Author Topic: Trump's Cabinet  (Read 65911 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2016, 01:48:20 PM »
It's hard to imagine all the considerations a President elect must make in choosing their cabinet. All Cabinet members are nominated by the President and then presented to the Senate for confirmation or rejection by a simple majority. In Trump's case he'll be working with a Republican controlled Senate. This does not guarantee all his selections will be approved. Rogue picks may be harder to win approval.

Everyone is likely advising Trump as to the best choices. It's been rumored that his family is weighing in on this. They may be unaware of the political ramifications of who the candidates end up being. We've seen examples throughout Trump's campaigns (primary and general) of him ignoring expert advice, doing what he wants.  It's hard to tell how this will play out over the next several weeks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »
I was pulling for Rudy as Attorney General. I don't see him as a Secretary of State. He's a law and order guy.

That said, there was a story about Comey being asked to step down as FBI Director. That could be Rudy's spot.

I think his best fit was Homeland Security, but agree FBI Director would be good too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2016, 03:06:35 PM »
It's hard to imagine all the considerations a President elect must make in choosing their cabinet. All Cabinet members are nominated by the President and then presented to the Senate for confirmation or rejection by a simple majority. In Trump's case he'll be working with a Republican controlled Senate. This does not guarantee all his selections will be approved. Rogue picks may be harder to win approval.

Everyone is likely advising Trump as to the best choices. It's been rumored that his family is weighing in on this. They may be unaware of the political ramifications of who the candidates end up being. We've seen examples throughout Trump's campaigns (primary and general) of him ignoring expert advice, doing what he wants.  It's hard to tell how this will play out over the next several weeks.

He is doing a bang up job so far.  Proven, successful leaders over Ivy League academics.  Marines in top level defense positions.  I like it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2016, 03:07:42 PM »
Ex-Ford Chief Mulally in Mix for Secretary of State, Conway Says
Friday, 09 Dec 2016

President-elect Donald Trump’s short list for secretary of state has grown, with former Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally now under consideration for the job as the nation’s top diplomat, a top adviser said Friday.

Mulally met with Trump Thursday in New York to discuss the position, campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said on Fox News. Mulally, 71, helped engineer a turnaround at the automaker while avoiding the bankruptcies that befell its crosstown rivals, General Motors Co. and Chrysler, now part of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV. He previously served as head of Boeing Co.’s commercial airline business division.

“This is an important process,” Conway said. Trump “is welcoming in a number of men and women who have very diverse backgrounds.”

Conway said Exxon Mobil Corp. CEO Rex Tillerson, former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former CIA Director David Petraeus, Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton, and Representative Dana Rohrabacher, a California Republican, were also among the names under consideration.

Trump’s Vision

Conway has publicly warned that the selection of Romney could upset Trump voters who see the former Massachusetts governor as too aligned with the political establishment. She said Friday that whoever was selected would need to hew to the president-elect’s foreign policy vision.

“You have to be able to adhere to what will be the Trump doctrine worldwide and be able to execute it,” she said.

While Conway didn’t indicate who was Trump’s leading contender, she did praise some of the candidates. She said Corker, a Republican from Tennessee, would likely “face easy confirmation” by his colleagues. And she praised Giuliani as “a very close and loyal adviser throughout the campaign” who remains “still in the mix.”

She acknowledged that Mulally would be an interesting choice considering that Trump has targeted two firms he helped lead. Earlier this week, Trump tweeted that Boeing’s contract to build the next Air Force One plane was too expensive. He has said he wants to keep Ford from moving manufacturing plants from the U.S. to Mexico.

Staved Off Bankruptcy

Mulally, who retired as CEO of Ford in 2014, earned bipartisan praise for his efforts at the iconic automaker, staving off bankruptcy by globalizing new models, cutting costs, boosting technology and overhauling the lineup with fuel-efficient vehicles such as the aluminum-bodied F-150 pickup.

After leaving Ford, Mulally joined the board of Google, now part of Alphabet Inc., just as the tech giant was stepping up research into self-driving cars.

Before leaving Ford, Mulally had been considered for the top job at Microsoft Corp. that ultimately went to Satya Nadella. There was also speculation that he could join the Obama administration because he sat on Barack Obama’s Export Council, formed in 2010 to advise the president on trade.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/mulally-secretary-of-state/2016/12/09/id/763187/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2016, 03:56:01 PM »
He is doing a bang up job so far.  Proven, successful leaders over Ivy League academics.  Marines in top level defense positions.  I like it. 

I hope it all works out for him the way he wants....otherwise, he'll be tweeting that the Senate is rigged.  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2016, 04:11:34 PM »
I hope it all works out for him the way he wants....otherwise, he'll be tweeting that the Senate is rigged.  :D

He shouldn't have much to complain about for at least the first couple years. 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2016, 06:40:03 PM »
what happened to Sheriff – David A. Clarke??

wasn't he supposed to head up some cabinet position??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2016, 07:20:20 PM »

Nah.  I was just hoping.  I think he will get some job in the administration. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2016, 01:41:25 AM »

There was lots of buzz that he was a serious contender, and he's publicly stated he would consider any role offered.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
Rex Tillerson as SOS.  More liberal tears....

So this guy has been CEO of Exxon Mobil.

Two ways to look at this.

1) oh my god oil is going to $300! he's friends with putin and other oil people! he hates the earth! he's an old white guy!

2) a deal maker with big world experience. knows energy and its influence on world politics. already been everywhere. does happens to know putin well, which is great because why were the left trying to go to war with russia again? oh that pipeline from saudi and qatar through syria...

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »
Rex Tillerson as SOS.  More liberal tears....

So this guy has been CEO of Exxon Mobil.

Two ways to look at this.

1) oh my god oil is going to $300! he's friends with putin and other oil people! he hates the earth! he's an old white guy!

2) a deal maker with big world experience. knows energy and its influence on world politics. already been everywhere. does happens to know putin well, which is great because why were the left trying to go to war with russia again? oh that pipeline from saudi and qatar through syria...
Don't know too much about this guy. I still say that Trump could have done better with choosing "outsiders" but he is doing the interviews so may be seeing something behind the scenes hopefully.

A lot of these guys may be like him in that they are a part of a system but willing/wanting to change things.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2016, 03:48:27 PM »
I was pulling for Rudy as Attorney General. I don't see him as a Secretary of State. He's a law and order guy.

That said, there was a story about Comey being asked to step down as FBI Director. That could be Rudy's spot.

Any chance he ends up being Trumps SC nominee?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »
Any chance he ends up being Trumps SC nominee?

I never thought of that. I guess it's a possibility but I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2016, 05:31:34 AM »
I never thought of that. I guess it's a possibility but I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

I'm just wondering where he fits in. I'm not saying Trump owes him anything for his loyalty, just that he is a very intelligent person and there has to be a place for him somewhere, don't you think?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2016, 06:03:48 AM »
I'm just wondering where he fits in. I'm not saying Trump owes him anything for his loyalty, just that he is a very intelligent person and there has to be a place for him somewhere, don't you think?

I believe he was offered Homeland Security and turned it down. Rudy has been in Government for most of his life. My guess is that he's tired of various aspects of it and is only gonna do something he really wants.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2016, 06:43:24 AM »
I believe he was offered Homeland Security and turned it down. Rudy has been in Government for most of his life. My guess is that he's tired of various aspects of it and is only gonna do something he really wants.

I would certainly think that he and Trump have discussed the prospect(s) in some capacity so far.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2016, 09:30:53 AM »
Five Facts About Donald Trump’s Expected Pick for Interior Secretary, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers
trumpMark Wilson/Getty Images/AFP
by NEIL MUNRO
9 Dec 2016

Donald Trump is expected to pick Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers as his Interior Secretary, making her a central player in his plans to jump-start the domestic oil, natural gas and coal industries.

She was first elected in 2004, and is now the fourth-ranking person in the GOP’s House leadership, under House Speaker Paul Ryan.

She also had time to birth three children while in Congress. Here’s her Instagram account, and a cute picture of her balancing work and child-rearing.

Feminists and social-liberal don’t like her conservative social record. According to an respectful but unfriendly profile in Slate.com,

McMorris Rodgers has voted like a standard conservative, for cuts to nearly every social service. She voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and in favor of cutting funding for birth control. Last year, she supported a version of the Violence Against Women Act that excluded gay, immigrant, and Native American women, calling them a “side issue.” And her constituents once delivered empty milk bottles to her office to protest her support for cuts in the “WIC” nutritional program. The war on women, Matt Yglesias points out, is not about symbols. It’s about public policy. So if you want something like that done, ask another woman.

McMorris Rodgers is from Washington state, where her constituents include Microsoft Corp. and apple growers, and so she has strongly backed large-scale immigration of white-collar graduates and unskilled, illiterate apple-pickers. She supported the 2013 “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” push, which failed in June 2014 when GOP primary voters demonstrated their opposition by defeating GOP majority Leader Rep. Eric Cantor.

In 2011, she co-sponsored a bill to sell off 0.6 percent of the 500 million acres of government-owned land. Those holdings add up to 20 percent of the nation’s real-estate. She gets little love from upper-income environmental groups, because she generally favors drilling, mining and logging on the huge tracts of government-owned land in the western half of the United States. She will also have a huge say on the construction of oil and natural-gas pipelines.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/09/five-facts-donald-trumps-pick-interior-secretary-rep/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2016, 09:33:35 AM »
NBC News: Trump Chooses Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State
By Mark Swanson   |   Saturday, 10 Dec 2016

President-elect Donald Trump has tapped Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson to be his secretary of state, NBC News reported Saturday.

Andrea Mitchell, citing two sources, reported Tillerson will be named sometime next week.

Further, Mitchell reported former UN ambassador John Bolton will be named deputy secretary of state.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Tillerson-Secretary-State/2016/12/10/id/763271/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2016, 09:34:33 AM »
Rick Perry Said to Be Trump's Top Candidate for Energy Secretary
Sunday, 11 Dec 2016

Donald Trump has narrowed his search for energy secretary to four people, with former Texas Governor Rick Perry the leading candidate, said people familiar with the president-elect’s selection process.

Two Democratic senators from energy-producing states -- Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia -- are also in the mix, along with Ray Washburne, a Dallas investor and former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

Trump met with Perry and Washburne while attending the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore on Saturday. It was at least the second time he’d spoken to the two men for potential roles in the new administration.

Trump is scheduled to meet with Manchin in New York. Heitkamp met with Trump on Dec. 2.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rick-perry-trump-pick/2016/12/11/id/763342/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »
Good.  I think Laura Ingraham would be better for this position.  Conway should just serve as a senior advisor. 

Kellyanne Conway: I Turned Down WH Press Secretary Job
By Cathy Burke   |    Monday, 12 Dec 2016

President-elect Donald Trump's senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said Monday she'd been offered the job of the White House press secretary, but "politely" turned it down.

In an interview aired Monday on "The Hugh Hewitt Show," the former Trump campaign manager agreed with Hewitt's observation that Trump "is his own best spokesman."

"I have politely declined that job," she said. "I think it’s an incredibly important position to fill. And I know that there will be a qualified man or woman who takes that position and does an excellent job for President Trump and Vice President Pence."

"As you can imagine, if it’s President Trump’s administration, communications will be a very important aspect of it. And there will be a number of people handling that."

But she took a swipe at the press corps that new press secretary will face as well.

"I think the skeptical, the hostile press will continue the way they have, frankly, in this last five weeks since he got elected," she said. "And I think many of them are election deniers still fighting the last war, still thinking we’re in the permanent campaign."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/kellyanne-conway-turned-down-white-house/2016/12/12/id/763562/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »
Good.  I think Laura Ingraham would be better for this position.  Conway should just serve as a senior advisor. 

Kellyanne Conway: I Turned Down WH Press Secretary Job
By Cathy Burke   |    Monday, 12 Dec 2016

President-elect Donald Trump's senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said Monday she'd been offered the job of the White House press secretary, but "politely" turned it down.

In an interview aired Monday on "The Hugh Hewitt Show," the former Trump campaign manager agreed with Hewitt's observation that Trump "is his own best spokesman."

"I have politely declined that job," she said. "I think it’s an incredibly important position to fill. And I know that there will be a qualified man or woman who takes that position and does an excellent job for President Trump and Vice President Pence."

"As you can imagine, if it’s President Trump’s administration, communications will be a very important aspect of it. And there will be a number of people handling that."

But she took a swipe at the press corps that new press secretary will face as well.

"I think the skeptical, the hostile press will continue the way they have, frankly, in this last five weeks since he got elected," she said. "And I think many of them are election deniers still fighting the last war, still thinking we’re in the permanent campaign."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/kellyanne-conway-turned-down-white-house/2016/12/12/id/763562/

Has it occurred to any of you that never before (as best as this senior can remember) has the President Elect's cabinet choosing been such big news. I can hardly keep up with who is in and who is out. It seems to change on a daily basis. Recently, there have been a few folks who claim they've turned down Trump on his offers for a place in his cabinet. Whether this is true or not, we may never know. Heck they may not even have been offered a position and these are just face saving statements to the press. Help us if soon to be President Trump is so indecisive that he changes his mind on a daily basis.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »
Has it occurred to any of you that never before (as best as this senior can remember) has the President Elect's cabinet choosing been such big news. I can hardly keep up with who is in and who is out. It seems to change on a daily basis. Recently, there have been a few folks who claim they've turned down Trump on his offers for a place in his cabinet. Whether this is true or not, we may never know. Heck they may not even have been offered a position and these are just face saving statements to the press. Help us if soon to be President Trump is so indecisive that he changes his mind on a daily basis.

Probably a combination of Trump being a celebrity, him treating this like a show, the historic nature of his election, and the media wanting him to crash and burn so there is heightened media coverage. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »
Probably a combination of Trump being a celebrity, him treating this like a show, the historic nature of his election, and the media wanting him to crash and burn so there is heightened media coverage. 

See, this is why I keep conversing with you. These little nuggets of wisdom is what I was talking about in another post where I wrote, in essence, I appreciate you all's perspective on these matters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2016, 06:51:46 PM »
See, this is why I keep conversing with you. These little nuggets of wisdom is what I was talking about in another post where I wrote, in essence, I appreciate you all's perspective on these matters.

Thanks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2016, 05:40:21 PM »
Trump to pick Rep. Zinke, ex-SEAL, as Interior secretary
Published December 13, 2016 
FoxNews.com

President-elect Donald Trump intends to pick Montana Republican Rep. Ryan Zinke as secretary of the Interior, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday evening to Fox News.

Zinke is a first-term House member and a former Navy SEAL commander. 

Neither the Trump transition team nor Zinke has made a public statement. But Zinke reportedly has accepted the offer.

He was purportedly in the running with Washington Rep. Kathy McMorris Rogers, who met at least twice with Trump, a fellow Republican, in recent days.

McMorris Rogers has made no official statement either. But she posted a message late Tuesday on her Facebook page that suggested she will remain on Capitol Hill as part of House Speaker Paul Ryan’s leadership team.

“It was an honor to be invited to spend time with the President-elect, and I’m energized more than ever to continue leading in Congress as we think big, reimagine this government, and put people back at the center of it,” McMorris Rogers wrote.

Zinke was an early Trump supporter and serves on the House’s Natural Resources Committee. He met Monday with Trump in New York.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/13/trump-to-pick-rep-zinke-ex-seal-as-interior-secretary.html