Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 17, 2018, 10:54:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency  (Read 41167 times)
Chadwick The Beta
Getbig V

"Stop calling me by my name." - Karen M.

« Reply #475 on: October 06, 2018, 01:29:29 PM »

If Dems Lose Again, Obama’s Legacy Is Gone Forever
The Daily Beast ^ | October 5, 2018 | by Jonathan Alter
Posted on 10/5/2018, 3:07:32 PM by Oldeconomybuyer

It’s one of this autumn’s pleasant surprises. Two years after Donald Trump’s election as president and 10 years after his own, Barack Obama is gracefully re-entering our consciousness, reminding us of what we have lost and may yet recover.

The contrast between Obama and Trump - decent vs. despicable; incisive vs. ignorant; honest vs. humbug; classy vs. clownish - is now the critical subtext of the 2018 campaign. With Obama’s current approval ratings more than 20 points higher than Trump’s, the aching memory of his presidency will help energize Democrats in the midterms.

But Obama’s return is also a reminder that some of his admirable qualities—modesty, prudence, deliberateness - have inadvertently helped Republicans endanger everything he built.

If Obama’s reputation is secure, his legacy is not. Many of his accomplishments in office are in danger of being wiped out in November. The personal stakes for him and his place in history are high.

Now, just weeks away, comes a fork in road. One way leads to the validation of Donald Trump and makes his reelection more likely. Six more years of him as president would mean the extinction of nearly everything Barack Obama achieved beyond becoming the first black president. The other path offers a chance at redemption. If enough Democrats stop knocking on wood and start knocking on doors, the president they revere may yet live large in history for more than the content of his character.

(Excerpt) Read more at thedailybeast.com ...

What a cuck that writer is .... probably spent his college years whiteknighting females during class discussions but always got friendzoned.
Report to moderator   Logged

K
Kwon3
Getbig IV

« Reply #476 on: October 06, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »

What a cuck that writer is .... probably spent his college years whiteknighting females during class discussions but always got friendzoned.
He must think to himself, "I did everything right. I defended their honor, championed their feminist beliefs and causes, respected their human rights as women, and valiantly led the charge against macho men, misogynists, conservatives, bigots, and rapists. So how come Natalie won't spend the night with me but she dates that stupid asshole who slaps her around and cheats on her? God, please give me strength and keep me from believing I've been wrong this whole time and the alpha asshole guys were right."
Chadwick The Beta
Getbig V

"Stop calling me by my name." - Karen M.

« Reply #477 on: October 06, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »

He must think to himself, "I did everything right. I defended their honor, championed their feminist beliefs and causes, respected their human rights as women, and valiantly led the charge against macho men, misogynists, conservatives, bigots, and rapists. So how come Natalie won't spend the night with me but she dates that stupid asshole who slaps her around and cheats on her? God, please give me strength and keep me from believing I've been wrong this whole time and the alpha asshole guys were right."

Cool

K
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!