Author Topic: Bradley Manning to have sentence commuted  (Read 8118 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Bradley Manning to have sentence commuted
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »

I wouldn't have been stupid enough to pound a man's ass on base....even if I was, I would have ended up with a blue discharge and likely would have moved to San Francisco to wait tables or shine shoes.  No matter what in life, I always have a game plan. 

Yes, Manning had a right to defend the Constitution but he was also a military soldier and he was trusted with sensitive information.  Rather than going through the proper channels...even contacting an attorney, he gave all the information to internet trolls.  That material was used to recruit more people to ISIS. 

As far as his sentence is concerned, it was harsh but he pleaded guilty to 10 of the charges because he knew he fucked up.  His treatment in prison has been unreasonable and can be considered torture but he is still in the right place.  His accommodations should be upgraded to a regular military prisoner but it doesn't disqualify his incarceration.

I don't have access to everything Manning leaked, but from what I've seen, his material documents extraordinary abuse and misconduct by the United States and its agents. Yes, such material may be damaging but that does not mean it ought to be hidden. Perhaps he leaked more, and that material was extraordinarily sensitive and damaging, but I doubt it.

Again, the material Petraeus wrote down in notebooks during his time in Iraq  (dates of operations, places, results of meetings and long-term strategic goals) and which he kept at his home (not a facility authorized for the storage of classified documents) appear to me far more sensitive. He made all that and more available to a woman who was writing his biography and sucking his dick.

Motive matters: Manning was, apparently, motivated by a desire to expose misconduct. Petraeus was, apparently, motivated by a desire to have his ego and his dick stroked.

And, as is typical, Petraeus got away practically scot-free because he's important and licked the rectum of every politicians and Administration official he could get his tongue on. Washington folks are into that kind of thing. And so, a Judge deemed Petraeus being exposed and having articles written about him was punishment enough, gave him probation, a token fine and told him to go on his merry way. He wasn't even reduced one step in rank!

Manning, who knew nobody and pled guilty, received no leniency but, instead a sentence enhancement.

When Petraeus plays golf or talks with his politician buddies, Manning is in isolation, eating prison food.

The world is Petraeus' oyster. What will he do next? Be a politician? A private analyst? A public speaker? Who knows... but things are looking good.

A cell is Manning's world. He knows what he'll do next: spend more time in isolation, being treated like a subhuman, until the times comes for another suicide attempt.

So, given all this, you will forgive me if I see absolutely nothing wrong with granting Manning clemency.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »
Since you're reminiscing about the good ole days of WWII, let me remind you that back then you'd have been cannon fodder, if you hadn't already been hung from that same bridge for being a sexual deviant.

Manning's oath, ultimately, was to defend the Constitution. He saw horrific abuse by the US Governmenf and he decided to expose it. He broke a confidentiality agreement that he signed with the government in order to do so.

Petraeus broke the same agreement. He shared far more valuable and highly classified data and for much less admirable reasons - basically to impress a chick and get his dick wet. And you're fine with him receiving no punishment at all. I can't help but feel you're being a bit of a hypocrite.

As for going through appropriate channels, we saw how well that worked for people like Snowden, Binney and Klein.
You make it sound like you've never done such things for sex. Give up the charade already.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2017, 01:28:08 PM »
You make it sound like you've never done such things for sex. Give up the charade already.

I work in academia. Bitches and hoes are all over me to read pre-publication versions of my papers about protein folding. The ivory tower is a kinky place.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »
I don't have access to everything Manning leaked, but from what I've seen, his material documents extraordinary abuse and misconduct by the United States and its agents. Yes, such material may be damaging but that does not mean it ought to be hidden. Perhaps he leaked more, and that material was extraordinarily sensitive and damaging, but I doubt it.

Again, the material Petraeus wrote down in notebooks during his time in Iraq  (dates of operations, places, results of meetings and long-term strategic goals) and which he kept at his home (not a facility authorized for the storage of classified documents) appear to me far more sensitive. He made all that and more available to a woman who was writing his biography and sucking his dick.

Motive matters: Manning was, apparently, motivated by a desire to expose misconduct. Petraeus was, apparently, motivated by a desire to have his ego and his dick stroked.

And, as is typical, Petraeus got away practically scot-free because he's important and licked the rectum of every politicians and Administration official he could get his tongue on. Washington folks are into that kind of thing. And so, a Judge deemed Petraeus being exposed and having articles written about him was punishment enough, gave him probation, a token fine and told him to go on his merry way. He wasn't even reduced one step in rank!

Manning, who knew nobody and pled guilty, received no leniency but, instead a sentence enhancement.

When Petraeus plays golf or talks with his politician buddies, Manning is in isolation, eating prison food.

The world is Petraeus' oyster. What will he do next? Be a politician? A private analyst? A public speaker? Who knows... but things are looking good.

A cell is Manning's world. He knows what he'll do next: spend more time in isolation, being treated like a subhuman, until the times comes for another suicide attempt.

So, given all this, you will forgive me if I see absolutely nothing wrong with granting Manning clemency.

Petraeus was an officer in the military.  The rules are much different than an enlisted person.  Yes, he should be in jail along with a lot of other people but they are not because they are above the law.  They are not going to throw a general in prison....sorry but that shit will never happen.  I'm not sure why you brought that up with me as if I was endorsing him not getting any jail time.

For enlisted people, you're basically the ni ggers of the military.   
A

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »
Petraeus was an officer in the military.  The rules are much different than an enlisted person.  Yes, he should be in jail along with a lot of other people but they are not because they are above the law.  They are not going to throw a general in prison....sorry but that shit will never happen.  I'm not sure why you brought that up with me as if I was endorsing him not getting any jail time.

I'm bringing it up because it's terribly unjust - and doubly so because Manning's leaks were based on principle, whereas Petraeus were based on a need to feed his ego and get his dick sucked. As for Petraeus' rank and his connections giving him cover, well there's no surprise there: the powerful always get better treatment. That only makes Manning's punishment even more unjust. Now, perhaps you're just so used to injustice that you find this situation not only tolerable but acceptable. As for me, I can't tolerate injustice.

Yes, leaking information is bad; I think those who do ought to be punished. But, with everything considered, I personally find Manning's punishment to be be unfair and cruel, especially in light of Petraeus sentence for the same thing. I support clemency for Manning.

You see everything through race-colored glasses don't you? As for enlisted men and women, those brave dindus, who signed up in exchange for a burrito and College money, are the tip of our Military's proverbial spear. I salute them!

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017, 04:34:14 AM »

Did you actually serve, or are one of these guys who "has a lot of friends who were Rangers and Special Forces" ?   ::)
K

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 01:33:06 PM »
It just happened.

Fucking Obama.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 01:36:25 PM »
The president-elect just chimed in.

Donald J. Trump ‏@eealDonaldTrump  · 6 minutes ago 

@AP Obama, the Criminal in Chief. What a disaster! We will UPHOLD the law, not promote lawlessness like LIGHTWIEGHT Obama!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
Are the American taxpayers still going to be forced to pay for this freak's sex change? ???

Look at this. Its parents must be so proud. ::)

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »
I'm glad they will let him go but that is because I am not American and would like to see you guys tone down with the war crimes a bit.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
Did you actually serve, or are one of these guys who "has a lot of friends who were Rangers and Special Forces" ?   ::)

Yes, I was in the Army.  PFC in fact...same as Manning
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2017, 05:05:15 PM »
On the short.  Big disgrace if it happens

I agree 100% on this one .
I voted for Obama , but, this action is real bitch slap to the US military.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2017, 05:15:36 PM »

Without the protection of prison suicide watch, she will likely succeed in killing herself once released.

Some folks praise Julian Assange and Wikileaks for informing the public. Why do you not feel the same way about Chelsea?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2017, 05:20:17 PM »
Some folks praise Julian Assange and Wikileaks for informing the public. Why do you not feel the same way about Chelsea?

Simple.

Assange is not a member of the United States military.

He isn't even an American citizen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »
Simple.

Assange is not a member of the United States military.

He isn't even an American citizen.

True, but he's still exploiting stolen classified information by publishing it, which compromises our security. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 05:27:59 PM »
Without the protection of prison suicide watch, she will likely succeed in killing herself once released.

I'm totally against releasing classified military info just because you can hack in .
Assange, Snowden and Manning , etc should all be in jail.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2017, 06:12:48 PM »
I'm totally against releasing classified military info just because you can hack in .

Do you believe the government should be able to classify evidence of its (and its agents') misconduct so that it never sees the light of day?

True, but he's still exploiting stolen classified information by publishing it, which compromises our security.

How trite. Can you explain how any of the Manning leaks actually compromised our security? Be specific - cite the leak and explain how the leak compromised our security. Don't just give us some hand-wavey abstract shit.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2017, 06:21:03 PM »
The only reason Obama is letting it out of prision, is because of the transgender shit. This political world gets craizer by the minute.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 06:21:11 PM »
Do you believe the government should be able to classify evidence of its (and its agents') misconduct so that it never sees the light of day?

How trite. Can you explain how any of the Manning leaks actually compromised our security? Be specific - cite the leak and explain how the leak compromised our security. Don't just give us some hand-wavey abstract shit.

You are right Manning did nothing to compromise security. The U.S. government just locked him her up for the heck of it.

I'm not your student, don't be giving me this stupid  homework.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 06:36:27 PM »
The only reason Obama is letting it out of prision, is because of the transgender shit. This political world gets craizer by the minute.

What does hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery for an incarcerated person cost taxpayers? I'll answer this for you. It can run upwards of $100,000. Manning spent time in solitary (protective watch) which also isn't cheap. It costs $78,000 a year to house someone in the federal prison system in solitary. Manning was in solitary because of two attempted suicides. Pardoning her sentence likely saves the government a lot of money.

About one thing, you are right on. The political world gets crazier by the minute.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2017, 08:31:14 PM »
This fucking freak show should be hung for treason.

Plain and simple.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »
with access to better drugs, I see no reason for her to obtain this level
K

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »

Well, actually its a somewhat good thing as Obama commuted the sentence up to when he would have been released on good behavior leaving in all the penalties and sanctions including that dishonorable discharge.  While I'm sure he'll make millions from books and etc, he cannot do things such as travel outside the country or own a firearm.

His treatment in prison was appalling and if Obama didn't do it, he would have left the facility in a bodybag with Trump around
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2017, 09:49:11 PM »
Aside from removing your clothes at night, being locked down 23hrs a day is normal "administrative segregation/ad-seg" policy.

Except in a regular prison, they'll give you seroquel or trazadone to sleep at 9pm roughly and "wake u up" at 3am when you're dead asleep and ask if you want your "rec time" (your 1hr out of the cell and only chance to shower)... Usually you're so out of it you refuse or just don't wake up and it'll be 4,5,6 days before you get out of your cell.... Also, the lights are on bright 24-7 so you have no idea what time or day it is. Ask a guard he'll say "nighttime"... Or "its a week day".

Clearly, you are expert on this subject. You do know that Manning was in solitary precisely because she attempted suicide? 

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »
Assange, Snowden and Manning , etc should all be in jail.

:-[ :-X

Can't believe it...