Author Topic: Old School....1989  (Read 14322 times)

AVBG

Re: Old School....1989
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »
Eleiko....haven't seen stuff made from that company in awhile.

What the hell is that wooden roller thing?

Its like a massage machine, the wooden things spin around.. real eighties stuff

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 07:11:21 PM »
Its like a massage machine, the wooden things spin around.. real eighties stuff

More like the 70's.  People on here who live in LA know the Oakwood Apartments in Marina Del Rey.  My Uncle owned them back in the 70's.  I remember he showed us the gym and he had a couple of those machines in their.  My mom sat on it and she went flying off falling on the ground.  It was funny as hell.  They had the ole leather belt thing too.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 07:14:52 AM »
ha ha ha, the fat roller thingie, that is old school

quoting myself to show that I knew that one, knny
before there was Curves, there was Woman's World
X

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 03:31:04 AM »
Eleiko....haven't seen stuff made from that company in awhile.

About 6 months ago I bought Ivanko plates for my home gym. They are kind of wild, large holes in them which make em eazy to pick up. I wanted the Eleiko or Ivanko bumper plates but they are very expensive!

http://www.eleikosport.se/eng/Product.asp?PageNumber=100&Product_Id=243

http://www.ivanko.com/products/prd_text/ROEZH.html

The Beef

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 07:31:39 AM »
anyone remember the magazine Strength Training for Beauty?
X

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 07:39:42 AM »
One of THE originals, and still around. Draper trained here in the early 60s, before moving to California. When in NYC..
http://www.midcitygym.com/main/gateway/gateway.asp?GID=502&CID=203&URL=http%3A%2F%2Flocator%2Fcustompages%2Fpage.asp%3FlocID%3D100889%26cpid%3D1

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 12:55:16 PM »
About 6 months ago I bought Ivanko plates for my home gym. They are kind of wild, large holes in them which make em eazy to pick up. I wanted the Eleiko or Ivanko bumper plates but they are very expensive!

http://www.eleikosport.se/eng/Product.asp?PageNumber=100&Product_Id=243

http://www.ivanko.com/products/prd_text/ROEZH.html

The Beef

True.

Did you get rubber, cast steel, or urethane?

Bumper Plates are cool, but unless your into Olympic style lifting....they are unnecessary for the price

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 01:29:22 PM »
True.

Bumper Plates are cool, but unless your into Olympic style lifting....they are unnecessary for the price

Go to www.rebarfit.com

They make great stuff and the price is awesome.  Tell them I sent you. I just all the weights, plates, barbells and other stuff from them for two gyms.  Wyatt has been in the business a long time

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 03:08:08 AM »
And donkey calf raises with two SOB's sitting on your lower back ;)
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 08:52:38 AM »
True.

I bought the rubber coated ones, 4 x 45, 4 x 35 & 4 x 25. The shipping almost doubled the priice and killed me.

These are them . . . I wanted the bumpers' because I had this pic in my mind of Tom Platz benching in a gym in Europe. I had seen it as a kid ( he had his feet wrapped aroung the benches legs ) and was wearing a yellow track suit ( if I recall. ) He was using Eliko plates on the bar.I was trying to relove my youth I guess, lol. In the 80's Ivanko also had gold colored dumbells I wanted for my home gym, but I don't think they make them any longer. The goal was to have all my equipment with white frames, light yellow for the padding, the gold bells and bumper plates.

My next move is to get a Zane leg blaster, if I ever find a good job again.

The Beef

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »
They www.rebarfit.com have some sweet plates. I would love to have gone that route and kicked in for the custome logo.

A fantastic company.

The Beef

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 09:27:32 AM »
I bought the rubber coated ones, 4 x 45, 4 x 35 & 4 x 25. The shipping almost doubled the priice and killed me.
With weights, ALWAYS try to find a local distributor, which eliminates the shipping. It's usually possible to find a source somewhere within reasonable driving distance.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 04:28:32 PM »

These are them . . . I wanted the bumpers' because I had this pic in my mind of Tom Platz benching in a gym in Europe. I had seen it as a kid ( he had his feet wrapped aroung the benches legs ) and was wearing a yellow track suit ( if I recall. ) He was using Eliko plates on the bar.I was trying to relove my youth I guess, lol. In the 80's Ivanko also had gold colored dumbells I wanted for my home gym, but I don't think they make them any longer. The goal was to have all my equipment with white frames, light yellow for the padding, the gold bells and bumper plates.

My next move is to get a Zane leg blaster, if I ever find a good job again.

The Beef

Those are cool....only sucky part is they don't make any colored ones or anything to match the smaller sizes  10's, 5's, & 2.5's.

Always thought that was weird.

The Zane leg blaster.....why?

I never liked it too much

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 07:32:06 AM »
One of THE originals, and still around. Draper trained here in the early 60s, before moving to California. When in NYC..
http://www.midcitygym.com/main/gateway/gateway.asp?GID=502&CID=203&URL=http%3A%2F%2Flocator%2Fcustompages%2Fpage.asp%3FlocID%3D100889%26cpid%3D1

Ahhhhhh....Mid City Gym.  I know it well.  I trained there in it's heyday.  Unmatched dungeon gym, filled with the wierdest characters you'll ever meet.  My old post on strongman Paul "Zazu" Bruno showed pictures taken at Mid City, where he worked the front desk (R.I.P.). 

What about that old forearm thingy with the handles and dirty rope attached?...
Donkey raises off of the lower staircase...
Hoffman protein powder...
then, finally! amino acid tablets, only 1mg per horse-sized pill...

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 12:51:06 PM »
guess no one knows what I am referring to
X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2006, 01:01:49 PM »
With weights, ALWAYS try to find a local distributor, which eliminates the shipping. It's usually possible to find a source somewhere within reasonable driving distance.

I wish that was the case.  One thing though my shipping isn't to bad from China for a 20' container which is big enough for allthe plates and bars and stuff.  It was just over $5,000 which is good.  I have 9 40' containers coming from Long Beach, CA though

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2006, 02:14:28 PM »
I wish that was the case.  One thing though my shipping isn't to bad from China for a 20' container which is big enough for allthe plates and bars and stuff.  It was just over $5,000 which is good.  I have 9 40' containers coming from Long Beach, CA though

$5000 for the shipping from china?