Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Sports Discussion Boards
Epic A.L. East Race
(1/2) > >>
tom joad:
4 teams within 4 games of each other with 20 to play!

(so much more fun with the Yankees right there in the thick of it.)

Grape Ape:
I am pissed Toronto didn't sweep Boston.
tom joad:
maybe the Yankees should've kept Miller?
Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: tom joad on September 11, 2016, 06:57:03 PM ---maybe the Yankees should've kept Miller?

--- End quote ---

So, it's an interesting thought, as nobody that was acquired for Miller, Chapman OR Beltran is being used at the ML level.  The youth movement is more of getting the kids they had AB's at the expense of ARod, Beltran, McCann and Teixeira.

That lineup with the best bullpen in baseball would certainly be better positioned for a playoff run.

But I wouldn't undo it.  They're overperforming and actually fun to watch now.  The tired meme of them being old and expensive is no more, and over the course of the week, they made their farm system jump from the middle of the pack to the 2nd best in the sport.

Stay on the path with the youth, then spend a billion on Harper, Machado, or Fernandez.   Or all of them.
tom joad:

--- Quote from: Grape Ape on September 11, 2016, 07:05:56 PM ---So, it's an interesting thought, as nobody that was acquired for Miller, Chapman OR Beltran is being used at the ML level.  The youth movement is more of getting the kids they had AB's at the expense of ARod, Beltran, McCann and Teixeira.

That lineup with the best bullpen in baseball would certainly be better positioned for a playoff run.

But I wouldn't undo it.  They're overperforming and actually fun to watch now.  The tired meme of them being old and expensive is no more, and over the course of the week, they made their farm system jump from the middle of the pack to the 2nd best in the sport.

Stay on the path with the youth, then spend a billion on Harper, Machado, or Fernandez.   Or all of them.

--- End quote ---

i'm okay with that...as long as Trout never dons Yankee pinstripes.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version