Author Topic: Any prison guards on here?  (Read 4867 times)

USMC 1371

• Getbig II
Re: Any prison guards on here?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 05:47:20 AM »
I'm sick to my stomach after reading this.

I cannot believe my tax dollars go to paying hacks so much money on the front end and back end pension (!) to watch prisoners.  No wonder we have a system with non violent drug offenders being shuttled into the system.  It's a god damned racket.

And, to think you have white collar, hard working higher educated individuals making less than some white trash CO behind bars is infuriating.

Oh, but I bet those CO's are the same republicans types who talk about being all for "small government" right?

You get what you pay for. The places that pay the worst have the worst problems and cost the most once you include the payments in lawsuits. Which is why private  prisons are the real racket.  If you can find anyone to do the job for $15 an hour, good luck.  You'll have drugs and CO's having sex with inmates. As far as pensions, it's getting hard to find any LEO/Corrections that have them. And if they do have them they require a large contribution. At the jail I work at I contribute 11% of my check to the pension fund and it is over 100% funded. And yes, we are hiring but it is hard to find anyone that is qualified. No record, bachelors or experience and the ability to pass a drug test. The best candidates are the ones that have had real jobs before. We appreciate the job more. I came from farming, concrete and the Marine Corps. When I worked at the state DOC I would laugh at the garbage I worked with when they complained. They have no idea what hard work is. The worst are legacy hires. Kids who's parents worked there and got hired with no work history. They feel entitled and complain the most.

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 05:55:44 AM »
The best job I had from 87-97.
  Unless someone has been locked up for a good amount of time or worked as a CO they've no idea how hard it can be at times...hearing that final steel gate or door slam shut, locking you in for the rest of the day and never knowing if that day is "your day".
  The loudest sound was when you could hear a cricket fart in the mess hall...with 6-700 inmates on each side they could and have taken over sections of the prison. The odds are 100 to 1 against staff on any given shift so if they so choose to act up there's not much we could do in the immediate moment.
  As a precautionary measure and also for the fact CO's weren't allowed to wear body armor inside the facilities, I would put a Readers Digest or old style TV Guide over each kidney and a larger magazine around the liver area then have my wife at the time secure them with an Ace bandage to try and prevent major damage in a shank assault. The pay is great, having made close to $50k my 1st year with a base salary of only $27k in 87-88...
  It's not for everyone tho...I've seen new boots come iin, work the mess hall once and walk up top, hand in their ID's and never return. It doesn't matter if one can fight, altho it helps, it depends how well you can handle convicts talking shit to you when you're pretty much solo, how well you are with your word or no snitching. They can read ppl just by their body language.
  I miss it alot...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 06:06:11 AM »
to the prison guards

be honest- how do you REALLY feel about the blacks?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 06:09:09 AM »
They have no idea what hard work is.

When ever I would hear one of my Dad's elderly relatives say this...I wanted to tell them just how much shit they were full of.

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 06:15:01 AM »
to the prison guards

be honest- how do you REALLY feel about the blacks?
savages for the most part. Even the ones I worked with, it was hard to tell them apart from the apes we baby sat. If it wasn't for the uniform I would think they were kicking it with homey home slice from the blizzock...yo.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 07:30:57 AM »
Probably one of the shittiest job ever.
Where i live (europe) no one wants to do that shit. Basicly people do this in last resort after failling at getting into the police and stuff...
There was a thread of pro muscle where a bunch of guys were talking about their experiences on being prison guards. Pretty much all of them was negative.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »
Go for it if you enjoy the smell of feet, assholes and musk ox.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 03:36:08 PM »
savages for the most part. Even the ones I worked with, it was hard to tell them apart from the apes we baby sat. If it wasn't for the uniform I would think they were kicking it with homey home slice from the blizzock...yo.

I grew up with a couple of kids who ended up "on the job" and well lets just say they weren't the biggest fans of the, um,....."blacks" when I grew up

I get the feeling they didn't have some sort of conversion when they became cops either.....it's a funny feeling I have

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:37 PM »
hahah.

My neighbor just retired from being a cop.

91% of his salary for the rest of his life. Not to mention I think he was cashing out like 150k in other investments or something of the sort.

And here you are, being small, lonely, poor and demoralized by people smarter than you. Take all  that in, pal.

He did say they were hiring, maybe you should apply and change the world rather than complain all the time  ???

I found out the other day that CA Hwy Patrolmen (the dudes on motorcycles writing tickets) make $180,000/year which is more than I draw in salary from my business.  One cop, for a fact, lives in a $1.3M house in So Cal.

Something is very wrong with this picture.

JackScribber

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 09:22:14 PM »
I found out the other day that CA Hwy Patrolmen (the dudes on motorcycles writing tickets) make $180,000/year which is more than I draw in salary from my business.  One cop, for a fact, lives in a $1.3M house in So Cal.

It means he's not bothered living his entire life on debt and credit.

That's all.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »

So this CHP motorcycle cop has to ride around on California freeways (terrifying on its own), on shitty shifts all hours of the day, holidays, birthdays etc.

He has to deal with all walks of life in a time when it's common to kill officers or assault them.

There is no way he made that without working a ton of overtime. I bet he works near twice his 40 hour workweek.

You're argument is bullshit. If you want what he has.... join chp. Very simple.

Where is the unfairness? Anyone with a high school diploma and a clean criminal history can be a cop.

If I didn't make make more money doing what I did, and the social climate was different, I would consider being a cop. I have a ton of cop friends, not a single one of them is some sort of victimizer or demon like you portray them to be.

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 09:49:27 PM »
The real money comes from smuggling stuff in for the prisoners.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 05:58:03 AM »
So this CHP motorcycle cop has to ride around on California freeways (terrifying on its own), on shitty shifts all hours of the day, holidays, birthdays etc.

He has to deal with all walks of life in a time when it's common to kill officers or assault them.

There is no way he made that without working a ton of overtime. I bet he works near twice his 40 hour workweek.

You're argument is bullshit. If you want what he has.... join chp. Very simple.

Where is the unfairness? Anyone with a high school diploma and a clean criminal history can be a cop.

If I didn't make make more money doing what I did, and the social climate was different, I would consider being a cop. I have a ton of cop friends, not a single one of them is some sort of victimizer or demon like you portray them to be.

I don't think any street cop should get that.  Detective, sure.  FBI, definitely (they are VERY squared away men and women).  Firefighter -- no problem, award them.  They save lives.  Real heroes, no attitude "demanding" respect from their sidearm and badge.  Firefighters just do their job and do it well.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 09:19:31 AM »
if youre in prison youre in prison, no matter what side of the gate.

so youre  basically spending a good portion of your life in prison even though you never commited a crime. thats pretty screwed up.

I dunno  ???

I think it depends on this:
Are you are picking up the soap or behind the guy who does? :-[

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 09:34:03 AM »
I don't think any street cop should get that.  Detective, sure.  FBI, definitely (they are VERY squared away men and women).  Firefighter -- no problem, award them.  They save lives.  Real heroes, no attitude "demanding" respect from their sidearm and badge.  Firefighters just do their job and do it well.

This quote alone tells me that you talk directly from your ass.

I imagine firefighters saving 10% of the lives as law enforcement. You must be trolling. My roommate back in the day was an OC firefighter. Dude worked like 6 days a month and got paid to sleep for 8 hours a day. All he did was follow around an ambulance and supervise 12$ an hour paramedics give medical attention to people while on the way to the hospital.