Author Topic: Dorian owning Dillett.  (Read 9836 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Dorian owning Dillett.
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2006, 09:17:24 PM »
Lets see...

Dorian Yates, SIX-TIME MR. OLYMPIA  'vs' Paul Dillet, winner of zero pro events.

And Yates is owning Dillet? zzzzzzzzzz

Nice pic though :)
a

growth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 01:47:26 AM »
Get your facts straight, Paul won at least two pro events that I can remember, a Euro Grand Prix and the NOC.

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 04:39:53 AM »
kinda hard to "control" shit you don't have . . .

ahh.. good one...   Dillet did seem to have an enormous back with not much to show for it.  NO detail, just a massive amount of ....well,  mass.  That freakishly distended rear deltoid looks like it is going to explode. 

I vote for Dillet to be number 2 for ( a slightly ) synthol-enhanced physique at the Olympia- right behind Wheeler.  Unlike Wheeler- Synthol did almost nothing for him- it just brought out the fact even more that his back was nothing compared to everyone else's. 

It is strange that Dillet, from the front, overwhelmed almost everyone in terms of muscle mass, shape and definition but his lack of back detail always caused him to slip from first/second to fifth. 

Dorian's torn quad, torn bicep, oddly shaped pecs and other various ailments, never seemed to cause him to lose any points with the judges- everyone always said " well, even beat up,torn, battered and bruised,  Dorian's muscle were far better than anyone else's".   

Seems to be absurd yet there it is. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 09:20:47 AM »
Get your facts straight, Paul won at least two pro events that I can remember, a Euro Grand Prix and the NOC.

Good catch G. I sort of thought he won a NOC, I don't remember the Grand Prix at all, but I was looking at results and I couldn't find anything that he won. Anyhoo... I think Dorian beat Paul in most shots except the , 'Sergio' arms-over-head shot.

-Tom
a

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 09:22:35 AM »
acutally, paul won the NOC and a few grand prix shows (maybe it was just 1).

if only he had a back and learned how to pose.....
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 10:05:55 AM »
Dillett was an enigma in bodybuilding.  Standing in a rest pose, he looked like Mr O.  Get him on stage and I've seen novices do better posing.  IMO one of the best physics to never win the big one.  Now if he trained as hard as he partied, well than.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 12:59:20 PM »
keep in mind that Dillett is not flexing fully in that pose.
like the rock says, "it doesnt matter"   dillett never had a chance with yates though yates did say if dillett had his shit together he could have problems with him.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 01:03:12 PM »
I do think if dillet brought the complete package he may have taken yates.
bodybuildersreality.com

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 01:19:11 PM »
Paul winning the 1999 NOC (peak of his career IMO):

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »
Wasnt that a highly controversial? And didnt he get boo'd to holy hell and didnt he even say "fuck New York"? I've seen better pictures of Dillet.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 01:37:51 PM »
ahh.. good one...   Dillet did seem to have an enormous back with not much to show for it.  NO detail, just a massive amount of ....well,  mass.  That freakishly distended rear deltoid looks like it is going to explode. 

Dillett was massive . . . his back was not. Decently big upper lats-no lower lats, no middle back, no erectors. the guy on his right has a massive back. 

HTH.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 01:45:20 PM »
At the 1994 Engligh GP, Paul's individual routine was probably literally one minute long, if that.   ::)

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 01:47:26 PM »
Dillett was massive . . . his back was not. Decently big upper lats-no lower lats, no middle back, no erectors. the guy on his right has a massive back. 

HTH.

No argument here.  We both think along the same lines with regards to Dillet.  Yates certainly had him beat in the back development.  Without taking anything away from his wins, or having anyone infer that Yates wasn't a great bodybuilder- Yates did have an odd physique- strangely shaped pecs- weird shape to his thighs, even prior to the quad tear, shortish biceps-  bizarre arrangement of his abdominals.  Having said all that, and I probably left out a couple things, he had mass on top of mass, everything was developed to the maximum possible and this apparently was more than enough for the judges.