Author Topic: Tim Fogarty - Missing in Action?  (Read 17010 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Tim Fogarty - Missing in Action?
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 02:58:14 PM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2016, 04:11:59 AM »
why did you stop posting?

you put on any new muscle?

E

No sir.  I'm still 170-lb.  My strength is still around what it was before.  I did this two days ago, just for fun to see where I was at - anyone reading, feel free to add me on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/mattcanning1/videos/vb.512655848/10154011684160849

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2016, 04:52:31 AM »
No sir.  I'm still 170-lb.  My strength is still around what it was before.  I did this two days ago, just for fun to see where I was at - anyone reading, feel free to add me on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/mattcanning1/videos/vb.512655848/10154011684160849

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2016, 08:54:54 AM »

LOL.  I recall someone said I looked like Adam Sandler once.  ;D :-X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2016, 08:59:59 AM »
You look more like Chael Sonnen

Fandangle

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2016, 12:01:03 PM »
No sir.  I'm still 170-lb.

r u not embarrassed?  

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2016, 02:01:41 PM »
You're such a creepy strongman, Matt.
How can a good looking person emanate such insidious weirdness... are you Troudeau's son and is it because it's 2015?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »
Matt is a cool guy, always liked his interviews.

Matt with Big Ron
Q

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2016, 11:06:42 PM »
r u not embarrassed?  

Heh.  That was at Motors & Muscles in August!  It is an intermediate strongman contest which is a step below Ontario's Strongest Man.  I felt it was out of my league, but I was invited by a local top strongman, Benhard Thompson.  Ben is a top 10 provincial competitor who competed at Giants Live North America this year, and it was a huge honour for him to personally invite me to compete.  Keep in mind that the average competitor body weight of the other competitors was 245.  I was floored when he invited me to compete - especially given that I was 170 and had basically gone vegan in August.

I blame my shoes for that slip, flipping that tire.  The grip was horrible, and had I thought of that, I would have bought a better pair of shoes for the contest.  That tire weighs 950-lb and is the second heaviest tire in Thunder Bay that is currently in active use.  The heaviest tire weighs 1100-lb and I almost flipped it in 2014, when I temporarily brought my weight up to 185.  I think I could flip it today, but it would be a very tough flip, and likely take me 40 seconds to complete.

I was just super happy to at least flip the 950-lb tire once in contest this year.  As I see it, even one rep with a heavy implement is a win, especially for a contest that I felt was out of my league.

As I mentioned, it was a huge honour to have Ben personally invite me to compete in that contest.  His confidence in me kind of re-inspired me to train hard again, and I have been pretty consistent since September, and more or less at my strongest right now.

Right now I am pretty close to a 315/405/495 total.  It may not be the greatest total, but I'm happy with that at 170, and I can maintain that drug-free with a healthy diet providing I am consistent with my training.

Fandangle

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2016, 11:18:42 PM »
I was floored when he invited me to compete - especially given that I was 170 and had basically gone vegan in August.

Why would u want to be a vegan? eat some eggs at least.

where does your protein come from, and how do u feel on a vegan diet? have u noticed a decline in sex drive?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2016, 11:26:16 PM »
Matt is a cool guy, always liked his interviews.

Thank you for sharing those photos!

The server problems I was having with my website came to a head in 2012, and I simply could no longer deal with it.  I paid a useless firm $8,500 to resolve the matter for me with no luck.  I had spent ten years building BodybuildingPro, and I just didn't want to give up on it.  After spending that much money trying to resolve the server matters, I just figured, screw it.  I'm done.  At that time, my two children were ages two and three, and they were becoming more and more interactive.

What can I say?  I kind of left bodybuilding behind at the same time Matt T and Rich Piana were leaving humanity behind with MUTANT.  I still went to expos until 2014, but haven't been to a pro show since the 2014 Toronto Pro.

I admit...I do miss it.  It's just that I love my two kids and in August decided to start working on two more, back to back, just as my first two were back to back.  I do love the world of bodybuilding, but love being a dad even more.

I was secretly perusing Getbig on a daily basis since about Spring of 2013 though.  ;D  More on that later.

Here is another angle of the shot that got me into the sports section of the local news the day after Motors & Muscles.  ;D

The other picture is from the 8500-lb truck pull.  Only one guy completed the truck pull.  Even the Ontario Heavyweight CAASA champion André Pellerin didn't complete it.  He went on to place 2nd at the CAASA Nationals - that is the amateur nationals, not the pros.

Jake Di Paolo completed the pull.  He won his weight class at provincials.  I believe his class was the 200 to 230 class.  We have a lot of good guys in Thunder Bay!

Also, check out my right biceps in the truck pull photo.  Notice how high my biceps inserts?  It's nowhere close to my elbow joint!  Knowing what I know and see about my physique today, I would never have thought muscle-building was something I was suited towards.  I am happy we have a more active strongman scene than bodybuilding scene in Thunder Bay, since I find my genetics for strength are much better than for building muscle.  I sometimes wish I wasn't such a wuss when it comes to my health concerns, but loving my children so much, I want to be with them for a long time, which is why I am resigned to stay at 170-lb, even though it limits my strength.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2016, 11:34:13 PM »
Why would u want to be a vegan? eat some eggs at least.

You know - the videos that Vegan Gains made about ethics and animal rights really got to me.  Since capitalism is based on being efficient, I have no reason to believe that animals are treated well in farms.  If I could get some assurances to the contrary, I would feel differently.  A friend of mine told me that cows are pretty stupid, but my understanding is that pigs are smarter than dogs.  It just made me think, and made me reevaluate my thoughts on eating meat.  Animals are sentient beings after all.  :( :-\

Vegan Gains even stated that producing eggs is unethical, and explained his reasoning.  He is a smart guy, and his videos influenced me.

I have since - inadvertently - stopped watching Vegan Gains' videos and have been eating more meat, and got my weight back into the 170s again, from a low of 158 in July, where it was a struggle to bench press 300.

where does your protein come from, and how do u feel on a vegan diet? have u noticed a decline in sex drive?

Great questions.  I was literally eating berries only in July!  Well - almost.  I was getting next to no protein.  Definitely no more than 50 or so grams per day.  At 158, I was thrilled to see I could still flip the 950-lb tire.  So when I got back to 170 in July, I was more confident about that, so when the promoter of Motors & Muscles invited me to compete, I couldn't turn it down.  That was a major compliment coming from a competitor at his level.

I didn't notice much of a difference in sex drive, but I was definitely not as strong.  That being said, I kind of felt more clear-headed and sort of "clean" feeling, if that makes any sense.  Even though I normally feel very good, those good feelings were amplified on a vegan diet.

I can accept comments that veganism makes a person healthy, but it's annoying when vegans cherry-pick some Olympic lifting vegan and claim veganism is conducive to being strong.  ::)  I can tell you, I was definitely weaker when I followed a mostly vegan diet for a while there in the summer.  I felt great, but I was not that strong.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2017, 05:36:04 PM »
Where is Tim?

???

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2017, 06:40:18 PM »
Where is Tim?

???
Trump-related coma

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »
Where is Tim?

???

Twitter. Election seems to have taken the fight out of him.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2017, 07:03:58 PM »
Tim Fogarty and 240isback will be back with a vengeance on getbig, totally owning everyone about politics!!
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:59 PM »
Tim Fogarty and 240isback will be back with a vengeance on getbig, totally owning everyone about politics!!

Yes, just like before. Btw, 240 never left

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2017, 07:34:06 PM »
Yes, just like before. Btw, 240 never left

Whose gimmick is he?
X

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2017, 07:36:02 PM »
Whose gimmick is he?
You're going to find this really surprising but his gimmick is "Coach is Back!"

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2017, 07:38:16 PM »
Great to see Getbig legend, Matt C back in the mix!
Air Falcon

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2017, 07:43:54 PM »
Tim's a good dude.  He should drop back in to let us know he's OK.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »

No.

No.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »
You're going to find this really surprising but his gimmick is "Coach is Back!"

Then whose gimmick is Coachisback?
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2017, 08:13:31 PM »

Agreed. His views are obviously drastically different than many people here, but overall, he seems like a good dude.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »
Whose gimmick is he?

Don't know. But there are few that have came, stayed for while, left then another takes its place. But you don't post continuously almost all day and night for all of those years and run a post count up (including other names he's used) to probably 300k posts and all of the sudden leave. Either he got knocked off by Killary or he's posting as a gimmick. There is no in between. He hasn't posted under his own name since October