Author Topic: Re-discovering the awesomeness of American Psycho  (Read 8401 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Re-discovering the awesomeness of American Psycho
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2017, 04:53:52 PM »
One of the better things I have mentally conditioned myself to do, is to not waste any time pontificating on a divergent section of fiction that could be interpreted two completely different ways.

It is often a fools errand.

The real truth is that you cannot trust a writer to be clear cut enough to offer a true, solution to the puzzle.  To be ambiguous is tremendously artistic.  These days, it also goes by another name - it is also a straight up troll.

..Which means you are wasting precious life, even bothering to contemplate it too much

You've only to read that quote, above from the screenplay writer to understand why it is better to not dwell - an admission that they fucked it up and blurred the lines.

The same thing is in effect with Bladerunner.  From memory, they asked several people involved in the production and there were conflicting answers as to whether Deckard was a Replicant.  For most of the movie, it is implied, yet never so much that it would be clear whether it was true or not.  You are simply left wondering. 

(Though I am fairly sure that the next Bladerunner movie will make a definitive statement that he is a replicant)

Who can forget that last scene in the Sopranos?  Enraged many.  Didn't bother me.  No information.  No possible solution.  Therefore, believe what you want to believe and move on.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2017, 06:18:59 PM »
and we should listen to his opinion because...?

Cause it's a lot better than your whinny fat asses

Fuck you and your weak forearm rationale

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
That's so good I read it to my wife in bed, she loved it too.

lol, thanks
"