Author Topic: Kevin has his old Olympia face back  (Read 7328 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Kevin has his old Olympia face back
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2016, 01:27:15 AM »

You are in decent condition.
Thinking of competing??
Or Naturally a lean physique

What height / weight are you.
I competed this year in the area over 50s, came 4th, looking at competing again next May, Im 205 in the photo on the left at 5'10, 220 or so in the one on the right

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 06:02:18 AM »
Makes no difference if he stopped or not. Best he can hope for is to be as big as he ever was. Also if BT would stop for a few years he would be right back to where he was in 6 to 8 weeks.

Bingo

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »

I think he'll take some amazing pics, weeks out, then claim an injury and skip the show.   

All of the intrigue of a comeback, get ripped and do some partial shoots now, and have the whole world missing him.  Then he can do it all again next year, and the same people will fall for it again.

He is going to reach a point, 2-3 weeks out,where he's cut to ribbons but just realizes he doesn't have the muscle and will look skinny up there.  At that point, he eats sweet potatoes, does an amazing photo shoot, and quietly announces how sad he is to back out of the show he was ready for.   Injury, knee or back, something everyone can relate to.   Kevin for the win of the year, super popular at expo for his 'comeback'. 
Guest Poser of Peace.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2016, 12:16:27 PM »
I competed this year in the area over 50s, came 4th, looking at competing again next May, Im 205 in the photo on the left at 5'10, 220 or so in the one on the right

Excellent -- Good going.
What area are you & is That NABBA / UKBFF

I Keep Think of Having another Go.
Would like to do NABBA Midlands - UK - Universe.
A Pec & Triceps Tear Keep Putting Me Off.
Oh & Being 56.. Ha.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2016, 04:25:04 PM »
Levrone was comparing a recent pic to an old 1997 picture recently.
I think he has surpassed his worst 2003 look where he had
a tricep tear 2 months before the show.
From around 2000 on he could half ass it and get a good check.

My doubt is the 50 year old legs. The upside is that he does have good leg genetics
as proven by his early years. At the 1997 Grand Prixs his quads were very striated.

Here is new HQ footage from the 97 Olympia night show.
He lost a ton of water from prejudging and would have pushed a very injured Yates
with this physique but back then prejudging counted for most of
the scoring.
This physique would have beat Dexter and been battling Phil for the title
last year. Go full screen if you can.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2016, 04:51:22 PM »
Levrone was comparing a recent pic to an old 1997 picture recently.
I think he has surpassed his worst 2003 look where he had
a tricep tear 2 months before the show.
From around 2000 on he could half ass it and get a good check.

My doubt is the 50 year old legs. The upside is that he does have good leg genetics
as proven by his early years. At the 1997 Grand Prixs his quads were very striated.

Here is new HQ footage from the 97 Olympia night show.
He lost a ton of water from prejudging and would have pushed a very injured Yates
with this physique but back then prejudging counted for most of
the scoring.
This physique would have beat Dexter and been battling Phil for the title
last year. Go full screen if you can.

Agreed, the legs will be a huge factor and it will be interesting to see if he us able to bring them up. Imo, 2002 was his best package - great conditioning, detailed, and an awesome routine. He pushed Ronnie to the limit that year. I was there and the crowd went nuts booing twice - when Gunter was announced 5th and KL was announced 2nd.  Unfortunately, too much emphasis is put on leg size at all costs, to the point they're often out of proportion with the rest of the physique.  His legs cost him the title in 02 despite them being more separated, albeit smaller, than Coleman's.  

At the very least, I'm glad Levrone is competing and I'll be rooting for him. Definitely makes things more interesting.  

Here is his 02 routine.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2016, 09:01:04 PM »

Yeah I was going to say you look quite a bit thicker in the pic on the right. More mass. We're the same height. Wish I was able to be 220 with a small waist like you have. I went up to 223 and couldn't keep the waistline down. Need to be sub 200 for that (I'm currently 189).

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2016, 04:44:14 AM »
He essentially stopped training for 13 years. Imagine what he would look like now had he never stopped? I bet you haven't stopped.

Perhaps the break has done him some good?

He was training, just no where near as intense and probably off drugs or at low doses.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2016, 05:06:04 AM »
This middleaged assclown is going to place last at the Olympia this year !!!
Once you place him next to Big Rami ,Roelly Winklaar, Justin Compton and Dallas McCarver is going to look like a little kid !!!
The reality is that even in his prime , Levrone (1992 version), would end up crushed by today crop of Mass Monster !!!

That pic is from Devin Levrone, his brother.  ::)