Author Topic: ObamaCare trainwreck - double digit increases in 2017  (Read 9717 times)

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
Re: Obama administration confirms double-digit premium hikes
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2016, 05:09:15 AM »
Works for me since I am a healthy person.

LOL

IDIOT
Ψ

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2016, 05:50:48 AM »
LOL

IDIOT

He is basically saying he is okay with an inferior policy because his liberal president put it in place and it doesn't affect him.  By that reasoning, I don't give a fuck if poor unemployed people have insurance, since it doesn't affect me. There is no reason we should be providing them subsidiaries to cover their medical coverage.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: ObamaCare trainwreck - double digit increases in 2017
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »
ObamaCare architect Emanuel on rate hikes: ‘It’s not a big increase’ and you ‘can shop much faster’
Canada Free Press ^ | 10/126/16 | Robert Laurie
Posted on 10/26/2016, 12:47:45 PM by Sean_Anthony

Stop whining, cheapos.

As you probably know, Ezekiel Emanuel served as a health care policy adviser during Obama’s first term and was instrumental in the creation of ObamaCare. He’s also the creepy gentleman who thinks 75 is the proper age to die. As Obama’s “signature legislation” endures an easily-envisioned and oft-predicted implosion, Emanuel’s been making the rounds playing defense.

He wants to make sure you know a few things.

1. The massive rate hikes caused by the law are not that big. You’re just imagining things. Sure, you can rattle off a list of states where the increases are anywhere from 20% to 100%, but you’re really just nitpicking - probably because you’re cheap and don’t understand what a ridiculous value ObamaCare really is.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2016, 10:28:55 AM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »

If you want to get rid of Obamacare, first tell me exactly how it has negatively impacted you.  How has your life been made worse by Obamacare?

I agree with the conservative viewpoint that the government has no business forcing someone into some contract. It is unprecedented in its kind and many believe it's unconstitutional. Four members of the supreme court also agreed. This is just one of many changes that the liberals are doing to strengthen and empower the government while removing the liberty and say of the individual. I've already wasted several thousand on healthcare that I knew I never was going to use or capitalize on.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2016, 06:46:58 PM »
He is basically saying he is okay with an inferior policy because his liberal president put it in place and it doesn't affect him.  By that reasoning, I don't give a fuck if poor unemployed people have insurance, since it doesn't affect me. There is no reason we should be providing them subsidiaries to cover their medical coverage.

If I genuinely feel this way, does it make me a bad person?
I cant imagine those people would give a shit about my problems if they were offered a few grand a year to turn their heads at my struggles.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »

Obamacare is numbers 11, 13, and 15.  The double digit increases is in 15. Private plans that must now meet the ACA mandates is 16.

We already have nationalized health care in the military and VA.  That would be number 4.

We already have single payer in Medicare and Medicaid.  That would be 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »

Obamacare is numbers 11, 13, and 15.  The double digit increases is in 15. Private plans that must now meet the ACA mandates is 16.

We already have nationalized health care in the military and VA.  That would be number 4.

We already have single payer in Medicare and Medicaid.  That would be 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
How does that make it ok Tim? Even if it is just for the unsubsidized portion of policy holders do you really not understand that as those individuals leave the market that the policies created in those markets become sicker and sicker? You may not like it but for insurance to work there has to be financial incentive for the insurance company to provide policies. That means that take in more than they pay out. At some point they will all simply pull out of the exchanges b/c it just becomes a money pit.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2016, 07:37:38 PM »
How does that make it ok Tim? Even if it is just for the unsubsidized portion of policy holders do you really not understand that as those individuals leave the market that the policies created in those markets become sicker and sicker? You may not like it but for insurance to work there has to be financial incentive for the insurance company to provide policies. That means that take in more than they pay out. At some point they will all simply pull out of the exchanges b/c it just becomes a money pit.

which is why a for profit health care system is bound to fail, and no other industrialized nation has one.

prior to the ACA, you could buy insurance, pay your premiums for years, then get really sick.  the insurance company would then figure out how to get you off their rolls, or limit payments.  you'd have to spend all your assets, then go bankrupt, and then you'd qualify for government help, if you lived long enough. 

Insurance works better when the pool is bigger.  The biggest pool is everyone.  The ACA is a compromise.  It is not my first choice, and I think Obama caved way too early by taking the public option off the table during negotiations. (The Rs did help craft the ACA, they just refused to sign their name to it at the end in fear of the Tea Party. (what ever happened to them?))  Compromise is important.  I'd rather have a glass half full, or even 1/4 full, than one completely empty.

The public option will be added to Obamacare.  In that chart, sections 5-12 will grow and all the other sections will shrink.  You will have the option of paying for your own private or employer based insurance, or participate in single payer.

Just like today:  If you are over 65, you can use Medicare (single payer) or use your own insurance.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2016, 08:10:35 PM »
I have a pre-existing.  Getting rid of Obamacare will not be good for me.  I also have health problems, so I have to buy premium Obamacare.  My health care through Obama will be around $650 a month in 2016. 

Fucked either way.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2016, 08:26:24 PM »
I have a pre-existing.  Getting rid of Obamacare will not be good for me.  I also have health problems, so I have to buy premium Obamacare.  My health care through Obama will be around $650 a month in 2016. 

Fucked either way.

And your deductible is?

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2016, 08:36:05 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2016, 09:32:24 PM »
which is why a for profit health care system is bound to fail, and no other industrialized nation has one.

prior to the ACA, you could buy insurance, pay your premiums for years, then get really sick.  the insurance company would then figure out how to get you off their rolls, or limit payments.  you'd have to spend all your assets, then go bankrupt, and then you'd qualify for government help, if you lived long enough. 

Insurance works better when the pool is bigger.  The biggest pool is everyone.  The ACA is a compromise.  It is not my first choice, and I think Obama caved way too early by taking the public option off the table during negotiations. (The Rs did help craft the ACA, they just refused to sign their name to it at the end in fear of the Tea Party. (what ever happened to them?))  Compromise is important.  I'd rather have a glass half full, or even 1/4 full, than one completely empty.

The public option will be added to Obamacare.  In that chart, sections 5-12 will grow and all the other sections will shrink.  You will have the option of paying for your own private or employer based insurance, or participate in single payer.

Just like today:  If you are over 65, you can use Medicare (single payer) or use your own insurance.
Bound to fail??? The system seems to be doing just fine and it gives us some of the best medical services at much shorter wait times than other industrialized countries. I think we can all agree it has its issues but we get much better medical service in the US and have much shorter wait times.

If you have issues with a system, fix that system. Don't create a whole other issue just for the sake of "doing something".

What part of the ACA did the republicans introduce to the bill?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2016, 12:27:05 AM »

Obamacare is numbers 11, 13, and 15.  The double digit increases is in 15. Private plans that must now meet the ACA mandates is 16.

We already have single payer in Medicare and Medicaid.  That would be 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
Why are you even bringing this up.  Hillary already said that would "NEVER, EVER, Happen" and made fun of Bernie Sanders for raising the idea and then called it naive.  She has been given MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of DOLLARS by the Private Health Insurance this cycle.  Do you think they just like giving money away?  We already know how the Clinton campaign operates and how they view money and what they do with it in terms of "pay to play" or what I would rather characterize as bribery, because that is what it is.

Don't be a fucking dumb ass faqqot.  Be a smart faqqot.  You have turned yourself into a disgusting pretzel and now support garbage, elitism at the expense of even your own once held ideals.  Pathetic.

Is it because dear Hillary is a lesbian and you are a homo that you think its a wise choice.  Get off your gay horse for once and use your fucking depraved brain.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2016, 01:03:21 AM »
Why are you even bringing this up.  Hillary already said that would "NEVER, EVER, Happen" and made fun of Bernie Sanders for raising the idea and then called it naive.  She has been given MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of DOLLARS by the Private Health Insurance this cycle.  Do you think they just like giving money away?  We already know how the Clinton campaign operates and how they view money and what they do with it in terms of "pay to play" or what I would rather characterize as bribery, because that is what it is.

Don't be a fucking dumb ass faqqot.  Be a smart faqqot.  You have turned yourself into a disgusting pretzel and now support garbage, elitism at the expense of even your own once held ideals.  Pathetic.

Is it because dear Hillary is a lesbian and you are a homo that you think its a wise choice.  Get off your gay horse for once and use your fucking depraved brain.

What is your problem?  Tim could probably buy and sell you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2016, 01:10:33 AM »
What is your problem?  Tim could probably buy and sell you.
You do realize he is gay and is a faqqot.  They call themselves both words, why am I not allowed to.

He has this weird allegiance to the Clintons because of all the gays in the campaign.  The elitist type of homos that he wants or desires to be or be with or has been with.  There is a whole weird structure to gaydom and effeteness.  The Clinton gays are considered at the top of this gay weirdo power structure so anything he can do to be associated with it, he will do.

Certainly his beliefs of how government should work and perform do not match the Clintons view (or did not I should say), but he is willing to be a pretzel faqqot as I mentioned above.

Its disgusting really.  Not much different than a cheap whore, just a different kind of whore altogether, just like his master, Hillary.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2016, 04:04:39 AM »
You do realize he is gay and is a faqqot.  They call themselves both words, why am I not allowed to.

He has this weird allegiance to the Clintons because of all the gays in the campaign.  The elitist type of homos that he wants or desires to be or be with or has been with.  There is a whole weird structure to gaydom and effeteness.  The Clinton gays are considered at the top of this gay weirdo power structure so anything he can do to be associated with it, he will do.

Maybe he is looking for an ambassador position.

To Saudi Arabia, for example. He'd do well there.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2016, 05:53:35 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2016, 05:36:07 PM »
This sucks donkey dick.  I have UHC = 28% premium increase for 2017. 

FML

>:(
Moron Fogarty keeps trying to make the excuse, but but but your employer is giving you insurance.

No they aren't.  They are charging the employer and now they are going to have to charge the employer even more.

This has a direct effect on employees wages and in some cases, if a an employee will even have a job to go to.

It also puts an even greater stress and burden on resources from an employer perspective.
I can't believe people like Fogarty think its no big deal.

It sounds like their argument for solving the debt- "Why don't they just print more money?"

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2016, 07:33:56 PM »
This was designed to fail.  Create a problem and then introduce single payer as the "solution" to the problem.

They know that people wouldn't ordinarily accept their leftist ideas so they have to make it appear as if capitalism "doesn't work".

A vote for Hillary is a vote for corruption.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2016, 09:25:14 PM »
This was designed to fail.  Create a problem and then introduce single payer as the "solution" to the problem.

They know that people wouldn't ordinarily accept their leftist ideas so they have to make it appear as if capitalism "doesn't work".

bingo.... at least someone has a friggin brain.

thank you...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2016, 10:28:11 PM »

Nah, it was designed to prevent single payer by the mandated inclusion of Private Health Insurance.  They, themselves help write the law.  All deserve blame.  The Insurance Companies to the politicians to all everyone who was shut out of the discussion and law making process.

One of the worst crafted pieces of legislation ever.  It was not designed to fail, it failed because it was shit to begin with.