Author Topic: Caption the pic!  (Read 3574 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Caption the pic!
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:49:21 PM »

The Original Brews Cruise

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
Re: Caption the pic!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »
Man the harpoons. This whale's gotta go down!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 06:30:40 PM »
Man the Gun Boats -- Don't let them Land.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 06:52:22 PM »
Ever wonder what horrors would cause these people to risk their lives for something (hopefully) better.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »

On their way to gangbang shizzos sister ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 07:06:24 PM »
Target practice

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 07:14:25 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 07:48:34 PM »

worlds largest dildo...

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 11:24:12 PM »
Ever wonder what horrors would cause these people to risk their lives for something (hopefully) better.
Islam.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 11:30:17 PM »

no electricity

no welfare

no white women
Ψ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 11:33:09 PM »
no electricity

no welfare

no white women

It should be this simple.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 11:57:16 PM »
Racist remark.

Target Practice is a much better caption on that pic than Racist mark.
Q

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 12:42:35 AM »

What makes them think they're entitled to sponge off of the preexisting taxpayer by illegal means?

If you want to emigrate, do it legally (or at least as legally as you possibly can). I've got a friend from school from Zimbabwe who has been living here for 20 years now, went through the proper process, now a chartered chemical engineer in Aberdeen. He worked his row out and put the work/time in.

You can't just want a better life I'm afraid, you've got to put the necessary work in.

You've got multiple Syrian families given free homes and access to taxpayer perks on the Isle of Bute in Scotland and all they can do is moan and say they are depressed. One might think being on a peaceful, tranquil Isle might be a heaven compared to being potentially bombed and/or murdered in your sleep.

It is the sense of entitlement that people have that's the problem. They don't want their basic human needs/rights fulfilled, they are not happy living a meek but humble life, they always demand more.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 01:26:46 AM »
What makes them think they're entitled to sponge off of the preexisting taxpayer by illegal means?

If you want to emigrate, do it legally (or at least as legally as you possibly can). I've got a friend from school from Zimbabwe who has been living here for 20 years now, went through the proper process, now a chartered chemical engineer in Aberdeen. He worked his row out and put the work/time in.

You can't just want a better life I'm afraid, you've got to put the necessary work in.

You've got multiple Syrian families given free homes and access to taxpayer perks on the Isle of Bute in Scotland and all they can do is moan and say they are depressed. One might think being on a peaceful, tranquil Isle might be a heaven compared to being potentially bombed and/or murdered in your sleep.

It is the sense of entitlement that people have that's the problem. They don't want their basic human needs/rights fulfilled, they are not happy living a meek but humble life, they always demand more.

How have you concluded these folks destination? All I see is a bunch of people crowded onto a blowup raft in body of water. Without an explanation as to what is transpiring, we are left assuming things based on our individual biases. The photo is certainly open to interpretation. The obvious assumption is that they are refugees seeking a new home, but we don't really know this. Moreover, unless someone has information they've not posted, we have no idea what their destination is, much less what they their expectations are.

There is the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words." But the words do not always accurately describe what the picture implies, so those thousand words may be meaningless.

One might rightfully hope that by providing asylum to refugees we improve their lives. In many cases we are. To think that every immigrant, whether legal or not, after upending a life they abhorred will happily acclimate to new circumstances is naive. They've left everything and everyone they've known for "pie in the sky." A transition such as this is often overwhelming. We all like to believe people should be thankful for charity. Sometimes when things don't turn out as expected, it is difficult to feel grateful to those who provided an opportunity for change.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 01:56:06 AM »
How have you concluded these folks destination? All I see is a bunch of people crowded onto a blowup raft in body of water. Without an explanation as to what is transpiring, we are left assuming things based on our individual biases. The photo is certainly open to interpretation. The obvious assumption is that they are refugees seeking a new home, but we don't really know this. Moreover, unless someone has information they've not posted, we have no idea what their destination is, much less what they their expectations are.

There is the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words." But the words do not always accurately describe what the picture implies, so those thousand words may be meaningless.

One might rightfully hope that by providing asylum to refugees we improve their lives. In many cases we are. To think that every immigrant, whether legal or not, after upending a life they abhorred will happily acclimate to new circumstances is naive. They've left everything and everyone they've known for "pie in the sky." A transition such as this is often overwhelming. We all like to believe people should be thankful for charity. Sometimes when things don't turn out as expected, it is difficult to feel grateful to those who provided an opportunity for change.

I'm speaking in a general sense based on recent activity in the Mediterranean and the English Channel, that particular photo, relevant or not is not untypical of what goes on regularly. The fate of those particular individuals is of no concern to me whatsoever, they represent a bigger problem.

I don't know where you are situated, but Europe, particularly the UK/Eire isn't capable, in terms of landmass, population and infrastructure to absorb and handle an unmitigated number of immigrants. Therein lies the issue.

The plight of a continent(Africa) is not resolved by all and sundry getting up and moving en masse. You are simply firefighting (and poorly at that) and not addressing the true issues.

Africa is due to have another population explosion and if you think they're suffering now, give it another 50 years.

If Africans want to prosper in the long-term, they need to become truly self-sufficient.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 02:24:25 AM »
Hey this was just a simple 'caption this pic' thread.....don't make this so complicated, dudes.  >:(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 02:24:59 AM »
Doctors of peace.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 02:30:05 AM »
Choo choo train is riding, all aboard !
Riding on a train
Think of you again
Your love has got me high
High
High

Riding on a Train -The Pasadenas

becomes:

Blob blob rubber boat is floating, all aboard !
Floating on a boat
Think of money again
Your welfare has got me high
High
High

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 02:55:07 AM »
I'm speaking in a general sense based on recent activity in the Mediterranean and the English Channel, that particular photo, relevant or not is not untypical of what goes on regularly. The fate of those particular individuals is of no concern to me whatsoever, they represent a bigger problem.

I don't know where you are situated, but Europe, particularly the UK/Eire isn't capable, in terms of landmass, population and infrastructure to absorb and handle an unmitigated number of immigrants. Therein lies the issue.

The plight of a continent(Africa) is not resolved by all and sundry getting up and moving en masse. You are simply firefighting (and poorly at that) and not addressing the true issues.

Africa is due to have another population explosion and if you think they're suffering now, give it another 50 years.

If Africans want to prosper in the long-term, they need to become truly self-sufficient.

I live in the U.S. and I have family in Europe. I guess you could say I am international by association.

You are completely right in that the world does not have the resources to provide for the current population. Humans are headed for major disasters and perhaps extinction. All that we are experiencing presently can be linked to over-population. Why nitpick over who is immigrating wherever they can in search of a better life. In a global sense, we are likely to end up annihilating ourselves sooner rather than later.

To say that a large portion of the world's population needs to become self-sufficient is wishful thinking because it is not going to happen. Probably not in my lifetime, but not too long into the future we may find ourselves reduced to all manner of atrocities in our efforts to continue to exist. We like to believe the fittest will survive, but I am not sure even they will manage this.

All one needs to do is to look at nature. Rodents have a history of overpopulating. Do you know how the rodent population controls itself? When their environment becomes too overcrowded, they cannibalize one another. This is not a pleasant way to keep population under control. In the 60's I read an article which suggested we humans would become like rodents, eating one another for survival. Seems a bit far-fetched until you realize that human cannibalism has a long history and not just among primitive peoples. Have you ever read or heard about the Donner Party? They were a group of pioneers who resorted to cannibalism when trapped in the Sierra Nevada. About half of them survived by eating those who had died.

These are things no one wants to think about. Instead we engage in distractions like folks migrating from one impoverished wasteland to somewhere where they imagine life will be better, but often isn't. Or which currency we will use to become hopefully more stable financially. It's a grim picture which hopefully I will not experience in my few remaining years.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 02:59:37 AM »
Hey this was just a simple 'caption this pic' thread.....don't make this so complicated, dudes.  >:(

You're right. Sorry for injecting some reality to the photo instead of just coming up with a catchy caption. How about "There but for the grace of God, go I" ?

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 05:17:19 AM »
Zulu Nation riding the Penis of Peace

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 05:26:29 AM »

"I don't think they coomin' back for us."

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 05:34:43 AM »

"Looks like we will be having dark meat, boys".

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 05:39:07 AM »

Waiting for the Perfect Surf....