Author Topic: Challenge to Chick/Solomon: Put Wayne DeMilia on the Radio Show  (Read 18502 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: Challenge to Chick/Solomon: Put Wayne DeMilia on the Radio Show
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2006, 10:05:56 PM »

...and you're a guy wasting his time on a bodybuilding board, talking about IFBB pro's.

Maybe it's time to take a good look at your life...
rather than wasting your time on a bodybuilding board and being a 8washedup never-was*  ifbb pro? lol
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
A SOLOMON-LIKE SOLUTION
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
This thread is pretty damn funny. At least in the beginning it was...when Bob was snapping back and forth like a baby turtle.

But in this case my friends, I'm going to have to side with Bob. The fact is, everything you want to know about the PDI has already been discussed in the Mayhem podcast. The only news that interests 99% of us is the WHO part. And like Bob said, if Wayne is ready to NAME NAMES, he'd be a good person to have on the show. But until then, why would the interview be any different than the one he already did?

SO HERE'S THE SOLUTION: Bob should send Wayne an open invitation to be on the show with the understanding that Wayne will provide the names of the IFBB athletes jumping to the PDI. Leave the date blank and let Wayne fill it in, because only Wayne knows when he is ready to tell us the WHO. That way, Wayne can pick the date, Bob can pick the questions, and we can all pick our noses while we listen.

All in agreement, say AYE!

Special "King Solomon" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2006, 04:08:23 AM »
Sounds like a fair enough deal.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: A SOLOMON-LIKE SOLUTION
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2006, 04:48:32 AM »
But in this case my friends, I'm going to have to side with Bob. The fact is, everything you want to know about the PDI has already been discussed in the Mayhem podcast. The only news that interests 99% of us is the WHO part. And like Bob said, if Wayne is ready to NAME NAMES, he'd be a good person to have on the show. But until then, why would the interview be any different than the one he already did?

All in agreement, say AYE!

AYE - Special "voice of reason" Ed.
Elevate Your Image.™

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2006, 05:58:12 AM »
oh yeah, that interview with david henry was a real breakthrough in journalism wasn't it?

LifterChick

« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2006, 06:05:01 AM »
That is really starting to creep me out. Why would Bob talk so much this late at night if he has so many hot broads?

Bob has one Chick.  Chic's Chick and I'm jealous. 
Stalking maybe? hmmm.  Since he's in Cali and I'm in Canada the commute would kill me, so I guess they're safe

;D ;D

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2006, 09:37:04 AM »
whats your point?

As I've stated 100 times now......

When Wayne has something to talk about, I have no problem with him as a guest.

get your facts straight boys.

the facts are:
1) Wayne has a new federation
2) Bob will not interview him as it is not politically correct for him to promote a new federation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »
the facts are:
1) Wayne has a new federation
2) Bob will not interview him as it is not politically correct for him to promote a new federation.

If Bob represented the IFBB, it would not be politically correct.

But Bob is the ATHLETE'S rep.  THe PSI is a place claiming to offer 120,000+ of prize money to ATHLETES.

It is no problem, politically, if he indeed represents the athletes.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2006, 03:38:15 PM »
I think my proposal was reasonable. Bob and Dan agree to put Wayne on as soon as he agrees to name NAMES. Fair to everyone.

Special "Big Hair and Balanced" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2006, 03:44:18 PM »
I think my proposal was reasonable. Bob and Dan agree to put Wayne on as soon as he agrees to name NAMES. Fair to everyone.

Special "Big Hair and Balanced" Ed

Great idea. Only problem is that all we'll read here for the next 20 years is "Hey Bob, why won't you put Wayne on the show?"

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2006, 03:54:08 PM »
Kev,

Let's be real. Eventually Wayne will have to reveal his cards if he hopes to sell any tickets to his shows. There may be a few suckers who will buy NOC tickets without knowing if the competitors will be Priest, Taylor, and Schlierkamp or London, Nottingham, and Liverpool, but not enough for Wayne to make money. Eventually, we all know he'll name NAMES.

Special "Kick My Horton" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2006, 04:30:49 PM »
If Bob represented the IFBB, it would not be politically correct.

But Bob is the ATHLETE'S rep.  THe PSI is a place claiming to offer 120,000+ of prize money to ATHLETES.

It is no problem, politically, if he indeed represents the athletes.

I think the description of the title is that he represents the athletes to the IFBB. Meaning the intent of the title is that the athletes have a voice the represents them within the IFBB.

The title is not the athletes rep to the world at large. That would be an incorrect interpretation of the term.

It was “alleged” (through some very reliable industry sources) that when Wayne left the IFBB he was earning well in excess of $300k a year from the organization. This at a time when the athletes were getting little (not that it’s improved much since then). At the 2002 Olympia, before there ever was an athletes rep (before Shawn and before Chick) Bob stood up and asked why the non-placing athletes made less at the show than the parking attendants (he worded it in a more politically correct fashion). Wayne told Bob that “this is not the forum for that kind of discussion” or words to that effect (basically he was saying we are the bosses so sit down shut the f*ck up and don’t rock the boat).

Several pros came up to Bob afterward and told him they agreed (of course not one would make themselves visible with those statements). I was standing there so I know this to be factual. 

Now all of a sudden everyone is acting like Wayne is going to do something great for bodybuilding and the athletes. The good thing is that the monopoly will be “broken up” and the athletes will have another choice but I don’t think Wayne has the athletes best interest in mind any more than the IFBB has. But in fact competition may lead to a better deal for the athletes. 

The entire industry has made whores out of the very people who make up the sport. The tragedy is only a handful of them had the common sense to market themselves in a way that allows them to earn a decent living in spite of what the IFBB or any other organization says or does or to get out entirely and quit beating a dead horse.

Sorry about using the evil word “athletes”, I just couldn’t help myself. 
and keep moving!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »
Ah who cares let them screw me they have for years.But i will sign on for NOC AND OLYMPIA and see what happens.Its a free world its against the law to stop someone making a living from thier job.

There you have it, Bob.

Lee is coming out.  You going to invite Wayne on the show now?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2006, 07:34:24 PM »
4.3 million reasons to lie.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2006, 08:14:07 PM »
Max, I beleive every word you said.  But I also think that Wayne too had to answer to Weiners.  He did have superiors.  In the PDI he has no one to answer too.  He himself will make the decisions.  No Weiners or Manion telling him what to do.  You have Waynes number call him and you can hear how he really wants to make this happen for the better of the athletes.  He is only charging promters $10,000 to sanction a show.  The promoters are required to fly and put up a minimum number of competitors and hopefully soon it will be all. Wayne was the President but he had to still do what Benny told him to do

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2006, 10:32:59 PM »
Max, I beleive every word you said.  But I also think that Wayne too had to answer to Weiners.  He did have superiors.  In the PDI he has no one to answer too.  He himself will make the decisions.  No Weiners or Manion telling him what to do.  You have Waynes number call him and you can hear how he really wants to make this happen for the better of the athletes.  He is only charging promters $10,000 to sanction a show.  The promoters are required to fly and put up a minimum number of competitors and hopefully soon it will be all. Wayne was the President but he had to still do what Benny told him to do

Why doesn't this logic apply to Manion as well then? He's the prez, but has to answer to ben...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2006, 02:30:34 AM »
Cause Manion and Ben Weider think the same.  They both think of themselves and don't care who they f**k along the way. They are the perfect match.  Whenever Benny calls Jimmy to tell him not to do something or go ahead and do it if it is going to screw someone and make us money, Jimmy says "I am way ahead of you Dad".

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »
If any of you are in the Jersey area rumor has it that Wayne will be at The Strong and Shapely Gym on Saturday
April 1. around noon time. This might be a good time to ask him some questions about PDI. I think he might be doing an interview for one of the mags.

Insider Z

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »
Why doesn't this logic apply to Manion as well then? He's the prez, but has to answer to ben...

Because Manion is also the boss of NPC.
Do you see the slight conflict of interests of this situation?
He is the Vice President for the Pro but he is the "owner" of the biggets supplier of athletes of the IFBB Pro section.
Many pro judges, and I have proof of that, have been approached by your present daddy, even during the judging, with a soft whisper for a very good attention to certain athletes who, what a surprise!, were part of his group.
Just for your own sake, Chick, feel happy to be the athletes' rep but do not pretend to talk about what you don't know.

Insider Z
Insider Z

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2006, 01:36:59 PM »
Because Manion is also the boss of NPC.
Do you see the slight conflict of interests of this situation?
He is the Vice President for the Pro but he is the "owner" of the biggets supplier of athletes of the IFBB Pro section.
Many pro judges, and I have proof of that, have been approached by your present daddy, even during the judging, with a soft whisper for a very good attention to certain athletes who, what a surprise!, were part of his group.
Just for your own sake, Chick, feel happy to be the athletes' rep but do not pretend to talk about what you don't know.

Insider Z

Good point. Jim also thinks that that NPC can stand alone. Meaning if the IFBB folds, he thinks that the NPC will still survive. He has a good point.  I don't think that he is doing much answering to Ben at the moment.