Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 21, 2018, 04:17:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HMB...cheap at Puritan's Pride and Piping Rock  (Read 156 times)
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« on: April 19, 2018, 08:46:10 PM »

I know I haven't posted here in ages. Most of my posts are on the Wrestling Board these days.

But, I've read about HMB and how it's a great supplement to use, NOW that it's way cheaper to use than it was 20 years ago. I've been using HMB for several months now. And, I must say it's been GREAT helping me recover and keep muscle and gain strength.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast7.htm

To that end, I've found two sites to get HMB at a decent price: Piping Rock and Puritan's Pride.

https://www.puritan.com

https://www.pipingrock.com

Piping Rock sells HMB at 90 capsules @ 750 mg each for $15 for one and $28 for two.

Puritan's Pride started selling its brand (Myology) late last year. That site often has "Buy one; get two free" on various supplements. I caught a GREAT DEAL right after Thanksgiving. A "buy one; get two free" sale on HMB, plus 15% off for "Black Friday" and free shipping.

That got me 3 bottles of HMB for $24. To top it off, Myology's HMB is 90 capsules @ 1000 mg each.

Normally, they sell HMB at 2 bottles for $44.99 But, it's been marked down to one bottle for $17.50.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to tell you guys about the tax day sale on Monday and Tuesday, when shipping was FREE.
Report to moderator   Logged
Montague
Getbig V

No such thing as an "essential carb."

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 01:07:11 AM »

Thanks for the FYI!!

I happen to like HMB also. It is one of the few "supplements" I use.
It's got proper studies that demonstrate its effectiveness, and it produces noticeable results for me.
OldSchoolLifter
Getbig II

Hobbyist historian of strength/physique training

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »

Any thoughts on the effectiveness of the calcium salt form of HMB which is pretty commonly available and affordable, vs. the free acid form which only seems to be available from one particular manufacturer, and at a higher price? I managed to get a bottle of the FA type at a discount, and I'm trying it out for the next month.
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 06:40:34 PM »

Any thoughts on the effectiveness of the calcium salt form of HMB which is pretty commonly available and affordable, vs. the free acid form which only seems to be available from one particular manufacturer, and at a higher price? I managed to get a bottle of the FA type at a discount, and I'm trying it out for the next month.

I've heard the free acid is better; but, considering how much cheaper the calcium one is, that's the better route to go.

PLEASE BELIEVE that (as with the other MuscleTech supplements I've used) when it goes on clearance, I'm snatching it up!!!

Grin
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-hmb-fa-experiment.html

Bill Phillips recommended using high dosages of HMB in his Sport Supplement Review (3rd Edition). That was published 20 years ago.

We're talking 6 grams a day. But, back then EAS' HMB only came in 250 mg pills and a 360-capsule bottle ran you $90.

EAS' Betagen (a HMB-Creatine combo, with 1 g HMB and 2 g creatine) cost nearly $100 for 90 servings.
krazyweels
Getbig II

Getbig!

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:59:11 PM »

I get my HMB in bulk powder form. Much, much cheaper than capsules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!