Author Topic: Trump's proposed repeal of estate tax will help "us" out  (Read 1142 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Trump's proposed repeal of estate tax will help "us" out
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:23:42 PM »
If you're single and worth 5.45 million or married couple worth 10.9 mil, you're in luck.
Should you croak during Trump's presidency you won't have to pay tax on your estate.
Looks like he's proving once more that he's working hard for the avg working man.
The "us" in this case, is about 0.2% of estates and save us a projected 20 billion.
I'll bet this will impact most of us here at get big.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/estate-tax-repeal-under-trump-100000422.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Trump's proposed repeal of estate tax will help "us" out
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »
If you're single and worth 5.45 million or married couple worth 10.9 mil, you're in luck.
Should you croak during Trump's presidency you won't have to pay tax on your estate.
Looks like he's proving once more that he's working hard for the avg working man.
The "us" in this case, is about 0.2% of estates and save us a projected 20 billion.
I'll bet this will impact most of us here at get big.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/estate-tax-repeal-under-trump-100000422.
Most people who qualify for this get around it any number of ways. Only the people who qualify and don't know it or simply aren't informed about the law pay this.

At any rate I really don't think the govt should be taking 40% of anyone's money especially given that the money has already been taxed.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:55:03 AM »
Why is this a bad thing? We all pay taxes for everything our whole lives. But let .gov get its last pound of flesh when you die, fuck them.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »
Why is this a bad thing? We all pay taxes for everything our whole lives. But let .gov get its last pound of flesh when you die, fuck them.

This is the point that Howard doesn't get. Government is an inefficient allocator of resources. Just look at the recent report of waste at the Pentagon.

It's about not sucking money out the private sector and putting in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats.

The Government taking money from the wealthy might give some poor and working class people a feel good moment, but it isn't  gonna make their lives better.

Howard, you're retired. You don't have to regurgitate Liberal memes anymore. It's Getbig, not a Teacher's conference.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »

Kazan, when the government cuts taxes for one group of people, it has to balance the budget by raising taxes for other people.  That means you unless you're worth 5.4 million..... ::)
A

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 11:48:46 AM »

Kazan, when the government cuts taxes for one group of people, it has to balance the budget by raising taxes for other people.  That means you unless you're worth 5.4 million..... ::)

Bullshit, .gov takes in so much tax money from everything that is bought and sold, there is no reason for them to need to raise taxes, they need to spend on what they are constitutionally obligated too. I looked at my last paycheck, after this tax and that tax I bring home 57% of my gross, WTF! Then get taxed on every fucking thing that I buy with what I have left. No I don't have 5.4 million worth, but I do not believe that successful people should be punished, so .gov can piss it away on more worthless social programs.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »
so .gov can piss it away on more worthless social programs.

amen.
a

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 12:01:26 PM »

LMFAO does the idea of cutting spending even cross your mind?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 12:38:16 PM »
LMFAO does the idea of cutting spending even cross your mind?

Now that's just crazy talk, remember its for the children, or the elderly will be eating dog food. Any nonsensical alt left talking point will do
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 07:11:09 AM »
This is the point that Howard doesn't get. Government is an inefficient allocator of resources. Just look at the recent report of waste at the Pentagon.

It's about not sucking money out the private sector and putting in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats.

The Government taking money from the wealthy might give some poor and working class people a feel good moment, but it isn't  gonna make their lives better.

Howard, you're retired. You don't have to regurgitate Liberal memes anymore. It's Getbig, not a Teacher's conference.

I'm an independent, which means I've voted for BOTH republicans and dems over the past 40 years.
Hard core republicans call me a liberal and progressive liberals call me a conservative.

I can see the estate tax repeal from all sides. In my observation, this isn't what most of his voters got excited about.

Trump led the cheers of "lock her up" and how the  Wall street crowd couldn't be trusted, etc.
Now  he's elected and has no desire to go after Hillary. Plus, he's appointing and taking care of his wealthy, Wall street pals.
In other words, he doesn't give a rats ass about the average middle class working man.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »
I'm an independent, which means I've voted for BOTH republicans and dems over the past 40 years.
Hard core republicans call me a liberal and progressive liberals call me a conservative.

I can see the estate tax repeal from all sides. In my observation, this isn't what most of his voters got excited about.

Trump led the cheers of "lock her up" and how the  Wall street crowd couldn't be trusted, etc.
Now  he's elected and has no desire to go after Hillary. Plus, he's appointing and taking care of his wealthy, Wall street pals.
In other words, he doesn't give a rats ass about the average middle class working man.

And you think Hillary does? I have no idea how this left wing propaganda became "truth"

For example:
Chicago - Your kids are getting killed because the guns flood in from other states, here's your food, housing, education and healthcare.

Baltimore - You cannot get ahead because the white man doesn't pay enough taxes, here's your food, housing, education and healthcare.

Detroit - Your city is in shambles because of corporate greed and oh by the way, we can no longer afford to give you your food, housing, education and healthcare.

And the list goes on..... They are terrified that their constituency, whom they have convinced are socially inadequate will think for themselves and see the real problem. That their beloved leadership controls their sense of dignity to control their vote.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 08:42:48 AM »
And you think Hillary does? I have no idea how this left wing propaganda became "truth"

For example:
Chicago - Your kids are getting killed because the guns flood in from other states, here's your food, housing, education and healthcare.

Baltimore - You cannot get ahead because the white man doesn't pay enough taxes, here's your food, housing, education and healthcare.

Detroit - Your city is in shambles because of corporate greed and oh by the way, we can no longer afford to give you your food, housing, education and healthcare.

And the list goes on..... They are terrified that their constituency, whom they have convinced are socially inadequate will think for themselves and see the real problem. That their beloved leadership controls their sense of dignity to control their vote.

What you posted above was many of the dems talking points on race and related domestic issues.
It was meant to gain support of minorities and it alienated the white working class.
I only voted for one dem this election and it was Hildabeast.
I voted straight republican for senate, congress and state house, etc

Hillary made my cringe on a few issues but I feared Trump was an immature blow hard.
Plus, his Russian ties were pause for concern.