Author Topic: Splitting back workouts ???  (Read 13028 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Splitting back workouts ???
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 04:40:43 AM »
Thanks for the input guys yes I suppose I got pissed off when I shouldn't have but thanks for the constructive criticism that's all I was wanting cheers meltdown over lol might be a bit off topic but who works rear delts with back or which of you do rear delts with shoulders???probably a daft question would think the majority would do rear delts on shoulder day???

In general, both options are ok. Maybe needles to say, but when you combine them with back, make sure you train them after training your back.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 07:07:24 AM »
depends how old you are and wish to accomplish...look to the inner universe... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
THIS.... has every exercise under the sun.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 07:16:38 AM »
Thanks for the input guys yes I suppose I got pissed off when I shouldn't have but thanks for the constructive criticism that's all I was wanting cheers meltdown over lol might be a bit off topic but who works rear delts with back or which of you do rear delts with shoulders???probably a daft question would think the majority would do rear delts on shoulder day???
or some train Traps with back. I would suggest you train if doing rear delts with Back then traps too. The Back as a term is relevant, we have lats(various small muscles) too in there..erectors lower back. Lower back is often trained in leg training.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 10:55:54 AM »
It's mainly personal preference with the rear delts being hit with back is the same concept as hitting biceps after back because they r already taxed to a degree from pulling. My personal preference is to do shoulders totally when I do shoulders.I also train traps with shoulders instead of back. But I do a 5 day split if you are intending to run a 3 day push pull legs type then u include it imo. But if you seperate your shoulders up the your shoulder routine will b shortened if u hit the delts on a seperate occasion

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
Why consistently do the same back workout?

...I'd get bored silly.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »

...I'd get bored silly.

Who ever said it had to be that way?
?

greg2112

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 06:25:21 AM »
Starting a new lifting cycle!  I looked back at this again I like this!  Might try this but 3 days a week EOD rotation. 

I like the concept of splitting back training into horizontal and vertical pulling. Here was my split when I did it:
back width, quads
chest, biceps
off
back thickness, hams
shoulders, triceps
off
off

I don't think you need more than 2-3 movements per back training and 6 work sets total per training.

greg2112

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 11:08:33 AM »
I been doing this split but doing it EOD and enjoying this lay out a lot.  Chin up's and then either zercher, front squat or saftey bar squats on day 1.  Added bonuses of upper back work from those squatting variants. 

Day 2 is very basic, a lot of wide dips, reverse grip benching, or inclines cover my pressing.  Biceps very basic with barbell curls.  I also toss in laterals in b/w sets of biceps for shoulder work.  End the session with a loaded carry.  Farmers or zercher carries

Day 3 back thickness/posterior chain consists of snatch grip RDL's, a ton of walking lunges and seal rows

Day 4 includes clean and presses or muscle snatches or snatch grip high pulls plus a basic shoulder press and basic tricep lifts such as cg floor pressing, and dips.  End session with a loaded carry.

This split has kept me feeling fresh and there is a lot of back work.  Every other day has been the key here

I like the concept of splitting back training into horizontal and vertical pulling. Here was my split when I did it:
back width, quads
chest, biceps
off
back thickness, hams
shoulders, triceps
off
off

I don't think you need more than 2-3 movements per back training and 6 work sets total per training.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »
This type training splits with loaded carries, zercher squats, farmer walks, and snatching seem very different than old school body building excersize selections. I have never used any of these types excersizes. So it's very foreign to me when I read this.

Foundation excersizes that are a must imo for body parts imo
Legs: back/front squat, leg press, hacks, lunges, extensions, deadlift all variations
Back: barbell row, dbell row, pull ups, deadlifts, pullovers.
 Chest: Incline press dB or BB, flies dips, flat pressing
Shoulders: OHP, side laterals,rear laterals, front laterals
Traps: deadlifts, barbell shrug, dbell shrug

Not trying to start shit but my opinion is that all these excersizes must be included consitently for years to have the best physique possible. Leaving out any type of snatching or violent excersizes that increase chance of Injury exponentially compared to the basics. Which are dangerous enough  when done intense.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »

...I'd get bored silly.
If the training works and u grow you shouldn't be bored. Training to grow isn't a a trip to Disney world. Not always fun and exciting it's work. But variety is beneficial

greg2112

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2016, 07:15:31 PM »
I agree with your exercise selection but nothing is more basic then picking up weights and walking with it, lol.  Try farmer walks with either DB's, trap bar or if you have access to the actual handles. Conditioning, grip work and blasts the traps. Go the distance.  50-90 meters.  Same with zercher carries going the distance.  Nothing crazy heavy but that TUT nails everything.  Great finishing movements.  I train in my garage nowadays therefore my training is very minimalist and barebone due to limited basic equipment.  If you have the space at your gym, try loaded carries for variety.  I trained my back this evening and nailed chin up's, seal rows and ended with 3 sets of zercher carries for 250 ft a set and tossed in 3 sets of meadow shrugs in between those sets.  Traps where screaming, lol.  Fun session outside in this NC humidity, lol

This type training splits with loaded carries, zercher squats, farmer walks, and snatching seem very different than old school body building excersize selections. I have never used any of these types excersizes. So it's very foreign to me when I read this.

Foundation excersizes that are a must imo for body parts imo
Legs: back/front squat, leg press, hacks, lunges, extensions, deadlift all variations
Back: barbell row, dbell row, pull ups, deadlifts, pullovers.
 Chest: Incline press dB or BB, flies dips, flat pressing
Shoulders: OHP, side laterals,rear laterals, front laterals
Traps: deadlifts, barbell shrug, dbell shrug

Not trying to start shit but my opinion is that all these excersizes must be included consitently for years to have the best physique possible. Leaving out any type of snatching or violent excersizes that increase chance of Injury exponentially compared to the basics. Which are dangerous enough  when done intense.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 08:15:40 AM »
I agree with your exercise selection but nothing is more basic then picking up weights and walking with it, lol.  Try farmer walks with either DB's, trap bar or if you have access to the actual handles. Conditioning, grip work and blasts the traps. Go the distance.  50-90 meters.  Same with zercher carries going the distance.  Nothing crazy heavy but that TUT nails everything.  Great finishing movements.  I train in my garage nowadays therefore my training is very minimalist and barebone due to limited basic equipment.  If you have the space at your gym, try loaded carries for variety.  I trained my back this evening and nailed chin up's, seal rows and ended with 3 sets of zercher carries for 250 ft a set and tossed in 3 sets of meadow shrugs in between those sets.  Traps where screaming, lol.  Fun session outside in this NC humidity, lol

Ah now I see u train at home. And I understand the humidity shit I'm south of you. I used to do some types of stuff like this when I was limited with equipment. I admit it wore me down heavy carries and such... definitely not easy. It would interfere with my regular training now, sure either could fit it in but never saw great results from this stuff as compared to more traditional if u will bodybuilding exclusive excersizes.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 08:25:02 AM »
Ah now I see u train at home. And I understand the humidity shit I'm south of you. I used to do some types of stuff like this when I was limited with equipment. I admit it wore me down heavy carries and such... definitely not easy. It would interfere with my regular training now, sure either could fit it in but never saw great results from this stuff as compared to more traditional if u will bodybuilding exclusive excersizes.
Agree.. however i think you can mix and match..integrate this in a normal programme if you have the energy. I like Bodyweight exercises too. Still...Traditional training always wins regardless of new trends...

greg2112

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 06:42:25 AM »
Going back to this.  EOD training and applying this rotation.

back width, quads
chest, biceps
off
back thickness, hams
shoulders, triceps
off
off