Author Topic: Mr. Olympia Germany - Most Stupid decision  (Read 5365 times)

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
Re: Mr. Olympia Germany - Most Stupid decision
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 12:59:38 PM »
Are they giving out a Sandow?
The Sandauzer

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 01:19:19 PM »
Maybe if they held the Olympia in a different city around the world every year like they used to in the good ol' days fans from around the world would have the chance some years to attend closer to home and the IFBB wouldn't have to dilute the title by having multiple contests. But ever since they decided to hole up in Las Vegas in 1998 (concordinate with the new reign of gut monsters, incidentally), most bodybuilding fans around the world aren't willing or able to make it to the big show, so this is what we get.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 01:31:09 PM »
NERDOL....... I can't argue with your above statement but ...... There does seem to be an abundance of foreigners here in LV who attend the Oly Expo and the contest itself.

Your idea may be sound and possibly practical but LV happens to be one of the major cities worldwide which foreigners want to visit  and it's relatively easy to get to.

And relatively less expensive also.

I am pretty damn ignorant on what and why this has  been happening but I think it would be best to hold Olympia Qualifiers worldwide without  using the Olympia titles .... which I have to assume is the way it's being done at present.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 10:32:06 PM »

Add an N on the end of Olympia and the problems gone.
There is only one Mr. O and the title name should stay that way.
Saying this... I don't think anyone will consider anyone other
than Heath Mr. O but it does water the name.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 11:37:38 AM »
What's the possibility of the Euro Oly winners appearing more worthy to carry that title than the US Oly winners?

It's pretty damn apparent (sorta) that Euro competitive bodybuilders do their best to stay somewhat more symmetrical (esthetic?).

Am I right or wrong or .... just plain stupid!?

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »
What's the possibility of the Euro Oly winners appearing more worthy to carry that title than the US Oly winners?

It's pretty damn apparent (sorta) that Euro competitive bodybuilders do their best to stay somewhat more symmetrical (esthetic?).

Am I right or wrong or .... just plain stupid!?

It probably has less to do with the bodybuilders themselves than how they tend to judge shows over there.

Although I would disagree with this statement. The only European guys at the Olympia this year were Lukas Osladil, William Bonac, and Nathan DeAsha. None of these is particularly symmetrical compared to guys like Phil, Dexter, and Shawn.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 03:11:34 PM »
Just call it the "SchmOelympia" and be done with it.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 05:39:22 PM »
Thns, NERDOL, I don't follow the Oly results too much any more so I was unaware as to whom and from what country was in this year's OLY.

Thanks for the update but I do believe that we will be seeing more esthetic physiques competing within the European countries soon.

That could possibly be one of the reasons why this present 'contention' exists, but I actually know nothing about it nor any animosity among the principals except for what I have been reading on this Board.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 02:39:00 AM »
RAJAKAPOOR, I know nothing about this particular situation but I do know the 'players' and I think you may have mistaken the names of those principally involved.

By the way ..... Jim has done a hell of a lot of good work for the NPC/IFBB and competitive bodybuilding in general,  but when you are at  the top of the 'heap' you do become an easy target  .... especially by those who know nothing about what he's done on behalf of all concerned.

Don't consider him to be the "bad guy". There will be others involved who may not be wearing the white hat and riding off into the sunset.

Thanks, Raj .... Stunt
No one is actually bad.people would do anything to protect their interest....Just dont do it on the Grave of bodybuilding.Yes if you keep fighting you will dig the grave of the sports in the end.FIFA had same problem among main players.Europeans wanted to run thier own world cup.its now Euro cup..problem solved everyone making money.ahhh i miss weider brothers.