Author Topic: Average IQ in Mexico  (Read 11406 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: Average IQ in Mexico
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2016, 06:10:48 PM »
There is a household name and standard implementation for determining one's IQ.

Just because you don't know it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  :-\ :-\

So what is it?  If it's a 'household name' then I'm sure most here will be familiar?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »
I've read IQ tests are not a good indicator of intelligence, since they only measure logical thinking. And that other "types" of intelligence like social intelligence, musical intelligence, etc can't be measured.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2016, 06:28:12 PM »
So what is it?  If it's a 'household name' then I'm sure most here will be familiar?

haha lol. Why would most here be familiar with it, unless you do assessment or diagnostic testing?  ??? ???

Its the most popular used test to determine one's IQ and is the most used for psychological/educational testing purposes among psychologists, psychiatrists, school psychologists, etc. It has the greatest reliability and validity and is currently the number one IQ assessment measure.

Again, just because it is not know within the getbig circle, it doesn't mean it does not exist. As if, getbig is the end-all, be-all haha lol

You can do your own research to find out. Just google it.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2016, 06:32:24 PM »
I've read IQ tests are not a good indicator of intelligence, since they only measure logical thinking. And that other "types" of intelligence like social intelligence, musical intelligence, etc can't be measured.

You're referring to Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences

You are correct, there are many different types of intelligence. However, there is an EXTREMELY high correlation between IQ score and specific jobs (neurosurgeon, nuclear physicist). Whether you like it or not, IQ does highly determine what type of job you will have. Not everyone can be a world learning neurosurgeon (brain surgeon). It's just the way it is. In that sense, they ARE a good indicator in determining academic-based intelligence/jobs. Of course they can't predict who will be the next Michael Jordan.

Of course, they don't measure musical or artistic ability; however, they never stated that they measure these things and do not purport to. They don't make claims about someone's musical or artistic ability, and they never stated that was their intention.

X

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »

You are correct, there are many different types of intelligence. However, there is an EXTREMELY high correlation between IQ score and specific jobs (neurosurgeon, nuclear physicist). Whether you like it or not, IQ does highly determine what type of job you will have. Not everyone can be a world learning neurosurgeon (brain surgeon). It's just the way it is. In that sense, they ARE a good indicator in determining academic-based intelligence.

Of course, they don't measure musical or artistic ability; however, they never stated that they measure these things and do not purport to.

Pretty cool explanation broskie, as always. Thank you.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »
Pretty cool explanation broskie, as always. Thank you.

No problem. :D :D
X

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »
haha lol. Why would most here be familiar with it, unless you do assessment or diagnostic testing?  ??? ???

Its the most popular used test to determine one's IQ and is the most used for psychological/educational testing purposes among psychologists, psychiatrists, school psychologists, etc. It has the greatest reliability and validity and is currently the number one IQ assessment measure.

Again, just because it is not know within the getbig circle, it doesn't mean it does not exist. As if, getbig is the end-all, be-all haha lol

You can do your own research to find out. Just google it.

Do you know what a 'household name' is?  ???

The point is that virtually everyone has discussed an iq test at some point (probably many) in their life.  How many people have actually taken one?

Isn't it a little odd?  Blood tests, school tests, driving tests, fitness tests, we've all taken them... Why haven't we all taken an iq test?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2016, 08:13:52 PM »
Are you for real? Every one of your threads is about race and I can see right through people like you. Typical shitty life loser.

Just read any of my posts, trust me your IQ nor intelligence or success is even close to my level. Moreover, I havr provided proof of this after my last argument with another resident racist loser Irish Dave - just ask BigMC.
Dropping too many names........

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »
Isn't it a little odd?  Blood tests, school tests, driving tests, fitness tests, we've all taken them... Why haven't we all taken an iq test?

Once upon a time all public school children took IQ tests. It was mandatory, in the 4th, 8th, and 12th grades. Political pressure was put on public schools to get rid of IQ testing, as blacks and hispanics scored regularly at subhuman levels. Critics claimed that IQ test discriminated against certain persons. Laughable, because all tests, not just IQ tests, are designed to discriminate against those who are too stupid to pass them!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »
Do you know what a 'household name' is?  ???

The point is that virtually everyone has discussed an iq test at some point (probably many) in their life.  How many people have actually taken one?

Isn't it a little odd?  Blood tests, school tests, driving tests, fitness tests, we've all taken them... Why haven't we all taken an iq test?
As someone already stated earlier, IQ tests are flawed. Common sense, street smarts, charisma, and work ethic are far more important.

I was an honors student in most of my classes in high school, however, I was terrible at advanced levels in math. I personally never grasped the need for it in real life (for me) so I zoned out. I was never going to be a rocket scientist anyway  ;)

Upper levels of math are literally useless for the average person. It's like being an athlete for nerds.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2016, 09:14:44 PM »
Do you know what a 'household name' is?  ???

The point is that virtually everyone has discussed an iq test at some point (probably many) in their life.  How many people have actually taken one?

Isn't it a little odd?  Blood tests, school tests, driving tests, fitness tests, we've all taken them... Why haven't we all taken an iq test?

I mean, why is it even a question? Its obvious why. It's not a necessity like a blood test is. Most people make it just fine through life without taking an IQ test. Most people don't make it fine through life without getting blood drawn to assess their health. Why is any other reason needed? Any logical person could figure out why you would need a blood test, but not an IQ test.  :-\ :-\

As a side not: IQ tests are NOT flawed. They measure what they measure. As such, they have adequate reliability and validity in terms of the constructs they measure. In that sense, they are NOT flawed. They would be considered flawed if they purported to measure construct X, but did not have adequate reliability or validity to measure X construct.

Just as a I said to El Numero Uno: They are a strong predictor regarding later occupation. Obvious, they don't tell the whole story. Nonetheless, there is a high  correlation between IQ testing and job obtainment.
X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »
Pretty impressive critical thinking skills by this dog

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »
Pretty impressive critical thinking skills by this dog.

Most Africans would never have figured that out.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2016, 12:33:26 AM »
I mean, why is it even a question? Its obvious why. It's not a necessity like a blood test is. Most people make it just fine through life without taking an IQ test. Most people don't make it fine through life without getting blood drawn to assess their health. Why is any other reason needed? Any logical person could figure out why you would need a blood test, but not an IQ test.  :-\ :-\

A blood test is necessary?  For what?  "Assessing health"?  So only those born in the last century were capable of "assessing their health". ???

And since when did necessity determine popularity?  I would think tons of people would be curious to learn their IQ, or "measure their intelligence" in other words, just as they like to measure their height, weight, etc.  I would think you could purchase and take an IQ test at any street corner.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2016, 12:35:47 AM »
As someone already stated earlier, IQ tests are flawed. Common sense, street smarts, charisma, and work ethic are far more important.

I was an honors student in most of my classes in high school, however, I was terrible at advanced levels in math. I personally never grasped the need for it in real life (for me) so I zoned out. I was never going to be a rocket scientist anyway  ;)

Upper levels of math are literally useless for the average person. It's like being an athlete for nerds.

Only the people too dumb to understand high school math think being an "honors student" is a good credential for this story.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2016, 01:23:32 AM »

You are correct, there are many different types of intelligence. However, there is an EXTREMELY high correlation between IQ score and specific jobs (neurosurgeon, nuclear physicist). Whether you like it or not, IQ does highly determine what type of job you will have. Not everyone can be a world learning neurosurgeon (brain surgeon). It's just the way it is. In that sense, they ARE a good indicator in determining academic-based intelligence/jobs. Of course they can't predict who will be the next Michael Jordan.

Of course, they don't measure musical or artistic ability; however, they never stated that they measure these things and do not purport to. They don't make claims about someone's musical or artistic ability, and they never stated that was their intention.

Although it should be noted that there seems to be correlation between mathematical intelligence and musical ability.

Geniuses probably get caught in IQ test, no matter the area they are good at. Excluding obviously sports.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2016, 02:14:47 AM »
Once upon a time all public school children took IQ tests. It was mandatory, in the 4th, 8th, and 12th grades. Political pressure was put on public schools to get rid of IQ testing, as blacks and hispanics scored regularly at subhuman levels. Critics claimed that IQ test discriminated against certain persons. Laughable, because all tests, not just IQ tests, are designed to discriminate against those who are too stupid to pass them!

That's cause as a whole they are a bunch of dumbasses and inferior  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2016, 07:24:45 AM »
A blood test is necessary?  For what?  "Assessing health"?  So only those born in the last century were capable of "assessing their health". ???

And since when did necessity determine popularity?  I would think tons of people would be curious to learn their IQ, or "measure their intelligence" in other words, just as they like to measure their height, weight, etc.  I would think you could purchase and take an IQ test at any street corner.

Nope, but we learn a lot more and determined that regular blood tests are a very good way of assessing health and possibly catching diseases/disorders. For instance, I know someone who caught an early tumor because something on their blood test was raised. He probably would not have known otherwise. Early screenings and blood tests have saved lives, compared to 100 years ago. So, yes, we are better at assessing our health these days and it is more needed than an IQ test.

Necessity always seems to determine popularity in our culture.
X

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »

I remember how Che Guevara "became a racist" when he was instructing fellow communist guerrillas in Africa.
He said it was impossible to teach the locals to operate machine gun efficiently.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2016, 09:54:59 AM »

Although it should be noted that there seems to be correlation between mathematical intelligence and musical ability.

Geniuses probably get caught in IQ test, no matter the area they are good at. Excluding obviously sports.

Do you have evidence for this? I'm curious.

The reason why people have such a difficult time believing the strong connection between IQ and job status, is because we have falsely been led to believe that "anything is possible." It's just not the case. We are determined, to an extent, by our biology and our environment. When Mr. Smith looks down at his son and says, "You can do anything you put your mind to," we know that dad is not telling his son the truth (either he is just trying to boost his self-esteem or actually thinks anything is possible). People do not want to believe  that something predetermined, like IQ, which is sort of out of your control, can have such an impact on your life. It does. This is why IQ rarely varies within a maybe 5-7 point range. Take an IQ test at 20, and your IQ will be roughly the same in 10, 20, or 30 years later.
X

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2016, 10:02:21 AM »
Do you have evidence for this? I'm curious.

Music is almost like math.
They are closely related.
©

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »

Hmmm, interesting!
X

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »

And that kid is great a calculus too! Not really.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2016, 10:48:31 AM »
Scientific racism thread of peas!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2016, 11:23:42 AM »
Nope, but we learn a lot more and determined that regular blood tests are a very good way of assessing health and possibly catching diseases/disorders. For instance, I know someone who caught an early tumor because something on their blood test was raised. He probably would not have known otherwise. Early screenings and blood tests have saved lives, compared to 100 years ago. So, yes, we are better at assessing our health these days and it is more needed than an IQ test.

Necessity always seems to determine popularity in our culture.

Interesting definition of 'necessary'.

I guess the Kardashians fit into it somehow, as well.