Author Topic: 1996 English Grand Prix featuring Dorian "The Gut" Yates.  (Read 16674 times)

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
Re: 1996 English Grand Prix featuring Dorian "The Gut" Yates.
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2006, 10:38:47 PM »
He looked much better in Helsinki at the '92 O, as you can see from the cover.
T

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2006, 12:08:28 AM »
Whoever thinks Dorian had better arms is smoking CRACK! Just to be fair, here's a photo of both Dorian and Ronnie at their peak; you be the judge which one looks better.

Also, if you find better shots of Dorian's arms, feel free to post to show how 'superior' they are compared to Ronnies.

Discuss!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2006, 12:16:35 AM »
I don't understand how anyone would think this is the best physique in the world

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2006, 02:02:22 AM »
You guys are unbeliavably stupid.
How come always you guys compare "Front Relax pose" of one(Ronnie or Dorian) with really relaxed pose(Sticking out guts and shoulders down) of another(Ronnie or Dorian)?

Then you guys say"Oh he has gut" or "Oh what a tinny waist".
Look, even Shawn has his gut sticking out when he is relaxed.But,he knows how to hide it.
Thats all.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2006, 02:03:46 AM »

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2006, 02:24:45 AM »
you cant compare bodybuilders of different era's properly.yes it was only 8 years ago but the knowledge "guru's" have now of how to use the drugs and diuretics are more advanced than they were then.i think there both great but if people are saying dorians gut is worse than ronnies they arent being realistic and just idolizing there hero.

ronnie is a true freak and he's took his body to the extreme next level but theres been a cost too,his gut and the gyno,but that being said i still think ronnie would beat dorian.maybe if dorian had the same knowledge of the drugs he could beat ronnie...youll just never know and its an endless debate, as the truce thread showed
8) B.B.C. 8)

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2006, 04:29:52 AM »
If Dorian was so bad, how come NONE of his contemporaries EVER complained about his victories? [shawn only started complaining about 94 earlier this year]. He was, is, and forever will be the bodybuilders bodybuilder.
A bunch of jealous, steroid obsessed forum junkies will never understand Dorians greatness. But those of us who live, eat and sleep bodybuilding know the truth. Dorian rules.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2006, 04:51:19 AM »
Stupid post. We've all been through this topic before. For starters, he is a 6 time Mr.O. If you think you look better than a Mr.O that you could carve him in any way then go stand beside hime on stage. Secondly, if you think Dorian was the only one with a GH gut then you got some serious learning to do. Coleman, Cutler, Ruhl, Gustavo, Gunter, Federov and even Dexter all have GH guts. As fro Dorian, he dominated the ninties and brought bbdg to a new level by introducing heavier ripped mass on stage.

PB

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2006, 04:58:43 AM »
If Dorian was so bad, how come NONE of his contemporaries EVER complained about his victories? [shawn only started complaining about 94 earlier this year]. He was, is, and forever will be the bodybuilders bodybuilder.
A bunch of jealous, steroid obsessed forum junkies will never understand Dorians greatness. But those of us who live, eat and sleep bodybuilding know the truth. Dorian rules.
i agree he was a bodybuilders bodybuilder so is ronnie too,i laugh when i hear people going on all the time about how good looking a bb is and how women will be attracted to him.THIS IS BODYBUILDING not a beauty paegent its about lifting weights and building muscle,yes theres a limit i think they shouldnt cross(with the huge distention)but lets just stick to the basics,leave the eybrow plucking and mascara wearing to the women,who cares if a guy looks ugly thats not why im into bodybuilding im into it because im impressed at the level hes been able to build his body.

and btw most women laugh at pretty boys and they'd rather be with someone who acts like a man any day
8) B.B.C. 8)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2006, 05:48:30 AM »
yates had an overall wider structure than most of the pros...since his lats were so thick and wide his shoulder width looked huge and in poses he looked wider than alot of guys who had thick delts..yates seems to have naturally wide clavicles...but i think so yates had a freaky condition which was enough to own any one...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

suckmymuscle

« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »
  Great. Just great. Another Dorian bashing thread. Too bad the man himself doesen't post here; if he did, he'd certainly make all of you internet big men shut up. The reason why he doesen't post here, Peter McGough told me, is because of the negativity.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2006, 06:01:28 AM »
yates had an overall wider structure than most of the pros...since his lats were so thick and wide his shoulder width looked huge and in poses he looked wider than alot of guys who had thick delts..yates seems to have naturally wide clavicles...but i think so yates had a freaky condition which was enough to own any one...
I don't think yate's clavicles were THAT wide personally... certainly not like a matarazzo for instance.

What dorian did have was awesome flexibility in the shoulder girdle which is rare. When he spread he really spread and looked amazing.

Guys like shawn ray and phil heath lack that spread ability in the shoulder girdle... it can be developed though if you work on it

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2006, 10:07:11 AM »
I don't think yate's clavicles were THAT wide personally... certainly not like a matarazzo for instance.

What dorian did have was awesome flexibility in the shoulder girdle which is rare. When he spread he really spread and looked amazing.

Guys like shawn ray and phil heath lack that spread ability in the shoulder girdle... it can be developed though if you work on it
correct.that was wat i was trying to say.he created such an illusion that hishoulders looked a lot wider than they really were..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »
If Dorian was so bad, how come NONE of his contemporaries EVER complained about his victories?

They probably did. We just didn't know.

Remember that before the age of the internet, when people complained, no one knew about it. You might have read about it 3 months later in a magazine when no one cared.

now, you can't even fart without the entire bodybuilding community hearing about it two hours later...

Secondly, if you read the magazine reviews in 1994 for example (eg musclemag), the contest critics were astounded that dorian won over shawn.

Bodybuilders generally do not want to rock the boat with Weider.  Criticizing the outcome of their top contest does not sit well with Uncle Joe.

They have to think about their careers too.

Flower Boy Ran Away

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2006, 05:49:08 PM »
actually, Dorian's gut/waist in 1994 looked worse than any other bodybuilder in HISTORY onstage:

no midsection relaxed has ever looked this bad esp. for a Mr. Olympia - wide waist does the trick..

ever heard of kovacs?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2006, 05:50:46 PM »
Shawn Ray went off on Dorian on BFTO 1996

crc69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2006, 07:05:06 PM »
[quote author=Big Poppa J
with a better back, better conditioning, and more size than most anyone else, Dorian deserved his victories. Standing relaxed is one pose of twelve. He owned most of the other 11.
[/quote]

Poor kid, you are not even able to see that you posted a morphed pic, posted 1 million of times  ::) ::) ::)
Dorian only deserved a free GH bottle...

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2006, 10:54:37 PM »
Shawn Ray went off on Dorian on BFTO 1996
ahahha shawn ray gos on and off on basically every pro..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2006, 01:55:43 AM »
dorian peaked early in his O career and remained champion with sub par showings - but ronnie has barely earned half of his O wins. From what ive seen hes lost 3 atleast
Scouser on Tour

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2006, 02:07:56 AM »
dorian peaked early in his O career and remained champion with sub par showings - but ronnie has barely earned half of his O wins. From what ive seen hes lost 3 atleast

You suck at being a bodybuilding judge.

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2006, 05:11:11 AM »
These "gut" threads are hilarious.  What rock do some of you guys live under?  You can go to any local show and see "guts" on the top guys.  Usually when guys go hardcore they get a gut- comes with the territory.  If the competitor can pull it in  tight then they'll do ok. 

I recently saw a video clip of Amahd Hadair who really would appear as if he would not have a gut- well guess again.  ANy time you abs are hypertrohies- you're gonna have a gut.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2006, 05:37:03 AM »
These "gut" threads are hilarious.  What rock do some of you guys live under?  You can go to any local show and see "guts" on the top guys.  Usually when guys go hardcore they get a gut- comes with the territory.  If the competitor can pull it in  tight then they'll do ok. 

I recently saw a video clip of Hamad Adair who really would appear as if he would not have a gut- well guess again.  ANy time you abs are hypertrohyed- you're gonna have a gut.

Great post!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2006, 03:59:49 PM »

which ones?

please don't say 2000..

because that one was fair.
Flower Boy Ran Away

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2006, 04:19:46 PM »
which ones?

please don't say 2000..

because that one was fair.

In my opinion, Ronnie lost in 2001 and 2002.

But, 98, 99, 2000, 2003, and 2005 were all earned. Ronnie won in 2004 by virtue of a piss poor field even though he was probably in his worst condition.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2006, 09:44:22 PM »
In my opinion, Ronnie lost in 2001 and 2002.

But, 98, 99, 2000, 2003, and 2005 were all earned. Ronnie won in 2004 by virtue of a piss poor field even though he was probably in his worst condition.

how would ronnie have done if the field was different - an in prime levrone, ray, wheeler, nasser, and dillet.  - the competition dorian faced and dominated. 

considering that jay and gustavo have almost beaten ronnie and they suck compared to the guys mentioned above.

kinda makes you think. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)