Author Topic: Good acoustic guitar for beginners  (Read 2934 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Good acoustic guitar for beginners
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 01:37:24 PM »
I have 2 of these.  One for the guitar and bass I play...poorly.

I have the acooustic FG700S by Yamaha.  Sounds decent, the action could be a little better...but great for $200.  I picked it up on Craigsrisk for $110.  
The funny thing about expensive instruments is so few will really benefit from great pick ups, etc.  Buying gear is the easiest thing to do in music, playing well and consistently improving is the challenge.

I have about 8 snarks.  theyre everywhere.  I usually keep a spare on all my mic stands.  they last 80 hours but always get left on while playing.

I HATE buying gear.  I have a sweet parker fly for guitar gigs, a takamine dreadnaught for solos/duos, and a musicman bass for bass work.  I bought them all 5+ years ago and only use them at shows.  outside of that, i have a few cheap backups, but am totally not a gear head.  I use a 1x10 bass combo now, leaving the monster 4x10 in the garage.  I run guitar direct, skipping the amp most nights.  the older I get, the nicer it is to pack up quick at 2am.  

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 02:39:17 PM »
Could pick up a Martin 100% solid wood for about $500 used. Sold 1 a couple years back, forget the model number.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 04:06:33 PM »
Seagull (subsidiary of Godin Guitars) make a very good product for the price.  You won't find a better value solid top acoustic on the market.  Made in Canada too (as opposed to Mexico or some other dirt country), so that's a bonus.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 04:12:08 PM »
Could pick up a Martin 100% solid wood for about $500 used. Sold 1 a couple years back, forget the model number.

Really, a full size?  Was it stolen or a Martin knockoff?  I've nvr seen a full size Martin in good condition sell for that cheap.