Author Topic: Brits in American life  (Read 4589 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Brits in American life
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »
Whoever he is, he looks like a Telletubbie.

That's Trevor Noah.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
We should all be much more concerned that Navy Mike was driving around with a handicapped sticker while leg pressing 1000 pounds.
X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
That opinion is due to British men being represented by fags like Hugh grant and the like, the typical northern man who actually grafts for a living makes your average fat lazy Workshy American bloke look like a fucking neutered pussy

Hmm.  A little local bias there.  There's workers and slackers anywhere.  Hell, I met a family in Newcastle and not one of the 'kids' (pushing 25 at the time, all living at home) would get a job.  Pop was in the oil game in Dubai so brought home some bacon but they were basically middle class.  It's not like there was money enough to sit on their ass and never worry.  The one son, all he'd do was ride around on his mountain bike until he fell off and broke something and add mods to his car, which was given to him.  A fucking mini cooper.  ::)  Excruciatingly cute.  Later he totaled it and his dad bought him a brand new one.  The mom waited on that kid hand & foot.  It was unreal.

They were nice folks.  Just bone fucking idle except for the dad.  Last I heard one of the daughters got abandoned at the altar and the son was all bent out of shape because he couldn't keep a woman around, couldn't keep a job, and had moved back to home.  He's got to be almost 40 by now.  If the dad could go back in time he'd grab that boy on school graduation day, give him a couple slaps, and say "Right.  Here's the new fookin' rules."

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 02:46:21 PM »
We should all be much more concerned that Navy Mike was driving around with a handicapped sticker while leg pressing 1000 pounds.

True.   ;D

Whatever became of him?

Back on topic...As a kid even I noticed that in all the gods and goddesses in film almost always had a British accent.  This fascination of America with that particular accent goes way back in film, so much so that many American actors and actresses of the 30s through the 50 would affect such an accent.  I suppose it lends an air of "class".

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »
Aren't British men a bit too gay for American taste?

That's why Hollywood loves them. Straight British men come off as gay to hetero American men. So Hollywood gets the best of both worlds. They get talented actors who help push their homo agenda to the masses without being homo...Hell didn't Hollywood just make James Bond 007 bisexual recently? Totally unnecessary but they fucking did it anyway.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »
Daniel Day Lewis,  who is English, is the best actor.
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 11:19:57 PM »
Hmm.  A little local bias there.  There's workers and slackers anywhere.  Hell, I met a family in Newcastle and not one of the 'kids' (pushing 25 at the time, all living at home) would get a job.  Pop was in the oil game in Dubai so brought home some bacon but they were basically middle class.  It's not like there was money enough to sit on their ass and never worry.  The one son, all he'd do was ride around on his mountain bike until he fell off and broke something and add mods to his car, which was given to him.  A fucking mini cooper.  ::)  Excruciatingly cute.  Later he totaled it and his dad bought him a brand new one.  The mom waited on that kid hand & foot.  It was unreal.

They were nice folks.  Just bone fucking idle except for the dad.  Last I heard one of the daughters got abandoned at the altar and the son was all bent out of shape because he couldn't keep a woman around, couldn't keep a job, and had moved back to home.  He's got to be almost 40 by now.  If the dad could go back in time he'd grab that boy on school graduation day, give him a couple slaps, and say "Right.  Here's the new fookin' rules."
Fair point mate I know a few people that are lazy bastards I've got lifelong fiends that if you add up their time grafting haven't worked a full year since we left school and were 33 now.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2016, 11:28:54 PM »
SCOTTISH>>>>>>english

met some tough Scots and plenty of shithead english

i'll take the Scots anyday

Yeah..jocks are that tough they have to have their university fees, drug prescription and care home costs subsidised by the English...lol.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2016, 11:44:53 PM »
Fair point mate I know a few people that are lazy bastards I've got lifelong fiends that if you add up their time grafting haven't worked a full year since we left school and were 33 now.

It's like a princess syndrome with some of these guys.  If they can't have their [totally unrealistic] dream job then they won't take anything.  Others are just full of shit.  Listening to them talk about looking so determinedly for work is like hearing a fatty talk about how strict she is with her diet.  Yeah right.

I've known 'em.  Always going wrong and leaching what they can.  I didn't sever ties harshly but I made a point of being less and less available.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 01:41:58 AM »
It's like a princess syndrome with some of these guys.  If they can't have their [totally unrealistic] dream job then they won't take anything.  Others are just full of shit.  Listening to them talk about looking so determinedly for work is like hearing a fatty talk about how strict she is with her diet.  Yeah right.

I've known 'em.  Always going wrong and leaching what they can.  I didn't sever ties harshly but I made a point of being less and less available.

Usualy if you come from a working house you take example, my dad worked every hr going and it usualy rubs off on you. The poor fuckers who come from 3 generations of dole bums have no chance, if they do well they are an exception. They should neuter the lazy bastards, nothing good will come from 99% of them, all they do is breed and hold there hacky lazy hands out for dole money...

What bassyG points to is the northen lads still work in men's industries, we are all horrible cruel bastards, a southern office dweller would leave in floods of tears screaming about bullying as would most faggy Americans, altho I'm aware parts of US have the same backgrounds and similar people

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 02:35:08 AM »
Usualy if you come from a working house you take example, my dad worked every hr going and it usualy rubs off on you. The poor fuckers who come from 3 generations of dole bums have no chance, if they do well they are an exception. They should neuter the lazy bastards, nothing good will come from 99% of them, all they do is breed and hold there hacky lazy hands out for dole money...

What bassyG points to is the northen lads still work in men's industries, we are all horrible cruel bastards, a southern office dweller would leave in floods of tears screaming about bullying as would most faggy Americans, altho I'm aware parts of US have the same backgrounds and similar people

Interesting.  I did some shop fits in Edinburgh and found the local tradesmen to be a sort of feminized version of Richard Simmons.  They lispisly warned me, however, that I would never survive Glasgow.  ;D

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 06:57:39 AM »
I have to problem with anyone coming here legally to make a living.

My BEEF is with the apparent absence of Americans that could fill those roles. We are made to believe that there are no qualified Americans to do the jobs these Brits are taking, but we all know the laws of probability, not gossip, make that an intensely absurd comment.

The American male is under cultural attack and its roles are now being filled by half-faggs from Australia or Britain like Craig, Jackman, et cetera.

Honestly who do we have in the 20-30 something crowd? A bunch of pansy homos, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Copper,  etc; garbage. Long gone are the men of men actors like Pesci, DeNiro, Pacino, Hopkins

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 09:10:27 AM »

Most people want to do as little as possible to draw a good wage these days, the sense of pride that comes from providing for your family is long gone, 'men' are no longer ashamed of being kept by benefits, personally I'd be deeply ashamed but some seem to embrace it.

Also Many men just Aren't capable of work these days,I'm sure You've probably seen the same thing being in the building game yourself, you take a new lad to labour for you who's "desperate for work" and the fuckers as much use as a wire mesh and he is relieved when you say he's not needed again. Had one lad i left on a job filled two wheelie bins with bricks rather than put them in the skip, then never turned up for two days and his mam rang me saying hed been ill but was ready for work again for fucks sake

Glad I'm out of that game for the time being as finding a good labourer was like fucking gold dust in the end

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 09:20:45 AM »
Most people want to do as little as possible to draw a good wage these days, the sense of pride that comes from providing for your family is long gone, 'men' are no longer ashamed of being kept by benefits, personally I'd be deeply ashamed but some seem to embrace it.

Also Many men just Aren't capable of work these days,I'm sure You've probably seen the same thing being in the building game yourself, you take a new lad to labour for you who's "desperate for work" and the fuckers as much use as a wire mesh and he is relieved when you say he's not needed again. Had one lad i left on a job filled two wheelie bins with bricks rather than put them in the skip, then never turned up for two days and his mam rang me saying hed been ill but was ready for work again for fucks sake

Glad I'm out of that game for the time being as finding a good labourer was like fucking gold dust in the end

Sounds familiar:

How the Welfare State Corrupted Sweden | Mises Institute

https://mises.org/library/how-welfare-state-corrupted-sweden

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 09:23:33 AM »

Agree on both points, one of my good mates is a Workshy cu nt as are his 4 brothers, but growing up 4 of them lived with their mam who was the town slapper and fed them tiny portions for tea to save her dole money for drinking down the street at weekend, her bloke used to quickly scoff pie and chips from the chippy in the alley before going in the house as he knew his tea would be tiny, their dad didn't work ever either so never had they been set an example for working for a living.

The working place is true haha I laugh because I bet there's things both of us have done in the workplace that we dare not mention here for fear of looking an utter cu nt ha nothing is off limits, one thing a decent working bloke enjoys is hard graft and taking the piss out of some poor fucker

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 11:25:16 AM »
How about this guy? He isn't even a Brit but... who here can honestly tell me that there aren't any talented Americans capable of doing his job?

Why isn't ANYONE saying something about the apparent evil intent in signing this guy to a multi-year contract so that someone's cultural agenda is preserved?

I can give you five or six local comedians with way more comedic chops that this moron.

wtf,here we go now! always wonder what the ef he doing here commenting, gettting upset about US events/politics? Would this be akin to sending some lame Anmerican comic over to England to do same, someone like that guy who smashes watermelons on stage, Gallagher fella ???