Author Topic: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?  (Read 152878 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2018, 06:35:57 PM »

Former New York Times Editor Carries ‘Little Plastic Obama Doll’ in Her Purse for ‘Comfort’

BY: David Rutz   Follow @DavidRutz
March 10, 2018

Former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson revealed in a column last week that she carries a plastic Barack Obama doll in her purse as a way to comfort herself in the Donald Trump era.

At the conclusion of a Guardian column expressing hope for a Democratic wave in 2018 and beyond in response to Trump, Abramson revealed the extent of her Obama fandom.

"It’s easy to look at what’s happening in Washington DC and despair," she wrote. "That’s why I carry a little plastic Obama doll in my purse. I pull him out every now and then to remind myself that the United States had a progressive, African American president until very recently. Some people find this strange, but you have to take comfort where you can find it in Donald Trump’s America."

Abramson also wrote in the piece it was "thrilling" to see the signs of a Trump rebellion beginning in Texas after Tuesday's primary results and pierce the GOP's hold on the south, where she said "religion, racism and love of guns have advantaged Republicans since Richard Nixon’s election in 1968."

Her conclusion was curious, given the night was a disappointment for Democrats who have long dreamed of Texas turning blue. Republican primary voters in the gubernatorial and Senate races far outpaced Democratic ones; Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas) got roughly twice as many primary votes as Democratic challenger Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D., Texas).

During her tenure as the New York Times‘ executive editor, Abramson often waved off accusations of its reporting having a liberal tilt. The first woman to have the job, she lasted from September 2011 until her firing in May 2014.

It is unclear when she purchased the Obama therapy doll.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/former-new-york-times-editor-carries-obama-doll-purse/

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
History is going to look incredibly kindly on President Obama. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »
I know right?  Already in the top ten and that's before half a term of the current retard.  Plus, Bush's wars and bungling of the middle east is going to reverberate for at least a century or two.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2018, 10:14:07 AM »
California Appoints Illegal Alien to State Office
by JOEL B. POLLAK
15 Mar 2018

California has its first illegal alien in state office, after Senate President pro Tem Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) appointed Lizbeth Mateo to the California Student Opportunity and Access Program Project Grant Advisory Committee.

Mateo, an attorney, was born in Mexico and came to the U.S. illegally at the age of 14 with her parents, who are also illegal aliens, according to the Sacramento Bee.

Lizbeth Mateo, Esq.
@LizbethMateo
In #lawschool I often wondered if I was fit to b in #lawjournal, #mootcourt bc not many ppl w/ my same background did. I always went for it bc even if I felt inadequate I thought I could add something of value. I hope to do the same w/ @StudentAidCommission. #undocumentedunafraid https://twitter.com/AraceliMartinez/status/974076293850447872

2:36 PM - Mar 14, 2018
See Lizbeth Mateo, Esq.'s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Lizbeth Mateo, Esq.
@LizbethMateo
Replying to @LizbethMateo
Thank you Sen. @kdeleon for appointing me to the CalSOAP Advisory Committee. I look forward to working w/ the rest of the committee & the Student Aid Commission in such important task - increase the accessibility of postsecondary education opportunities for low-income students.

2:44 PM - Mar 14, 2018
19 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

She complained that illegal aliens are not adequately represented in state government, and described her appointment as a step towards correcting that alleged injustice.

“While undocumented students have become more visible in our state, they remain underrepresented in places where decisions that affect them are being made,” Mateo said, as quoted by Fox News.

De León, who is running for U.S. Senate against incumbent Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), described Mateo as: “a courageous, determined and intelligent young woman who at great personal risk has dedicated herself to fight for those seeking their rightful place in this country,” according to Fox News.

Mateo, however, seems somewhat confused about which country she prefers.

In a Facebook post in 2016, apparently celebrating her graduation from Santa Clara University School of Law, Mateo declared, in Spanish: “[E]verything is dedicated to Oaxaca, Mexico!! to that land that I miss so much.”

While she is the first illegal alien to hold a state office, she is not the first elevated to public office in California. In 2015, the city council of Huntington Park, California, appointed two illegal aliens to city commissions, sparking a public backlash.

De León and other state officials are stoking an ongoing confrontation with the federal government over federal immigration laws.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/15/california-appoints-illegal-alien-state-office/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2018, 07:35:43 AM »
Code Pink Wants To Remove JROTC From Schools After Parkland Shooting
AMBER ATHEY
Media Reporter
03/14/2018

Progressive activist group CODEPINK is advocating for removing JROTC from schools after last month’s shooting in Parkland, Florida.

While students across the country participated in mass walkouts for gun control on Wednesday, CODEPINK tweeted that they want to remove JROTC and the NRA from schools, despite the fact that JROTC students saved lives during the shooting.

“We must pass gun laws, get JROTC and NRA out of our schools, and #DivestFromWar,” CODEPINK wrote.

Three JROTC students died during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, including Peter Wang, who was shot while holding a classroom door closed to protect his classmates. Wang was posthumously accepted to the U.S. Army West Point academy in recognition of his bravery and sacrifice. (RELATED: West Point Posthumously Accepts Fallen Parkland JRTOC Student)

Other JROTC members shielded their classmates with kevlar mats, risking their lives in the process.

Despite the courage shown by these students, CODEPINK marched Wednesday with the message of removing the JROTC program from schools.

CODEPINK
Verified account
@codepink
Follow Follow @codepink
More
Protect students not guns. The JROTC program is bringing guns and the NRA into our schools and into the hands of students. Keep guns and the NRA out of our schools. Sign here

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/14/code-pink-remove-jrotc-from-schools/

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2018, 04:16:41 AM »
 :-X
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2018, 12:49:34 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2018, 01:51:13 PM »

James

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2018, 06:56:25 AM »
Eric Holder, California to Sue Trump Admin Over Reinstating Citizenship To Census

The Trump administration announced Monday night it will be reinstating a citizenship question to the decennial census in 2020, prompting threats of lawsuits by prominent Democrats.

Former Obama Attorney General Eric Holder and California Attorney General Xavier Becerra separately announced they will file respective lawsuits to stop the citizenship question from being asked during the census.

Holder’s statement called the move by the Trump administration a “direct attack on our representative democracy.”

Becerra called the decision, “illegal.”

The Commerce Department, which oversees the census, issued a statement announcing the decision:

Today, the U.S. Department of Commerce announced that a question on citizenship status will be reinstated to the 2020 decennial census questionnaire to help enforce the Voting Rights Act (VRA).

https://bluntforcetruth.com/news/eric-holder-california-sue-trump-admin-reinstating-citizenship-question-census/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »
Eric Holder, California to Sue Trump Admin Over Reinstating Citizenship To Census

The Trump administration announced Monday night it will be reinstating a citizenship question to the decennial census in 2020, prompting threats of lawsuits by prominent Democrats.

Former Obama Attorney General Eric Holder and California Attorney General Xavier Becerra separately announced they will file respective lawsuits to stop the citizenship question from being asked during the census.

Holder’s statement called the move by the Trump administration a “direct attack on our representative democracy.”

Becerra called the decision, “illegal.”

The Commerce Department, which oversees the census, issued a statement announcing the decision:

Today, the U.S. Department of Commerce announced that a question on citizenship status will be reinstated to the 2020 decennial census questionnaire to help enforce the Voting Rights Act (VRA).

https://bluntforcetruth.com/news/eric-holder-california-sue-trump-admin-reinstating-citizenship-question-census/

Geeze.  I almost wish I never created this thread.  Reading this kind of crap causes me to lose hope in people.   :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2018, 11:34:48 AM »
Geeze.  I almost wish I never created this thread.  Reading this kind of crap causes me to lose hope in people.   :-\

There are a good few that are a lost cause - Their Mental illness has overtaken them.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2018, 04:22:43 AM »
 :D
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2018, 04:30:52 AM »
Activist lawyer burned himself to death to protest global warming

NYPost ^ | 4/14/18 | By Gwynne Hogan and Amanda Woods

Posted on 4/15/2018, 11:54:57

A “green” activist who was a pioneering lawyer for gay and transgender rights — including in the notorious “Boys Don’t Cry” rape murder case — committed suicide by setting himself on fire Saturday morning in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park in a grisly act of protest against the ecological destruction of the Earth.

David Buckel, 60, left behind a charred corpse and a typed suicide note that said he was burning himself to death using “fossil fuel” to reflect how mankind was likewise killing itself, police sources said.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »
Keith Ellison: 'Women are dying because we are losing elections'
The Hill ^ | 04/16/18 | Morgan Gstalter
Posted on 4/16/2018, 1:15:52 PM by Simon Green

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) is urging Democrats to the polls, saying “women are dying” because the left is losing elections.

The Democratic National Committee vice chairman spoke at a progressive training session on Friday and said the party needs to triumph at the ballot box for the sake of women's health.

“Women are dying because we are losing elections,” Ellison said. “We don’t have the right to lose a damn election. We have to win. We have to win.”

Maternal morality is rising in states like Missouri and Texas, Ellison said.

The United States has one of the highest rates of maternal deaths among wealthy and developed countries.

In 2013, there were 28 maternal deaths per 100,000 births in the United States.

Missouri has the one of the highest maternal death rates in the nation, with 19.9 deaths per 100,00 births in 2016.

That rate places Missouri on par with countries like Belize and worse than poorer countries like Moldova and Costa Rica, the Kansas City Star reported last December.

The leading causes of maternal death in Missouri are all cardiac-related. The state's high rates of smoking and obesity worsen those complications.

The risks are magnified if a woman doesn't see a doctor regularly during pregnancy, like the 17.5 percent of Missouri women who received no prenatal care during their first trimester, the Star reported.

Last month, Ellison urged Democrats to support single-payer healthcare.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »

A “green” activist who was a pioneering lawyer for gay and transgender rights — including in the notorious “Boys Don’t Cry” rape murder case — committed suicide by setting himself on fire Saturday morning in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park in a grisly act of protest against the ecological destruction of the Earth.

David Buckel, 60, left behind a charred corpse and a typed suicide note that said he was burning himself to death using “fossil fuel” to reflect how mankind was likewise killing itself, police sources said.

Holy smokes.  Screwball. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2018, 12:37:15 PM »

Yes but was he Saved ?

He probably got the AIDS

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2018, 08:09:49 AM »
Cynthia Nixon ignites outrage for saying marijuana could be ‘form of reparations’
NY Daily News ^ | May 7, 2018 | Kenneth Lovett
Posted on 05/09/2018 7:05:09 AM PDT by lowbridge

Cynthia Nixon took heat Monday from black leaders over her comments that creating a legalized pot industry in New York could serve as a form of reparations in black communities.

Nixon on Saturday told Forbes magazine "now that cannabis is exploding as an industry, we have to make sure that those communities that have been harmed and devastated by marijuana arrests get the first shot at this industry."

"We (must) prioritize them in terms of licenses. It's a form of reparations."

The comments came under fire from some community leaders.

(Excerpt) Read more at nydailynews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2018, 10:56:14 AM »
Seattle OKs taxing companies like Amazon to aid the homeless
AP ^ | 5 15 2018 | PHUONG LE
Posted on 5/15/2018, 1:43:32 PM by yesthatjallen

Seattle’s largest businesses such as Amazon and Starbucks will have to pay a new tax to help fund homeless services and affordable housing under a measure approved by city leaders.

The City Council unanimously passed a compromise plan Monday that taxes businesses making at least $20 million in gross revenues about $275 per full-time worker each year — lower than the $500 per worker initially proposed. The so-called “head tax” would raise roughly $48 million a year to build new affordable housing units and provide emergency homeless services.

Etc...

(Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2018, 11:07:29 AM »
Seattle OKs taxing companies like Amazon to aid the homeless
AP ^ | 5 15 2018 | PHUONG LE
Posted on 5/15/2018, 1:43:32 PM by yesthatjallen

Seattle’s largest businesses such as Amazon and Starbucks will have to pay a new tax to help fund homeless services and affordable housing under a measure approved by city leaders.

The City Council unanimously passed a compromise plan Monday that taxes businesses making at least $20 million in gross revenues about $275 per full-time worker each year — lower than the $500 per worker initially proposed. The so-called “head tax” would raise roughly $48 million a year to build new affordable housing units and provide emergency homeless services.

Etc...

(Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ...

I hope they leave Seattle.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2018, 03:30:56 AM »
Skip to comments.

NAACP president in SC says he was racially profiled; body cam video shows otherwise
wpde.com ^ | May 14, 2018 | Tonya Brown
Posted on 5/16/2018, 6:19:35 AM by lowbridge

Timmonsville NAACP President the Rev. Jerrod Moultrie posted on Facebook on April 13 that he was racially profiled when a Timmonsville police officer pulled him over for a traffic violation near his home on Harkless Court in Timmonsville.

Moultrie was stopped for failing to use a turn signal and a problem with his license plate, according to police.

Moultrie's post said, "Tonight, I was racially profiled by Timmonsville Officer CAUSE I WAS DRIVING A MERCEDES BENZ AND GOING HOME IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD."

-snip

Florence community activist Timothy Waters said when he saw Moultrie's Facebook post, it made him very upset that a black person could be racially profiled for driving a nice car in a nice neighborhood.

Waters said he went to the Timmonsville Police Department to take a look at a copy of the officer's dash and body cam video.

He added when he saw the video, he became even more upset, but not at the officer, rather at Moultrie.

Waters said the body cam video totally contradicts what Moultrie posted on Facebook.

(Excerpt) Read more at wpde.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2018, 06:12:07 AM »
Debbie Wasserman Schultz: The NRA Is 'Just Shy Of A Terrorist Organization'
MSN ^ | May 15, 2016 | Nick Wing
Posted on 5/16/2018, 6:32:50 AM by Zakeet

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) had stern words for the National Rifle Association on Tuesday, responding to the gun group's new president attacking student survivors of the shooting in Parkland, Florida, for allegedly engaging in "civil terrorism."

“The NRA is kind of just shy of a terrorist organization,” Schultz told HuffPost. "They have done everything they can to perpetuate the culture of violence that we have in our country with the spread of assault weapons across the nation."

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2018, 06:14:15 AM »
Debbie Wasserman Schultz: The NRA Is 'Just Shy Of A Terrorist Organization'
MSN ^ | May 15, 2016 | Nick Wing
Posted on 5/16/2018, 6:32:50 AM by Zakeet

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) had stern words for the National Rifle Association on Tuesday, responding to the gun group's new president attacking student survivors of the shooting in Parkland, Florida, for allegedly engaging in "civil terrorism."

“The NRA is kind of just shy of a terrorist organization,” Schultz told HuffPost. "They have done everything they can to perpetuate the culture of violence that we have in our country with the spread of assault weapons across the nation."

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...
She should be all for them then considering how much democrats seem to support Hamas now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:59 AM »
Eliz. Warren Questions Electoral College: Not A"HealthyDemocracy" If Person With Most Votes Loses
Realclearpolitics ^ | May 15, 2018
Posted on 5/16/2018, 1:10:27 PM by SMGFan

.Sen. Elizabeth Warren spoke Tuesday at the Center for American Progress 'Ideas Conference' with other 2020 Democratic presidential contenders and declared that democracy is "crumbling." Other speakers included Senators such as Bernie Sanders, Cory Booker, Amy Klobachur, Sherrod Brown, and Kirsten Gillibrand.

Warren, relitigating the 2016 U.S. presidential election, said it is not a signal of a "healthy democracy" if a candidate with more 3 million more votes then the opponent is not declared the winner. She said democracy is about "whoever gets the most votes wins."

"In 2016, nearly three million more people voted for Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump – but Trump took the presidency. That's not exactly the sign of a healthy democracy. Democracy hangs on the idea that whoever gets the most votes wins," she said.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...