Author Topic: Competition Diet Snacks  (Read 9583 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Competition Diet Snacks
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 08:08:03 PM »
Is that why you date men only?
hahahaha
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 08:10:02 PM »

I have 3 shows this year but my main one will be the IFBB Women's World Championships in Spain. I am also toying with the idea of doing an NPC show in the US just for the hell of it...having not competed in the NPC before.

I really hope you decide too, if so please let me know (oh and you can pm me so to keep Bast out of it ;))
Jennifer

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 06:43:35 AM »
What are you getting ready for?  Will I see you somewhere this year?  Have a good last cheat meal for all of us already going through it!!!

I am getting ready for the Jr. USA in Figure. This will be my first national show so the nerves are unbelievable, placing in this one will determine what else happens this year. The last cheat meal was angel food cake w/ strawberries and fat free cool whip which was heavenly! Now it's down to 2wks and 5days... no more cheating but who cares at this point. Best of luck to all competitors, it defintely takes a special breed.  ;)
Patricia

Libillulidae

• Getbig I
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 08:12:12 AM »
I love to snack on sheets of nori (sheets of seaweed) 0 calories, or the teriyaki-flavored is less than 5 calories.  I also like to use Katsuo (dried bonito flakes) or soysauce as a seasoning on my food.  Pepperoccinis are also a yummy snack, and there's also fat-free cool whip!!  If you're sick of tuna, I've been loving my frozen tilapia fillets.  I have been eating them for nearly all my meals and I still love the flavor!  Tilapia contains lower levels of mercury & other contaminants.  I put on some dijon mustard, Mrs. Dash or soysauce and nuke it for about 2 minutes.  Even my co-workers are envious!!!  Good luck with your dieting, and hang in there!

Bast175

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 08:55:24 PM »
When I cheat and have a snack like ice cream or whatever (while dieting, which I started to  recently) it makes me feel even worse after because I want a lot more.  So when I cheat I eat junk all day. lol  I do that only every 4-5 weeks though.  Also early in my diet I don't get cravings because I eat a good variety of foods and my carbs are still moderate.

My first cheat day I'm gonna go to a chinese buffet!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »
Also some cheats I use are edenami(green peas) with a bit of the extra salt. And then yes beef jerky, assorted flavors, these I stop at 3 weeks out because of the extra salt,can cause havoc when you look in the mirror.

But then around week 2 you feel you NEED some kind of flour and I go and get a big diet bran muffin, that is very low in sugar and fructose and maltodexrtrin, I found a mom and pop store that makes them for diabetics and eat if before my evening workout, it gets the craving.