Author Topic: Mass hysteria in Peru after a false Facebook rumour  (Read 3283 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Mass hysteria in Peru after a false Facebook rumour
« on: December 02, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »
This is why Peru is still and undeveloped country. People tried to burn alive 2 pollsters after reading false news on Facebook.  ::)

One dead in Peru after angry mob tries to lynch poll workers

LIMA, Dec 2 (Reuters) - One woman was killed and some forty people were arrested in a Peruvian shantytown after an angry mob tried to lynch two poll workers who residents believed were butchering local children to take their organs, a police official said on Friday.

Police General Hugo Begazo said false rumors on social media claiming dead children had been found with their organs missing fanned mass hysteria in the shantytown Huaycan on the outskirts of Lima, prompting residents to target two employees of a polling company who had been conducting door-to-door marketing surveys.

Police managed to pry the poll workers unharmed from the mob, which then attacked the police station in Huaycan where they were being held for protection, Begazo said.

Police are investigating the death of a Huaycan woman who died from a bullet wound following the unrest, Begazo said.
TV images of the clashes showed police launching tear gas at a crowd and firing bullets in the air as people ran screaming and men threw rocks and wielded sticks.

Begazo said more than a dozen police were injured and that some Huaycan residents threw Molotov cocktails at the police station and set fire to cars parked nearby.

Peru's interior minister, Carlos Basombrio, called the organ trafficking rumors "irresponsible" and designed to instill fear.
"Those spreading this information will pay the consequences," Basombrio said, without offering specifics. "There have been no reports of organ trafficking. This information is false."

One Facebook post warned Huaycan residents to keep their children safe after the arrival of "pishtacos," a monster in Andean folklore known for killing people to extract their fat.

In 2009, Peruvian police described a group of "pishtacos" who were killing people in the jungle to sell their fat for use in cosmetics - a claim police later admitted was false.

The clashes in Huaycan underscore the deep mistrust that often exists between the police and residents of crime-ridden poor districts that lack running water and paved roads.

Begazo said that some residents believe the police are covering up an organ trafficking ring, accusing them of hiding the dead bodies of children in the police station.
(Reporting By Mitra Taj and Reuters TV; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3994736/One-dead-Peru-angry-mob-tries-lynch-poll-workers.html#ixzz4RjQgK7tl

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Mass hysteria in Peru after a false Facebook rumour
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »
 "pishtacos" the best are in san diego

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »
Is that really the reason they're undeveloped country, not something else?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
Is that really the reason they're undeveloped country, not something else?

What else? They're dumb as stones. How can they do anything useful for nation building?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 05:10:02 PM »
Uneducated people.

Or maybe lazy?

They didn't even have the energy to check the sources first before killing people! Crazy!

Always check the source first and foremost regarding facebook-links!

Not everything on the Internets is true! (That goes out to you Flat-Earthers!)
Q

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
Uneducated people.
Or maybe lazy?

Uneducable, and lazy!

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »
Speaking as an educated person - education can be over-rated.  Just look at the fools coming out of universities today.

I would say their failure as a society is largely "intelligence" based.  I won't even bother checking the average Peruvian IQ because I am confident it is low.

Ψ

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 09:58:40 PM »
What kind of cut-rate organ broker trades in spanish spares? 

Come on.  It's your new liver.  Don't skimp. 

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 10:01:10 PM »
What kind of cut-rate organ broker trades in spanish spares? 

Come on.  It's your new liver.  Don't skimp. 

Chinga a Tu Madre Pendejo!!...Do We Skimp Now, Pinche Mamon!....(Look It Up If You Can, Gringo?)....

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 10:03:27 PM »
Chinga a Tu Madre Pendejo!!...Do We Skimp Now, Pinche Mamon!....(Look It Up If You Can, Gringo?)....

I'm didn't mean to imply that spanish parts weren't perfectly acceptable for spanish people.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 10:45:23 PM »
I'm didn't mean to imply that spanish parts weren't perfectly acceptable for spanish people.

Gotcha!!... By the looks of It, You ain't a pinche Gringo mama Verga...That's Compelling!!....(Sigh)... ;D

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 12:11:47 AM »
Speaking as an educated person - education can be over-rated.  Just look at the fools coming out of universities today.

I would say their failure as a society is largely "intelligence" based.  I won't even bother checking the average Peruvian IQ because I am confident it is low.

Educated man doesn't check facts. Soon you will be trying to kill people for something written on getbig.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 01:06:12 AM »
You Americans should be so grateful that you were settled by people with Anglo Saxon values and not Latin.

Everywhere the Southern Europeans have been the dominant force is a cesspool.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 01:06:51 AM »
Educated man doesn't check facts. Soon you will be trying to kill people for something written on getbig.

Actually, I already knew the facts.  I was just being humble.  If you read my previous posts you will see I already know the IQ in that geographic region.

Of course never be humble around a deceitful libtard - they will use ANYTHING against you that they can.

Ψ

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »
You Americans should be so grateful that you were settled by people with Anglo Saxon values and not Latin.

Everywhere the Southern Europeans have been the dominant force is a cesspool.

Southern Italians have unfortunately been mass raped by negros and arabs - that is why they are less intelligent.
Ψ

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 05:24:49 AM »
That sort of sensless kiling would never happen in a develloped country like 'murica.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 05:30:03 AM »

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 05:59:32 AM »
That sort of sensless kiling would never happen in a develloped country like 'murica.

I see what you did there.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 07:02:25 AM »
What else? They're dumb as stones. How can they do anything useful for nation building?

:D

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 08:21:04 AM »
It's on the internet, so it has to be true.  Right?   ???