Author Topic: Proximal Biceps Tendon Rupture  (Read 5510 times)

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
Re: Proximal Biceps Tendon Rupture
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 10:54:04 PM »
I agree, Bossa; you look like shit. You sure it's a torn muscle & not stretch marks from all the fat?

HTH...

Is this the "massive" C-BuZz???  ;D ;D ;D

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »
What happened to the pictures in the OP?  :D

They were getting "guys" like yourself who haven't progressed past the chrome dumbells too excited.  There are several pics of me anyway on this site.  Where are yours "big guy"?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »
You shouldn't be appalled. You should study, research and learn from others that are smarter than you and I (when it comes to training, recovery, rehab, etc) then learn to apply it. My politics viewpoints are just my opinions me being a coach and trainer and dealing with over 120-160 clients and athletes per days means I better know what the fuck I'm doing and if I get into position where I don't know what to do, I go to people that do. Example, where I'm a high school strength coach I have an Ortho, PT and AT to go to when it's out of my scope of training, same with my business. I have a PT, Chiro, message therapist on staff and an Orthopedic Surgeon on call that's works with all of us. We all learn from each other not to mention the thousands we all put out each year to better our athletes and clients. I can tell you that I personally put out $8-12k a year for continuing education.
And, apparently, you don't know shit!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 11:02:41 PM »
And, apparently, you don't know shit!

Dude, get off your high horse or go back to getting your info through MD or RX.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 11:07:25 PM »
Dude, get off your high horse or go back to getting your info through MD or RX.
You gave stupid advice. Own it, or retract it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:19 PM »
You gave stupid advice. Own it, or retract it.

Sure.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 11:11:59 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 11:15:19 PM »
So that's a retraction then?

No. I'm just agreeing to shut you up.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:17:28 PM »
No. I'm just agreeing to shut you up.
So you won't admit you are totally wrong on this one. Sad.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 11:19:27 PM »
So you won't admit you are totally wrong on this one. Sad.

I'm not but that's ok.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »
I'm not but that's ok.
Well, it doesn't matter, everyone else figured it out already.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 11:23:55 PM »
Well, it doesn't matter, everyone else figured it out already.

K

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 11:58:41 PM »
How did you injure it, on what type of movement or exercise?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:21 AM »
Some really bad advice on this thread. Don't listen to personal trainers who own gyms. Most bicep tears are partial ones. Some are complete ruptures where the tendon is completely torn off. You have to get that fixed and the longer you wait the chances of success in the operation go way down. Many doctors are not concerned with athletes. Having a ripped off bicep doesn't effect the longevity or the quality of life in a non athlete.  You have to see a sports orthopedist. Don't see a general one that claims he can work on everything from knees to shoulder and the rest. They are hacks. Find one that specializes on the shoulder down to the hands. Same thing for a say a hip problem. Find an orthopedist that only works on hips.

There are many problems with socialized medicine and this is one. There is no motivation by doctors financially to be involved in problems like yours.  They take the path of least resistance at work.  It's eventually coming to America.  Think under Obama care in 10-15 years they will do a hip joint in a 70 year old man?  Why waste the time and money if he is only going to have a good hip for 10 more years.

Like I said before many muscle tears are partial ones where the tendon is partially torn. I had a complete distal rupture. My bicep ended up by by delt. Had it repaired 4 or 5 days after.  Took 6 months before I regained my strength.  Even though it was a bicep it effected the whole arm. I started benching with just the bar and doing curls after 5 weeks holding a 2 pound weight. This is normally where guys with partial tear operation chime in saying they were back to normal in 3 weeks.

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 05:20:04 AM »
You shouldn't be appalled. You should study, research and learn from others that are smarter than you and I (when it comes to training, recovery, rehab, etc) then learn to apply it. My politics viewpoints are just my opinions me being a coach and trainer and dealing with over 120-160 clients and athletes per days means I better know what the fuck I'm doing and if I get into position where I don't know what to do, I go to people that do. Example, where I'm a high school strength coach I have an Ortho, PT and AT to go to when it's out of my scope of training, same with my business. I have a PT, Chiro, message therapist on staff and an Orthopedic Surgeon on call that's works with all of us. We all learn from each other not to mention the thousands we all put out each year to better our athletes and clients. I can tell you that I personally put out $8-12k a year for continuing education.

why would you need him if you teach people correct form?

Fuck me, its picking things up and putting them down FFS, the rest of it is just bum fluff.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 05:23:06 AM »
About a week and a half ago I ruptured the tendon that connects the long head of my biceps to my shoulder  :'( .  I saw the orthopedic surgeon today who told me that he does not operate on this as I should get full strength back in about 12 weeks but that it will always be misshapen so it would be only cosmetic.  I would think that if it is no longer connected so does not contract there must be a loss of strength.  Does anyone have experience with this? I am not so concerned with the shape but do want full strength.  

Get a second opinion..

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00031

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2016, 05:46:49 AM »
a

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 06:04:53 AM »
Have a gym bud that had that happened in his arm. Yes he recovered the strenght but his bicep looks horrid. Luckly he looks overall like shit so its hard to notice.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 06:11:20 AM »
How did you injure it, on what type of movement or exercise?

Was just doing shrugs on one of these:

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 06:22:47 AM »
Some really bad advice on this thread. Don't listen to personal trainers who own gyms. Most bicep tears are partial ones. Some are complete ruptures where the tendon is completely torn off. You have to get that fixed and the longer you wait the chances of success in the operation go way down. Many doctors are not concerned with athletes. Having a ripped off bicep doesn't effect the longevity or the quality of life in a non athlete.  You have to see a sports orthopedist. Don't see a general one that claims he can work on everything from knees to shoulder and the rest. They are hacks. Find one that specializes on the shoulder down to the hands. Same thing for a say a hip problem. Find an orthopedist that only works on hips.

There are many problems with socialized medicine and this is one. There is no motivation by doctors financially to be involved in problems like yours.  They take the path of least resistance at work.  It's eventually coming to America.  Think under Obama care in 10-15 years they will do a hip joint in a 70 year old man?  Why waste the time and money if he is only going to have a good hip for 10 more years.

Like I said before many muscle tears are partial ones where the tendon is partially torn. I had a complete distal rupture. My bicep ended up by by delt. Had it repaired 4 or 5 days after.  Took 6 months before I regained my strength.  Even though it was a bicep it effected the whole arm. I started benching with just the bar and doing curls after 5 weeks holding a 2 pound weight. This is normally where guys with partial tear operation chime in saying they were back to normal in 3 weeks.

I have booked a consultation in 2 weeks with a doctor who is also the doctor for a professional team.  I will see what he says.  I also have an appt with the surgeon who did my shoulder on the other side but he had nothing available until the first week in December.

I completely agree with your take on socialized medicine.  When everyone has access to the same doctors and facilities regardless of whether they are wealthy or on welfare it overloads the system.  You end up with the best doctors having ridiculous waiting lists and ultimately being given the power to decide for you whether something is neccesary or not.   I was at a work conference and I was talking to a guy from Denmark (or maybe Norway) and there they have a 2 tier system where everyone has access to the same doctors which has a long wait time.  If you want to pay out of pocket or if the company benefits cover it you also have the ability to pay to skip the line and get dealt with immediately.  This makes so much more sense to me. From what I have heard the wait here for an MRI here is close to a year.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2016, 06:27:24 AM »
Get a second opinion..

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00031

Thanks Coach.  As I mentioned I will be getting a couple of more opinions as there doesn't seem to be a clear answer on this, even within this article:

Surgical Treatment
Surgical treatment for a long head of the biceps tendon tear is rarely needed. However, some patients who develop cramping of the muscle or pain, or who require complete recovery of strength, such as athletes or manual laborers, may require surgery. Surgery may also be the right option for those with partial tears whose symptoms are not relieved with nonsurgical treatment.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2016, 06:28:07 AM »
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2016, 08:21:09 AM »
why would you need him if you teach people correct form?

Fuck me, its picking things up and putting them down FFS, the rest of it is just bum fluff.

Ok

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2016, 08:34:09 AM »
Have surgery. You will regret it later if you didn't... because your bicep will look retarded with a big lump lower down and a gap closer to your shoulder. And you will have loss of strength.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2016, 09:13:17 AM »
How'd the injury Occur?