Author Topic: Vegetarianism  (Read 8191 times)

Simple Simon

Vegetarianism
« on: September 30, 2016, 07:15:20 AM »
Spoke to a guy i know who has been vegetarian for around a year, his training is on its arse and hes declining rapidly.
Hes eating 8 meals a day to try and take in enough protein.

Seriously, whats wrong with people who want to make life so difficult for themselves.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
Re: Vegetarianism
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:20:40 AM »
Maybe the wrong diet.
I have been vegetarian for like 6 months where I had the most gains also.
Although I got to admit my diet consisted of maybe 75-80% oatmeal.

©

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 07:20:54 AM »
A close friend of mine was a vegetarian for 7 years, 4 of which she was vegan.
She now eats meat except pork, and the reason she stopped being vegan was because she decided she wanted to compete and couldn't get in competition shape without meat/fish/eggs.
She told me she even notices how it affected her mood and hormones. When she was vegan she, admittedly, said she was a bitch to most people and had a short fuse. Now she's a whole different person.
I'm sure there are some that do well on vegetarian/vegan diets, but just like people who can't handle Keto or a high carb diet, there are some that just can't handle veganism.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:21:35 AM »
Maybe the wrong diet.
I have been vegetarian for like 6 months where I had the most gains also.
Although I got to admit my diet consisted of maybe 75-80% oatmeal and 30 rolls of bog roll a week

fixed

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »
©

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 07:29:05 AM »
Spoke to a guy i know who has been vegetarian for around a year, his training is on its arse and hes declining rapidly.

Seriously, whats wrong with people who want to make life so difficult for themselves.

Here you go making dumb threads again, you can get all the protein you need as a vegetarian, did you know that rice and beans is a complete protein meal, quinoa grain is a good source of protein, hemp protein is a very good protein for lifting and I could go on and on.

You are one of those dumb bodybuilders who think excessive protein is necessary, the only time you should be eating excessive protein is if you are on very low carbs.

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 07:39:29 AM »
Here you go making dumb threads again, you can get all the protein you need as a vegetarian, did you know that rice and beans is a complete protein meal, quinoa grain is a good source of protein, hemp protein is a very good protein for lifting and I could go on and on.

You are one of those dumb bodybuilders who think excessive protein is necessary, the only time you should be eating excessive protein is if you are on very low carbs.
I eat around 100gms protein a day and Im 225 at 11%

Its the eating 8 times a day I had the issue with.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 07:58:25 AM »
This guy never ate a piece of meat his entire life, looks like he's doing ok, parents raised him vegan since birth, managed to make so decent gains and attained a pro card.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 08:01:01 AM »
This guy never ate a piece of meat his entire life, looks like he's doing ok, parents raised him vegan since birth, managed to make so decent gains and attained a pro card.

Not always a good idea....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/italian-baby-fed-vegan-diet-hospitalized-for-malnutrition/

Breast milk is very important in early stages of a baby's development. Vegan diets are horrible for babies. Its different for adults or even children, but babies shouldn't be deprived of breast milk.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:29 AM »
Not always a good idea....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/italian-baby-fed-vegan-diet-hospitalized-for-malnutrition/

Breast milk is very important in early stages of a baby's development. Vegan diets are horrible for babies. Its different for adults or even children, but babies shouldn't be deprived of breast milk.
Not sure if he was breast fed or not, but i assume vegan women can still produce breast milk broski..

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
Not sure if he was breast fed or not, but i assume vegan women can still produce breast milk broski..

Milk =/= vegan. That includes human milk, broski..

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »

Highest calves I have EVER seen, bar none!
T

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 08:38:27 AM »

he has an amazing upper body, but in all honesty, he looks lopsided with those legs and the first thing I think is "lazy"

also the anabolic salads have to be factored in
"

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 08:40:40 AM »
    I don't endorse going full vegetarian, but i have been eating a lot less meat than i used to, and changing it by vegan foods. I feel like it's a wise choice after a certain age.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »

define meat ...cause he looks like he's fond of the cock

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 09:08:10 AM »
great upper body but looks like he's walking on stilts  :-\

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 10:52:16 AM »
fucking hippies..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
vegetarians are hypocrites for not eating meat but still eating animal products

why are people vegan?  simple some people actually care about things other than themselves, it's sickening the way farm animals are treated

it's healthier too, the number 1 killer of humans is heart disease and stroke, what do you think causes this?

E
E

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 11:05:02 AM »
it's healthier too, the number 1 killer of humans is heart disease and stroke, what do you think causes this?

Heart Disease and Strokes are caused by High Homocysteine Levels, caused by eating carbohydrates.

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »

why are people vegan?  simple some people actually care about things other than themselves, it's sickening the way farm animals are treated

E

stress....
and a major cause of stress is trying to find a restaurant that caters for vegans.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 11:12:03 AM »
In principle it's great. It depends on how good the quality of your veggies is though.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 11:13:22 AM »

why are people vegan?  simple some people actually care about things other than themselves, it's sickening the way farm animals are treated

E

generally obesity, bad diets, drugs, smoking, and unhealthy sedintary living...

correlation does not mean causation. This is a common denominator and misstake that unintelligent people make. The correlation in some of these "studies" are flawed in that of vegan diets are compared to people in a group that includes a big group of people with hotdog and pizza "diets".

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »
stress....
and a major cause of stress is trying to find a restaurant that caters for vegans.

LOL!
©

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 11:20:44 AM »
I really like mushroom burgers...

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »

If he incorporated Levrone Signature Series LevroISOWhey Premier Quality Whey Protein Isolate into his busy day, he would absolutely no doubt be experiencing explosive gains in quality lean muscle mass.