Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 81932 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: President Trump
« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2016, 04:33:33 PM »

Donald Trump Is Staffing His Administration with TPP Supporters

President-elect Donald Trump railed against the Trans-Pacific Partnership on his way to winning the White House and has vowed immediately to withdraw the U.S. from the 12-nation accord.

Several of his cabinet picks and other early nominees to top posts, however, have endorsed or spoken favorably about the trade pact, including Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, announced Wednesday as Mr. Trump’s pick for ambassador to China, and retired Marine Gen. James Mattis, Mr. Trump’s pick to head the Department of Defense.

At a summer conference of U.S. governors, Mr. Branstad said the TPP was “very important to Iowa” given the role it would play opening up more markets to U.S. agricultural exports.

“It’s not perfect … but let’s continue to build on breaking down these barriers in opening up markets,” he said. “We benefit. We create jobs. And we grow farm income. That’s a positive thing, and that’s why I’m a strong supporter of free trade and the TPP.”

Gen. Mattis joined 16 other retired military leaders and former defense secretaries in a May 2015 letter to congressional leaders that said TPP would help the U.S. maintain a geopolitical advantage in Asia.

“There would be harmful strategic consequences if we fail to secure these agreements,” the letter said. “Our allies and partners would question our commitments, doubt our resolve, and inevitably look to other partners.”

Another signatory to that letter: David Petraeus, the retired general who ran the Central Intelligence Agency and who has been considered by Mr. Trump for secretary of state. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., also considered candidates for the secretary of state post, have supported the TPP.

“Every nominee that will be put forward by the Trump Pence administration understands that trade deals must first create an advantage for American workers and American companies,” said R.C. Hammond, a spokesman for the Trump transition team.

Wilbur Ross Jr., Mr. Trump’s nominee for Commerce secretary, has been extremely critical of the TPP in recent interviews, but he signed a letter in support of the agreement last year to the New York congressional delegation.

Mr. Ross signaled his support for TPP as recently as a May appearance on Bloomberg TV, according to a report by CNN Money.

“I like the TPP,” he said. “But I think also the rhetoric that everybody has in campaigns is usually quite a bit different from what comes out of the Washington negotiations.”

On Fox Business Network last week, Mr. Ross said the agreement was flawed and ruled out any prospect that it might be revived in a Trump administration. “That’s a silly treaty,” he said.

While the cabinet and ambassador picks don’t suggest Mr. Trump will change his mind on the trade deal, they highlight potential divisions and contradictions on the issue. During the campaign, Mr. Trump repeatedly pointed to Democratic rival Hillary Clinton’s past support for the TPP when she was secretary of state to undercut her later opposition to the deal after it was finalized.

“The next betrayal will be the Trans-Pacific Partnership,” he said in an August speech in Detroit. “If sent to the Oval Office, Hillary Clinton will enact the TPP as sure as you’re sitting there.”

Vice President-elect Mike Pence also supported the TPP as Indiana governor, but he said he changed his mind on the trade accord, and other multilateral deals, after he discussed the issue with Mr. Trump this past July.

(WSJ)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
Trump’s Labor Dept. Pick Slammed By Pro-American Immigration Reformers (Breitbart)

[Trump Labor Secretary pick] Puzder supported JEB BUSH and MARCO RUBIO, both of whom were defeated by Trump during the campaign, as he promised to curb low-wage competition from imported workers. (Breitbart)

"I have asked him what he would think of this one and that one," Trump said, "I take [Obama's] recommendations very seriously," (CNN) "I really like Obama!" (Time)  

Donald Trump Is Staffing His Administration with TPP Supporters (WSJ)

What the hell is happening, I'd like to know.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2016, 06:29:35 PM »
Trump’s Labor Dept. Pick Slammed By Pro-American Immigration Reformers (Breitbart)

[Trump Labor Secretary pick] Puzder supported JEB BUSH and MARCO RUBIO, both of whom were defeated by Trump during the campaign, as he promised to curb low-wage competition from imported workers. (Breitbart)

"I have asked him what he would think of this one and that one," Trump said, "I take [Obama's] recommendations very seriously," (CNN) "I really like Obama!" (Time)  

Donald Trump Is Staffing His Administration with TPP Supporters (WSJ)

What the hell is happening, I'd like to know.

The same thing that has always been going on with CNN, WSJ, and TIME.

Lies
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
^ Yeah, I still have high hopes.  He's the one guy who can keep all those dipshits in line, and it may be yet another owning he has in mind.

Besides, can't forget that the alternative was Hillary.  >:(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »
The same thing that has always been going on with CNN, WSJ, and TIME.

Lies

Typical...if you don't like something (just like Trump) you call foul. Maybe this is the wave of the future for the next 4 years. The demigod rises! He represents his flock (sheep) idiots.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
I can't wait until Trump's Supreme Court nominees cause Ruth "Masterbader" Ginsburg's head to fucking explode.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2016, 09:13:37 PM »
I can't wait until Trump's Supreme Court nominees cause Ruth "Masterbader" Ginsburg's head to fucking explode.

That old bitch needs to retire.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2016, 02:33:49 AM »
Typical...if you don't like something (just like Trump) you call foul. Maybe this is the wave of the future for the next 4 years. The demigod rises! He represents his flock (sheep) idiots.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401076.0

So I am an idiot for not liking terrible reporting, quote skewing, and the media having a political agenda?

Keep suckling that MSM teat.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2016, 05:40:07 AM »
Cathy McMorris to Interior.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2016, 05:51:57 AM »
So true.

Conway: 'The most fake news’ was Trump couldn’t beat Clinton

.@KellyannePolls: The most fake piece of news I heard all along is that Donald Trump couldn't win, how's that for 'fake news'? pic.twitter.com/CEfThXnqW7
    — FOX & Friends (@foxandfriends) December 9, 2016

A top aide to President-elect Donald Trump says the best example of fake news is the idea he could not defeat Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in their race the White House.

“The most fake piece of news I heard all along, up until Election Day — and I still hear from some people — is that Donald Trump couldn’t win,” former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends” Friday. "How’s that for fake news?”

Conway jabbed at critics who say fake news helped Trump defeat Clinton, arguing the former first lady did not have a coherent pitch to voters.

“They just can’t grapple with the fact that — I don’t know what her message was to America other than, ‘I’m not Donald Trump and you shouldn’t vote for him,’” she said. "I don’t know what her message was to the working class voters we captured and the union households we carried in some places by two-to-one.

"I don’t know what her message was to America’s women, where she only got 55 or 56 percent of the vote as the first female presidential nominee of a major party.”

Some Democrats have argued the spread of anti-Clinton fake news online contributed to her electoral loss to Trump.

Clinton on Thursday decried the spread of fake news online, adding Congress should take action against it.

“The epidemic of malicious fake news and false propaganda that flooded social media over the past year — it’s now clear the so-called fake news can have real-world consequences,” she said in a speech on Capitol Hill given days after the "Pizzagate" fake news story led to a man firing a gun in a D.C. pizzeria.

(The Hill)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2016, 06:05:36 AM »
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2016, 11:56:44 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401076.0

So I am an idiot for not liking terrible reporting, quote skewing, and the media having a political agenda?

Keep suckling that MSM teat.

You're not an idiot. Do you have a political agenda? Does it affect how you view the media?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2016, 12:04:16 PM »
You're not an idiot. Do you have a political agenda? Does it affect how you view the media?

Sure, but it does not affect how I view the truth.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »
Sure, but it does not affect how I view the truth.

Or so you believe. There is usually more than one version of the truth. Everyone has filters.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »
Or so you believe. There is usually more than one version of the truth. Everyone has filters.

Yeah, let's pretend the media calls it down the middle. Your credibility is on par with that of the failing NY Daily News:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »
Yeah, let's pretend the media calls it down the middle. Your credibility is on par with that of the failing NY Daily News:

I seriously doubt the media is neutral. The media panders to the public. Much of the media has a fairly specific audience.

My credibility is of little importance as is the case with yours. I actually couldn't care less whether I am taken seriously by Getbiggers, including you. Regardless of what each of us believes or says we will have no effect on the future except maybe our own.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2016, 03:16:58 PM »
Everyone has filters.

And you happen to like cock down your filters.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2016, 03:54:09 PM »
And you happen to like cock down your filters.

Cock on your mind?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2016, 04:27:55 PM »

unbelievable

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »
Ooooowee.... A "Secret CIA Assessment" says Russia "was trying to help" Trump win office.

...AS IF we have reason to trust the CIA.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #246 on: December 09, 2016, 05:33:33 PM »

Wash Post: CIA Assessment Concludes Putin Was Trying to Help Trump Win White House

(NEWSMAX) The CIA has concluded that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to a secret assessment disclosed on Friday.

"It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected," a senior U.S. official told The Washington Post. "That’s the consensus view."

The official was briefed on an intelligence presentation made by the CIA to U.S. senators, the Post reports.

According to the Post, American intelligence agencies identified "individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman.

"Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances."

Clinton long has charged that Russia was meddling in the election — and President Barack Obama ordered intelligence officials to review the widespread election-season hacking.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina also declared that he was chairing several investigations into Russia because he wanted President Vladimir Putin "personally to pay a price."

But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell doubted the credibility of any intelligence linking Russia to any elections tampering in a secret briefing for Congress in September, the Post reports.

Trump also has dismissed concerns about Russian hacking.

"I don’t believe they interfered," he told Time magazine this week.

The hacking, "could be Russia," he said. "And it could be China. And it could be some guy in his home in New Jersey."

According to the Post, the CIA briefed top senators last week on its latest assessment, citing growing evidence from "multiple sources."

They said it was now "quite clear" Moscow's goal was to elect Trump, said the officials, who spoke to the Post on the condition of anonymity.

Last week's CIA presentation, however, fell short of a formal U.S. assessment produced by all 17 intelligence agencies, the Post reports.

A senior U.S. official said minor disagreements had occurred among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because various questions remain unanswered.

"We may have crossed into a new threshold, and it is incumbent upon us to take stock of that, to review, to conduct some after-action, to understand what has happened and to impart some lessons learned," Lisa Monaco, Obama's counterterrorism and homeland security adviser, said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor.

President Obama wants the report before he leaves office Jan. 20, Monaco said, the Post reports.

(NEWSMAX)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »

Trump remains executive producer on reality TV show: Schwarzenegger

(Reuters) President-elect Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on the reality TV show "Celebrity Apprentice," new host Arnold Schwarzenegger said on Friday, defending the situation as similar to his own transitions between politics and entertainment.

Trump, who famously barked the catchphrase "You're fired!" as he dismissed competitors on the "Apprentice" and "Celebrity Apprentice" programs, stepped down from the show last year when he entered the Republican presidential race.

"Celebrity Apprentice" returns to the air with Schwarzenegger, star of the "Terminator" films and former two-term California governor, as host on Jan. 2, 18 days before Trump is sworn in as president.

"I knew from the beginning he is executive producer of the show...His credit was on there," Schwarzenegger told reporters at a promotional event for the next season.

"It is no different than when I was running for governor and I became governor. My credit for starring in ‘Terminator’ still said Schwarzenegger and everything stayed the same and I continued getting my royalties," he said.

Asked whether Trump should step away from the program, Schwarzenegger joked: "I don’t think he’ll be co-hosting with me." He suggested Trump could appear on future seasons as a guest adviser “if he has time.”

Variety, which first reported Trump's decision to remain as executive producer, said his name would air in the credits before that of Schwarzenegger. The show is broadcast by NBC, a unit of Comcast Corp.

Variety said he was likely to be due a payment in the low five-figures per episode. Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway did not confirm that Trump would retain the executive producer credit and said she did not know whether he would accept potential payments for the program.

"Presidents have a right to do things in their spare time or their leisure time," she told CNN. "Nobody objects to that."

Debuting in 2004, "The Apprentice" and its spinoff, "Celebrity Apprentice," were ratings hits and boosted Trump's popularity after he suffered a financial downturn in the 1990s. "He did a great job. That’s why I was attracted to the show. Now I am the new boss. I am the new host. I hope I can match up with what he has done ... I want to have my ratings a little higher than his were," Schwarzenegger said.

Trump has been speaking to lawyers and protocol experts about his global business interests once he takes office on Jan. 20, Conway said on CNN.

(Reporting by Lisa Richwine in Los Angeles; Additional reporting by Doina Chiacu and Emily Stephenson in Washington; Editing by Dan Whitcomb and Grant McCool)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2016, 05:44:33 PM »

Wash Post: CIA Assessment Concludes Putin Was Trying to Help Trump Win White House

(NEWSMAX) The CIA has concluded that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to a secret assessment disclosed on Friday.

"It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected," a senior U.S. official told The Washington Post. "That’s the consensus view."

The official was briefed on an intelligence presentation made by the CIA to U.S. senators, the Post reports.

According to the Post, American intelligence agencies identified "individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman.

"Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances."

Clinton long has charged that Russia was meddling in the election — and President Barack Obama ordered intelligence officials to review the widespread election-season hacking.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina also declared that he was chairing several investigations into Russia because he wanted President Vladimir Putin "personally to pay a price."

But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell doubted the credibility of any intelligence linking Russia to any elections tampering in a secret briefing for Congress in September, the Post reports.

Trump also has dismissed concerns about Russian hacking.

"I don’t believe they interfered," he told Time magazine this week.

The hacking, "could be Russia," he said. "And it could be China. And it could be some guy in his home in New Jersey."

According to the Post, the CIA briefed top senators last week on its latest assessment, citing growing evidence from "multiple sources."

They said it was now "quite clear" Moscow's goal was to elect Trump, said the officials, who spoke to the Post on the condition of anonymity.

Last week's CIA presentation, however, fell short of a formal U.S. assessment produced by all 17 intelligence agencies, the Post reports.

A senior U.S. official said minor disagreements had occurred among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because various questions remain unanswered.

"We may have crossed into a new threshold, and it is incumbent upon us to take stock of that, to review, to conduct some after-action, to understand what has happened and to impart some lessons learned," Lisa Monaco, Obama's counterterrorism and homeland security adviser, said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor.

President Obama wants the report before he leaves office Jan. 20, Monaco said, the Post reports.

(NEWSMAX)

What does that even mean???

A secret assessment that Obama wants before Jan. 20th, but the media already knows about what's in the secret assessment.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2016, 05:47:22 PM »
Waste of time to dye your hair, Schwarzo... trust me on that one.