Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 420065 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #1075 on: December 07, 2019, 04:11:16 PM »
Have you seen Yang in the debates? At least he's not pissing on these folks on their knees.

Yeah but you still haven't answered the question about what you would do if you were put on the spot in that situation?

Do you get on your knees and take the cream to the mouth?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1076 on: December 07, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »

Skip to comments.

Always Remember Joe Biden Misled Everyone About Wife's Death, Blamed Innocent Man for Years
westernjournal.com ^ | October, 2019 | C. Douglas Golden
Posted on 12/7/2019, 7:52:14 PM by UMCRevMom@aol.com

When Joe Biden brought out the story of his confrontation with a gang member named "Corn Pop" during his time as a lifeguard at a Wilmington, Delaware, pool, it's interesting how quickly Democrat leaders knew to come to his defense.

There was a gang member in Baltimore with the moniker Corn Pop, they pointed out! The local NAACP chairman backed up his story! There was an obituary for a notorious dude who had that nickname! See, Biden’s not lying!

There was a reason behind the decided quickness with which everyone rushed to Biden’s side: People don't trust his version of events on pretty much anything. Biden’s campaign-trail anecdotes and stories don't just have the tocsin of untruth about them. They're sometimes painfully fake.

The most obvious example of this is a fabricated story he told about a war hero that was, at best, a composite. At worst? The Washington Post may have described it best: "In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony."

Something like that is ultimately harmless, though. I know that may sound strange, but think about it: No one's reputation has been denigrated.

The same can't be said for the sad case of Curtis C. Dunn.

To be fair, Dunn was involved in what's easily the most traumatic event of Biden's life. In December of 1972, mere weeks after Biden was elected to the Senate for his first term in an upset victory, his first wife and daughter were killed in a car accident while Christmas shopping.

Dunn was the truck driver who hit them. According to the Newark (Delaware) Post, Neilia Biden drove the car into the path of Dunn's tractor-trailer for reasons unknown, perhaps having to do with her head being turned.

Dunn apparently did everything possible to avoid a collision, according to reports, even overturning his truck in the process. He was also the first person to render assistance at the scene.

This is where reality and Joe Biden diverge, however, and in a profoundly reprehensible manner.

To hear Biden tell it — at least for a very long time — Dunn's drinking had played a part in the accident.

"A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly — and I never pursued it — drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly and killed my daughter instantly and hospitalized my two sons," he said at a 2007 event in Iowa, according to Politico.

In 2001, meanwhile, Biden talked about how Dunn was "an errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit a tractor-trailer, hit my children and my wife and killed them."

This was a common story Biden would peddle during the early part of the millennium. The problem is that, from all evidence, it was TOTALLY UNTRUE. Dunn was not only cleared by law enforcement but some of his most vociferous defenders were those involved in the case.

"The rumor about alcohol being involved by either party, especially the truck driver [Dunn], is incorrect," former Delaware Superior Court Judge Jerome O. Herlihy, who oversaw the investigation as a prosecutor, said in 2008 as the story was again recirculating.

Herlihy was terser when talking about the accident to Politico: "She had a stop sign. The truck driver did not."

"In the end," he said, "I concurred in their decision that there was no fault on his part."

Keep in mind that most of this happened after Dunn's death in 1999, too. Pamela Hamill, one of his seven children, went public with her anger after the story began getting repeated ad nauseam around the time of Biden's nomination as Barack Obama’s vice-presidential candidate.

"I just burst into tears," Hamill said of hearing the clip of how her father "drank his lunch" before the accident.

"The story already is tragic enough, why did he have to sensationalize it by saying my father was drunk? My family is outraged."

To make things worse, she said that she had sent Joe Biden a message of support in the aftermath of 9/11 lauding his remarks. He responded with a note that said, in part, "All that I can say is I am sorry for all of us and please know that neither I or my sons feel any animosity whatsoever."

A 2010 profile of Biden in The Atlantic said that Biden — still technically the Democrat frontrunner — "has the limber storyteller's tendency to stretch."

That may be fine when you're talking about "Corn Pop" and composite stories about war heroes. When you're accusing someone of drunk driving in an accident where your wife and daughter were killed, that's awfully close to libel. He blamed an innocent man for years despite the fact that all of the evidence showed Dunn HADN'T done anything wrong.

"Suppose he becomes the next vice president," Hamill said in 2008. "Movies could be made about him and books could be written about him, all falsely portraying my father as a drunk driver. We need to set the record straight and clear my father's name right now before this goes any further."

She did, and that played a role in alerting us to how far this "limber storyteller" will go.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1077 on: December 07, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »
Andrew Yang has been seen as being too serious. This stunt should help disperse that image.

There is a difference between making a joke and being the joke.

This borders on some sort of case study about how brainwashed his voters are.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1078 on: December 08, 2019, 06:23:09 AM »
omments.

Warren Admits She Shouldn’t Have Claimed To Be Native American: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It,’
Twitter ^ | 12/06/19 | Alex Thoma
Posted on 12/8/2019, 7:15:36 AM by Enlightened1

Warren Admits She Shouldn’t Have Claimed To Be Native American: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It, I’m Not A Person Of Color’

Oh. Can you give back your Harvard job now?

https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1203050517238296576?s=20

Warren gets a question in NH town hall from a voter asking what she shud tell relatives about the past claims of Native American ancestry. “I shouldn’t have done it. I am not a person of color, I am not a citizen of a tribe. And I have apologized for confusion I have caused”

(Excerpt) Read more at twitter.com ...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1079 on: December 08, 2019, 07:59:33 AM »
Have you seen Yang in the debates? At least he's not pissing on these folks on their knees.
Are you saying that based on his debates, you assumed he would be pissing on his supporters on their knees?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1080 on: December 08, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »
Yeah but you still haven't answered the question about what you would do if you were put on the spot in that situation?

Do you get on your knees and take the cream to the mouth?

Nobody makes me get down on my knees...not even in church. Does that answer your question? Whipped cream  on strawberry shortcake at the table is fine though.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1081 on: December 08, 2019, 05:29:10 PM »
Do you really think the Dems will risk having this guy get grilled by Republican Senators?

Joe Biden talks to Iowa Teamsters about stacking spaghetti sauce :)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1082 on: December 08, 2019, 05:44:24 PM »
Andrew Yang has been seen as being too serious. This stunt should help disperse that image.

Really - You Think That was a Good Publicity Stunt ?
Probably the sort of Thing I’d Expect from ButtPlug & His BoyFriend.

🤮🤮🤮

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1083 on: December 08, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
These "candidates" all look to be as if they were from a bleak future as presented in the film, "Idiocracy".

A bunch of 'tards without even a shred of common sense. Their smart phones are brighter than they ever were or will be.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1084 on: December 09, 2019, 05:31:11 AM »
Biden denies childhood stutter to blame for verbal stumbles
Washington Examiner ^ | 12/08/19 | Emily Larsen
Posted on 12/9/2019, 7:49:02 AM by Libloather

Joe Biden asserted that his childhood stutter is not the source of his much-publicized verbal stumbles on the campaign trail.

“I don't think of myself as continuing to stutter," Biden said in an Axios on HBO interview that aired Sunday. "But apparently people will say occasionally say [in fact when] I'm tired, I'll go, I'll say, um, uh, and I'll find myself searching for a second."

**SNIP**

During the July Democratic presidential primary debate, Biden had numerous stumbles. He told viewers to "go to Joe 3-0-3-3-0" when he likely meant to say to text the number to show support for his campaign; said that a "Medicare for all" single-payer healthcare plan "in 10 years will cost $3 trillion" when most estimates put the 10-year cost at around $32 trillion; and accidentally referred to New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker as the "future president."

“Look, the mistakes I make are mistakes. And some people think I still stutter. I don't think of myself that way,” Biden told Axios.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1085 on: December 09, 2019, 07:01:53 AM »
Just look at those Wisconsin numbers  :o

Poll: Impeachment is helping Trump in 3 key battleground states

Quarterly polling by the Republican firm Firehouse Strategies, with Optimus, had President Trump struggling in the mega-battlegrounds of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — but in the newest edition, he beats every Democrat.

The big picture: Trump won by an average of six percentage points in hypothetical match-ups against all current Democratic candidates, including Joe Biden, who was performing well in head-to-head contests against Trump in polling conducted earlier in the year.

The poll found that a majority of likely 2020 voters surveyed do not support impeaching and removing Trump from office.

What they're saying: Firehouse partner Alex Conant tells Axios: "Democrats racing towards impeachment are at serious risk of leaving behind the voters they need to retake the White House next year."

Methodology: The survey was conducted Dec. 3 through Dec. 5 and interviewed 1,759 likely 2020 general election voters in Wisconsin (N = 610), Michigan (N = 551), and Pennsylvania (N = 598) via live landline, live cellphone and peer to peer text message to web and has a margin of error of +/- 4.1% in Wis., ± 4.3% in Mich., and ± 4.3% in Pa..

https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachment-poll-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin-6776a580-9a0f-4362-a8a7-e6180f18ed14.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1086 on: December 09, 2019, 07:27:13 AM »
Warren campaign disclosed over the weekend that she made 2 million income "consulting" for big corporations.

Biden blamed his VP staff for not letting him know about his own son's dealings(that he flew on Air Force 2 with).

Also, Biden said he was glad to be in the wrong state again.  :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1087 on: December 09, 2019, 07:51:55 AM »
Warren campaign disclosed over the weekend that she made 2 million income "consulting" for big corporations.

Biden blamed his VP staff for not letting him know about his own son's dealings(that he flew on Air Force 2 with).

Also, Biden said he was glad to be in the wrong state again.  :D

They need to lock that guy away in a padded cell until Iowa.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1088 on: December 09, 2019, 11:28:58 AM »
Just look at those Wisconsin numbers  :o

Poll: Impeachment is helping Trump in 3 key battleground states

Quarterly polling by the Republican firm Firehouse Strategies, with Optimus, had President Trump struggling in the mega-battlegrounds of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — but in the newest edition, he beats every Democrat.

The big picture: Trump won by an average of six percentage points in hypothetical match-ups against all current Democratic candidates, including Joe Biden, who was performing well in head-to-head contests against Trump in polling conducted earlier in the year.

The poll found that a majority of likely 2020 voters surveyed do not support impeaching and removing Trump from office.

What they're saying: Firehouse partner Alex Conant tells Axios: "Democrats racing towards impeachment are at serious risk of leaving behind the voters they need to retake the White House next year."

Methodology: The survey was conducted Dec. 3 through Dec. 5 and interviewed 1,759 likely 2020 general election voters in Wisconsin (N = 610), Michigan (N = 551), and Pennsylvania (N = 598) via live landline, live cellphone and peer to peer text message to web and has a margin of error of +/- 4.1% in Wis., ± 4.3% in Mich., and ± 4.3% in Pa..

https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachment-poll-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin-6776a580-9a0f-4362-a8a7-e6180f18ed14.html

Not surprising. This shit is beyond tiresome and the only ones still interested are the frothing at the mouth TDS types..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1089 on: December 10, 2019, 06:58:21 AM »
Despite his crazy behavior, with that built in elderly and black support, you have to take this man serious when it comes to securing the Democrat nomination.

Joe Biden maintains a massive lead in a new South Carolina ranked-choice poll

Biden is still leading by double digits in the crucial early state, while other Democrats struggle to pick up African American support.

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s lead in South Carolina doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

According to an online poll sponsored by FairVote and conducted by YouGov, Biden comes in first in both a standard poll that asks voters to pick one presidential candidate, and a ranked-choice poll that’s designed to suss out who a majority of people ultimately prefer. Sen. Bernie Sanders, meanwhile, comes in second and trails him by double digits in both surveys.

At the end of last month, YouGov and FairVote, a nonpartisan electoral reform group, fielded two versions of the same poll, the results of which were provided exclusively to Vox. In the standard poll, when voters were asked to choose just one candidate they liked, Biden won with 41 percent of the vote and Sanders came in at 13 percent. Similarly, in the ranked-choice poll, when people were asked to rank up to 10 candidates from their most preferred to least, and these picks were tallied using the same method that’s applied in ranked-choice voting, Biden garnered 66 percent of the vote and Sanders received 34 percent.

When the votes are counted in a ranked-choice system, if no candidate has accrued more than 50 percent of the vote, the candidate who has the fewest first-choice votes is removed. Those votes then go to each voter’s next ranked choice. This process is repeated until one candidate secures a majority of the vote. So a person whose top choice was Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and second choice was Sanders, for example, could see their vote move to Sanders after Gabbard had been eliminated. (FairVote advocates in favor of a ranked-choice system.)

https://www.vox.com/2019/12/9/20993498/joe-biden-south-carolina-primary-african-american-voters-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1090 on: December 10, 2019, 09:11:13 AM »
Barring death, Biden is the Dem nominee.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1091 on: December 10, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »
Truth.

Rob Smith: Racism or Sexism Didn’t Doom Kamala’s Campaign — Inauthenticity Did
ROB SMITH  9 Dec 2019

In the era of social media, authenticity is key, and poor Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) never really had what it takes to unlock the doors to the Democratic nomination for president.

The self-described “top-tier candidate” officially bowed out of the running last week, marking a stunning end to a campaign that many thought had a strong possibility of going all the way.

Now that she’s out, the “racism and sexism” claims from the left are out in full force. Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro, somehow still grifting campaign donations for a run going nowhere, says Harris has been held to “a double standard has been grossly unfair and unfortunate.” The Independent called criticism from some on the left of her record as a prosecutor a “racist narrative that killed her campaign dead.”

This all misses the point. Kamala Harris’s biggest problem was that she never for one moment revealed who she truly is.

Anyone who watches the nonstop gaffes and tone-deaf overtures to “Real America” that come from everyone running for the presidency might reasonably believe that the act of seeking the highest office in the land is one daily humiliation after another. Yet Kamala’s ru seemed to have a certain air of desperation and falseness to it.

Whether she was awkwardly dancing with campaign volunteers or taking a bite out of a pork chop, it always seemed that somewhere inside, the real Kamala was behind lock-and-key, peeking out for safety. Her laugh was forced, her joy pained, and every move seemed like it was made after it was confirmed to be focus-group approved. In that way, she was quite similar to another female candidate in recent memory.

Whether you love or hate the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, you know exactly who he is and where he stands at all times, and if Democrats are serious about running someone who has a chance to oust him from the White House, they’d better choose someone with a firm sense of self.

Kamala just wasn’t that person. If Kamala had embraced the tough-on-crime, center-right Democrat that her entire political history showed that she was, she may have lasted much longer.

And, about those claims of racism and sexism? This is the problem with the way the left uses identity politics. It is wielded as both a means to stand out from the crowd, and an excuse to fall back on at the point of failure. Supporters of a woman who banked on her being the first Black female president shouldn’t lean on race and gender to explain her failure.

When people can find out who someone really is, race, gender, sexual orientation, or any of the other categories don’t really matter. Americans are smarter than that.

That’s one of the reasons why you’re reading the words of a gay black guy writing for a conservative website.

But, as usual, Democrats don’t give Americans enough credit. They think that if we don’t play by their rules of identity politics and elect a candidate solely due to their race or gender, we must be racist or sexist.

Kamala’s problem was not her race or gender. It was that both of those labels were used in the absence of personality, vision, and a strong sense of who she truly is. Any candidate running for President of the United States who doesn’t have those things is truly running a campaign to nowhere. And, in the marathon race to the presidency, that’s where Kamala Harris ended up.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/12/09/rob-smith-racism-or-sexism-didnt-doom-kamalas-campaign-inauthenticity-did/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1092 on: December 10, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
Barring death, Biden is the Dem nominee.

Not exactly going out on a limb there.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1093 on: December 10, 2019, 09:35:48 AM »
Speaking of authenticity, Biden doesn't come across as "tough" when calling an Iowa voter fat, a liar, etc.  He comes across as a jerk.  He's trying too hard.  It's not going to work.

Biden Adviser Touts His Scornful Response To Iowa Voter
MARY MARGARET OLOHAN
SOCIAL ISSUES REPORTER
December 10, 2019
https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/10/symone-sanders-joe-biden-look-fat/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1094 on: December 10, 2019, 09:50:27 AM »
Gabbard says she won't participate in next debate even if she qualifies

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) said Monday that she won’t participate in the December debate even if she qualifies.

Gabbard tweeted Monday that she will instead meet with voters in New Hampshire and South Carolina.

“For a number of reasons, I have decided not to attend the December 19th ‘debate’ — regardless of whether or not there are qualifying polls,” she posted. “I instead choose to spend that precious time directly meeting with and hearing from the people of New Hampshire and South Carolina.”

The Hawaii representative previously threatened to boycott the October debate after alleging the Democratic National Committee and the media were “rigging” the presidential race. She decided against the boycott the week of the debate.

Gabbard did not make the cut for the September debate but has stood on stage for all four of the other debates. She has not yet qualified for the December debate, needing one more state or national poll with 4 percent or more support.

So far, former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D), Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and billionaire philanthropist Tom Steyer have qualified for the Dec. 19 debate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/473785-gabbard-says-she-wont-participate-in-next-debate-even-if-she-qualifies

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1095 on: December 10, 2019, 02:31:43 PM »
Speaking of authenticity, Biden doesn't come across as "tough" when calling an Iowa voter fat, a liar, etc.  He comes across as a jerk.  He's trying too hard.  It's not going to work.

Biden Adviser Touts His Scornful Response To Iowa Voter
MARY MARGARET OLOHAN
SOCIAL ISSUES REPORTER
December 10, 2019
https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/10/symone-sanders-joe-biden-look-fat/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1096 on: December 10, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
Just how bad are these candidates?   lol

Democrats pick Hillary Clinton as 2020 front-runner in new party poll
By Brian Pascus  December 9, 2019

A new poll of registered Democrats has Hillary Clinton as their top choice for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential nomination — and she’s not even running.

The online Harris Poll survey released by the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard found that Clinton placed first with 21% of the vote, followed closely by former Vice President Joe Biden at 20%, Sen. Bernie Sanders at 12%, Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 9% and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg at 7%.

It polled 1,859 voters and was conducted between Nov. 27 and 29 of this year.

Pollsters also surveyed respondents without Clinton in the race — and Biden came out first, with 29% of the vote, followed by Sanders at 16% and Warren at 13%.

Clinton has repeatedly said she is not running for president again, though she did tell the UK’s “Graham Norton Show” over the weekend that she’s been “deluged” with pleas to do just that.

“I’d have to make up my mind really quickly,” she said, “because it’s moving very fast.”

Clinton narrowly lost the 2016 presidential election to Donald Trump. Despite winning the popular vote with 65.8 million ballots to Trump’s 62.9 million, Clinton lost the Electoral College 304-227.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/democrats-pick-hillary-clinton-as-2020-frontrunner-in-new-party-poll/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1097 on: December 10, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »
Just how bad are these candidates?   lol

Democrats pick Hillary Clinton as 2020 front-runner in new party poll
By Brian Pascus  December 9, 2019

A new poll of registered Democrats has Hillary Clinton as their top choice for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential nomination — and she’s not even running.

The online Harris Poll survey released by the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard found that Clinton placed first with 21% of the vote, followed closely by former Vice President Joe Biden at 20%, Sen. Bernie Sanders at 12%, Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 9% and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg at 7%.

It polled 1,859 voters and was conducted between Nov. 27 and 29 of this year.

Pollsters also surveyed respondents without Clinton in the race — and Biden came out first, with 29% of the vote, followed by Sanders at 16% and Warren at 13%.

Clinton has repeatedly said she is not running for president again, though she did tell the UK’s “Graham Norton Show” over the weekend that she’s been “deluged” with pleas to do just that.

“I’d have to make up my mind really quickly,” she said, “because it’s moving very fast.”

Clinton narrowly lost the 2016 presidential election to Donald Trump. Despite winning the popular vote with 65.8 million ballots to Trump’s 62.9 million, Clinton lost the Electoral College 304-227.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/democrats-pick-hillary-clinton-as-2020-frontrunner-in-new-party-poll/

I doubt she'll throw her hat in the ring, if that's even possible at this point. I do understand how she could be a front runner in the polls though. If she was victorious in a "do over" of the 2016 election, it would be the ultimate revenge in the minds of those who still believe Trump stole the win.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1098 on: December 10, 2019, 05:41:11 PM »
I doubt she'll throw her hat in the ring, if that's even possible at this point. I do understand how she could be a front runner in the polls though. If she was victorious in a "do over" of the 2016 election, it would be the ultimate revenge in the minds of those who still believe Trump stole the win.

No way, unless something happens to Biden.  The establishment candidate is comfortably ahead. No need to bring in the backup quarterback.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1099 on: December 10, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »
No way, unless something happens to Biden.  The establishment candidate is comfortably ahead. No need to bring in the backup quarterback.

Did I say way? Revenge isn't a very good issue to run a campaign on, no matter how much the populous claims they'd back it. Until a front runner is declared (nominated) anything can happen.