nominee

I have no enthusiasm for Hillary but I was at an event in Cupertino about 3 months ago where Bill Maher and Fran Lebowitz were having this semi moderated on stage discussion and Maher threw out Bernie and Hillary and Hillary got much more applause which truly surprised me.  Also, Lebowitz was much funnier than Maher which was also surprising 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2016, 11:42:28 AM »
any length of time
you mean any time during the Republican primary?
I don't think they gave him any thought at all during that time until maybe the very end when it was clear he was going to the the nominee

Yes, to say the longer the better, with any time being better than no time.  Seeing as how Hillary was due to be the heavyweight for the (D), a circus act to which she'd seem competent by comparison.

I have no enthusiasm for Hillary but I was at an event in Cupertino about 3 months ago where Bill Maher and Fran Lebowitz were having this semi moderated on stage discussion and Maher threw out Bernie and Hillary and Hillary got much more applause which truly surprised me.  Also, Lebowitz was much funnier than Maher which was also surprising 

Doesn't surprise me.  Tech country (which could have had a big dent placed in the liberties they take with information, if Bernie was able to take charge), establishment Dems like Primemuscle, etc.