Author Topic: rediculous chest  (Read 15555 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
rediculous chest
« on: December 16, 2005, 08:16:36 PM »
i know these pics have probably been seen a million times, but even in this day and age, even after seeing countless pic of the largest modern pros, these arnold chest shots still blow me away eveytime i see them.
this chest has never been matched; besides having the biggest rib cage, his pecs covered half his torso also

Loomis

• Getbig III
Re: rediculous chest
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 09:46:40 PM »
Arnold was one of a kind. He had both a pleasing look and freakish mass, without looking unhealthy or unattainable. He looked HUGE at 6'2" 235lbs.

619Rules

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 09:51:37 PM »
Arnold was one of a kind. He had both a pleasing look and freakish mass, without looking unhealthy or unattainable. He looked HUGE at 6'2" 235lbs.

Arnie needed more mass.........

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 08:41:09 AM »
monster triceps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 03:16:38 PM »
Arnie needed more mass.........
He needed more delts in the first pic :o
[img]http://ima

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 06:38:25 PM »
Nobody ever calls Arnold on what is obviously site-injection use in his chest and biceps. They DID have that stuff back then. Sorry to "out" Arnold. He's not a sacred cow.
"Shut the F up and train"

619Rules

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 06:57:39 PM »
Nobody ever calls Arnold on what is obviously site-injection use in his chest and biceps. They DID have that stuff back then. Sorry to "out" Arnold. He's not a sacred cow.

Now that was the funny!

Bouldershoulders

• Getbig II
  • Invinsible!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 10:46:57 PM »
well then arnie must have been doing site injections since he was like 19 cause hes always had a big chest....but then the cruel hand of time came in
Lift To The Sky

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 11:35:53 PM »
well then arnie must have been doing site injections since he was like 19 cause hes always had a big chest....but then the cruel hand of time came in

It's called getting old and not training. Give him a fucking break. He's still the greatest and pioneer of our sport.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 10:08:28 AM »
I wonder what Arnold could look like if he decided to get back in the game

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 10:20:25 AM »

You can only claim to "out" someone with any credibility if you were actually there and witnessed it yourself or at the very least talked to someone else who was a first hand witness.

So, were you there or do you have a first hand witness?

And btw, that was indeed a ridiculous chest.

Lies, damn lies and diets

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »
I highly doubt and pretty sure he nor any of the bigger names back then did any site injections.  Sorry but back then we liked to lift and go to the gym and work hard.  They definitely had their shortcuts but nothing like they do today.  Back then it wasn't who did the most roids win.  We actually loved to lift and allot of guys lifted together.  You think if Arnold or any of the bigger names did something like site injections that someone wouldn't have pointed it out back then.  See nowadays it is a normal thing to use as much shit as you can to get your body huge, so it is no big thing today since EVERYONE does it.  Back then everyone did it too but nothing like today.  As much as Mentzer hated Arnold did he ever say Arnold did site injections.  Back then I think if they did anything like that and was a big name, they would be somewhat embarrased if caught doing it.  Today, it is an everyday thing.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »
that chest is just unbelivable.
bodybuildersreality.com

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 12:13:33 PM »
Arnold looked good in T3 (if that wasn't doctored up)

Bouldershoulders

• Getbig II
  • Invinsible!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 01:41:26 PM »
It's called getting old and not training. Give him a fucking break. He's still the greatest and pioneer of our sport.
i wasnt bashing arnold, i look up to that guy i'm just saying its such a shame that thats what happens even to great bodybuildiers...i dont wanna get old  :'(
Lift To The Sky

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »
Arnold looked good in T3 (if that wasn't doctored up)
yeah he did no i don't think it was.....i read lots of articles that featured his training for the film.
bodybuildersreality.com

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
i wasnt bashing arnold, i look up to that guy i'm just saying its such a shame that thats what happens even to great bodybuildiers...i dont wanna get old  :'(

Agree with you there. Getting old is a bitch.   :-\

But look on the bright side, old folks do get away with breaking wind more than younger people. It's expected.  ;D
Lies, damn lies and diets

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »

Nah dude, relax, look at Zane and Beckles! They still train and look good for old dudes. All I was saying is he is old and  doesn't train, therefore he looks like shit. Hell, I'm 25 and my training partner is 42, and he looks better than me and most other guys in the gym!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 07:47:31 PM »
yeah some older guys still look really good.
bodybuildersreality.com

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 07:07:47 AM »
fuck... that's fucked up

bouldershoulders posted a pic of Arnold RECOVERING FROM OPEN FUCKING HEART SURGERY and considers it proof that Arnold used synthol or some shit...

yes he juiced... all top pros will always juice (and should be allowed to with docs advice) but the foundation of all bodybuilding in the US should be cut some slack after they crack his chest

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 05:43:56 PM »
Just to put the much posted "old man" picture of Arnold into perspective:
When I was 27 , I came down with severe appendicitis that required a 10 day hospital stay. In those 10 days, I lost 17 pounds and had trouble walking when I got out. I needed to use a cane! My wife joked that I looked like an old man. At the time I was a competitive bicycle racer, at an extremely low bodyfat level. I finished top ten in a 100 mile race the week before the hospitalization. A month after, I struggled finishing a 25 mile event, very near last.
Now crack open your chest, put in some valves and get told that you shouldn't do anything strenuous for about 3 months. It takes a major toll on your body in a very short time.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 06:35:34 PM »
f**k... that's fucked up
bouldershoulders posted a pic of Arnold RECOVERING FROM OPEN FUCKING HEART SURGERY and considers it proof that Arnold used synthol or some shit...

When they say site injections, they are not refering to synthol.  They are refering to injecting AAS into a muscle group...like bi's or chest.   Synthol was not on the scene in Arnold's days....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 08:05:24 PM »
I know we didn't have synthol but I do think escaline was around.  Not sure on spelling

Glowboy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 09:40:51 AM »
     This goes back a bit, but if anyone remembers a real impressive bodybuilder named Tony Silipini you know he had an outstanding chest.  He won the best chest subdivision in the 1953 and 1955 AAU Mr. America competitions.  I think he also won best legs at the 1953 competition.  Tremendous all around physique, but his chest was in a class with the very best of any era. 

kt007

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 08:37:54 PM »
Arnold was great and unbelievable.  How many of us were inspired by the man himself.  Freak of his time.  To say how would he do today is like saying bring back Roger Staubach or Bob Cousey  they lead the way for the next generation and with all sports people improve upon it.  To even say that Arnold's chest was rediculous is saying alot even by todays standards.  I still love to watch Pumping Iron.  Very motivational.
kt