Author Topic: Did Steeve Reeves pose for COLT?  (Read 10337 times)

Bast175

Re: Did Steeve Reeves pose for COLT?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 12:41:59 PM »
baby dick

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 12:47:24 PM »
Why does he look smaller during his hercules years?
just push some weight!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 12:53:21 PM »
Maybe the movie-productioncompany didn't want Hercules to be as big as Reeves in his competitionform?

To reach out to a bigger audience maybe.

For Herc, maybe the wanted him big, but not THAT big. No idea though.
Q

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »
Maybe the movie-productioncompany didn't want Hercules to be as big as Reeves in his competitionform?

To reach out to a bigger audience maybe.

For Herc, maybe the wanted him big, but not THAT big. No idea though.

No. He got offered leading parts which he refused because he wanted to keep his size.
just push some weight!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 12:57:09 PM »

joseph e levine told him what to do

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »
joseph e levine told him what to do

Who's that?
just push some weight!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 01:01:16 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 01:08:17 PM »
Joseph E Levine

Self-proclaimed movie mogul who entered the film business as an exhibitor, specializing in importing foreign films. Alongside classics such as "Rome, Open City" (1945) and "The Bicycle Thief" (1948), Levine imported cheaply made entertainments such as "Godzilla" (1956) and "Hercules" (1959), a major commercial success which thrust him into the Hollywood big time.

He then moved into production and had a significant hand in some major films of the 1960s including "8 1/2" (1963) and "The Graduate" (1967)....
Q

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 01:13:25 PM »
Who?    :o
Alex P. Keaton`s brother in law.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 01:43:28 PM »

Because they wanted him to drop weight for the films , when he competed he was 215lbs , when he made the films he was I believe just under 200lbs .

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 01:51:02 PM »
Because they wanted him to drop weight for the films , when he competed he was 215lbs , when he made the films he was I believe just under 200lbs .

As i assumed then.
Q

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2006, 02:12:51 PM »
Interesting to note that Levine had nothing to do with the original Steve Reeve Hercules picture but he "bought the rights" (?) and introduced it to the American public.

I do recall seeing Reeves at his competitive best in a movie called "ATHENA", an MGM production. I had him autograph a copy I had of that movie when I had the opportunity to show him and his fiance around Hawaii one weekend a while back.

I also ran into Reeves when he was still a kid when we all spent the summer months at Rio Nido on the Russian River about 70 miles north of the SF Bay Area and I do recall a newspaper article that was written about him in which they interview his mom who claimed among other things that her son never had a cold nor a cavity.

Steve was one hell of an impressive kid back then and got a lot of attention even though he appeared to want to avoid it at any cost.

I have a good friend in LV who used to train with Steve in those old days and he has a scrapbook of old Reeves photos that have never been published before including a load of casual shots taken inside and outside of Yarick's Gym in Oakland, California. Next time I see him I'll ask him if he would care to post them on this Board.

I doubt that he ever posed for Colt.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2006, 02:16:23 PM »
Interesting to note that Levine had nothing to do with the original Steve Reeve Hercules picture but he "bought the rights" (?) and introduced it to the American public.

I do recall seeing Reeves at his competitive best in a movie called "ATHENA", an MGM production. I had him autograph a copy I had of that movie when I had the opportunity to show him and his fiance around Hawaii one weekend a while back.

I also ran into Reeves when he was still a kid when we all spent the summer months at Rio Nido on the Russian River about 70 miles north of the SF Bay Area and I do recall a newspaper article that was written about him in which they interview his mom who claimed among other things that her son never had a cold nor a cavity.

Steve was one hell of an impressive kid back then and got a lot of attention even though he appeared to want to avoid it at any cost.

I have a good friend in LV who used to train with Steve in those old days and he has a scrapbook of old Reeves photos that have never been published before including a load of casual shots taken inside and outside of Yarick's Gym in Oakland, California. Next time I see him I'll ask him if he would care to post them on this Board.

How old are you? ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »

his mother's memory?  LOL

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2006, 03:38:14 PM »
What cracks me up is how some here crack on one of the most perfect physiques in the history of bodybuilding. I guess this smae crowd would think any great in the history of anything is no big deal because it has already been done, etc.
By this logic, why not erase a guys name from a sports hall of fame if his record gets broken.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2006, 03:40:18 PM »
What cracks me up is how some here crack on one of the most perfect physiques in the history of bodybuilding. I guess this smae crowd would think any great in the history of anything is no big deal because it has already been done, etc.
By this logic, why not erase a guys name from a sports hall of fame if his record gets broken.
Howard

The arrogance of humanity ensures that presentism joins ethnocentrism as one of mankind's chief biases.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2006, 04:03:43 PM »
The Paul Stone / Raymor pics of Reeves are from 1947.    Reeves' movie career is the late 1950s to early 1960s.  Jim French (Colt) began his career in the late 1970s.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2006, 05:24:27 PM »

I don't dig the ancient greek/roman poses but Steve Reeves looked about as close to the greek/roman idea of perfection as a man possibly could.
The House that Ruth built

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2006, 05:27:10 PM »
I don't dig the ancient greek/roman poses but Steve Reeves looked about as close to the greek/roman idea of perfection as a man possibly could.
but men dont pose like that only girlie men do

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2006, 01:40:15 AM »
Howard

I can't speak for anybody else but I just found that particular pose to be horrible.

Doesn't matter whether he's big, he looked somalian in the middle and thats never attractive. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2006, 02:39:43 AM »
Thank Allah for steroids

makes sense...

i blame all the beheadings on roid rage  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2006, 08:39:13 AM »
that's got to be the queerest thing i've seen in a while

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »
Lots of old time bodybuilders posed in these classical poses, from

Sandow

to Atlas

to Scott

to Arnold

(Edited for your protection!)

Check www.classicbodybuilders.com and you'll see that many bodybuilders posed for these types pictures.  I'm sure it helped pay the bills for these competitors who got little award money for winning contests back then (and prior to big money endorsement deals).  It's got to be better than the gay-for-pay stuff that some bodybuilders do today.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »
Lots of old time bodybuilders posed in these classical poses, from

Sandow

to Atlas

to Scott

to Arnold

(Edited for your protection!)

Check www.classicbodybuilders.com and you'll see that many bodybuilders posed for these types pictures.  I'm sure it helped pay the bills for these competitors who got little award money for winning contests back then (and prior to big money endorsement deals).  It's got to be better than the gay-for-pay stuff that some bodybuilders do today.
i'm not into perverted art but thanks