Author Topic: Goldberg squashes Brock...  (Read 5606 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Goldberg squashes Brock...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:06:50 AM »

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/goldberg-returns-at-survivor-series-destroys-brock-lesnar-in-less-than-3-minutes-new-video.39125.html
I was actually at this event and yes, he crushed him in 30 seconds. My guess was that they wanted to keep it short and sweet. Goldberg hasn't wrestled in 12 years and was clumsy on Raw a few times slipping, lacking proper stamina and conditioning, etc.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:44:10 PM »
I wonder how much they paid Brock to take that dive.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:46:06 PM »
What was the crowd's overall reaction?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 04:44:26 PM »
I was actually at this event and yes, he crushed him in 30 seconds. My guess was that they wanted to keep it short and sweet. Goldberg hasn't wrestled in 12 years and was clumsy on Raw a few times slipping, lacking proper stamina and conditioning, etc.

But why?  Lesnar's been built up to be unstoppable.

What was the point?
Y

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »
All just a build up for a Wrestlemania Brock vs Goldberg III match.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 02:48:34 AM »
All just a build up for a Wrestlemania Brock vs Goldberg III match.

It may be hard to sell a 30-second match to fans - at least, that will be the last encounter people remember.
They'd better assemble a strong supporting card.

There are rumors Hogan may return at (or around) Mania. Some within the industry suspect it will happen; Bruce Prichard has even gone on record saying just as much.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 10:41:56 AM »
What was the crowd's overall reaction?
There was more of a stunned reaction and some minor booing but IMO, I believe they are setting up something to happen at RR where Brock does something crazy like go after his family and or severely beat up Goldberg setting up a WM match to settle it all.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 03:36:35 PM »
I was pretty surprised it was all over so quick.  If they had plans for a 3rd match though, I don't get why they'd give Goldberg the squash win, putting him 2-0?  Let Brock get the win here, lord it over Goldberg running through to the Rumble and then have Goldberg interfere to cost Brock either the Rumble win or a title match.  Then you've got a legitimate storyline beef and a 1-1 record between them to be fought over in the 3rd match.  Goldberg gets the big win at WM and retires on the biggest stage.

As it stands, are they really going to make Brock go 3-0 to a 12-year absent Goldberg?  But if Brock wins at WM, then he's still 2-1 down in the record books.  I just feel like there's not as much at stake with a 3rd match now.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 01:32:44 PM »
I was pretty surprised it was all over so quick.  If they had plans for a 3rd match though, I don't get why they'd give Goldberg the squash win, putting him 2-0?  Let Brock get the win here, lord it over Goldberg running through to the Rumble and then have Goldberg interfere to cost Brock either the Rumble win or a title match.  Then you've got a legitimate storyline beef and a 1-1 record between them to be fought over in the 3rd match.  Goldberg gets the big win at WM and retires on the biggest stage.

As it stands, are they really going to make Brock go 3-0 to a 12-year absent Goldberg?  But if Brock wins at WM, then he's still 2-1 down in the record books.  I just feel like there's not as much at stake with a 3rd match now.

I blame it all on the booking. Poor booking all round.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »
Pretty stupid.  Brock must have done something to piss off Vince.

They built Brock up to be a monster and then someone that hasn't had a match in 12 years dominates him and wins in a minute?   Fuck that.  That is as realistic as dumb ass Shane coming back and immediately getting a match with UT and being viewed as possibly pulling off a win.