Author Topic: question for guys with kids here  (Read 5456 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
question for guys with kids here
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:12:13 AM »
How will you feel when they put you in a home, visit you twice a year, all while waiting for you to die so they can collect inheritance?Not being negative but this will be 95% of your futures if you become unable to look after yourself before death.Seeing it now all around me from kids who always said their parents would never go in a home, ill look after them, blah blah blah.When reality hits that they have to give up drinking with buddies, vacations etc it doesnt happen.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
Re: question for guys with kids here
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:17:22 AM »
Exactly. My plan is to carry on living a vacuous feckless lifestyle, move to Medellin and then die in seedy/shameful circumstances in my mid fifties.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 04:35:53 AM »
The majority of people who are having kids today will not have any inheritance for the kids to collect.  3 main reasons...

1. The cost of living is rising much faster than peoples wages are.
2. Dollar devaluation (i.e. inflation).  The dollars you earn/save now will not have the same purchasing power in the future.
3. The nursing home takes all the cash and liquefies your assets before the Medicare/Medicaid kicks in.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:50:30 AM »
your genetics live on in your children

childless people have failed to pass on their dna

its the ultimate in beta behaviour

in the wild only the weak and retarded dont get to mate

same for humans
T

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 05:00:22 AM »
If they put you in a home they won't have any inheritance left the government will take the house you worked all your life to pay for and any savings to pay for your care while the fucker in the bed next to you who never worked and had his rent paid with benefits his entire life gets the same care as you for free.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 05:15:20 AM »

same for humans

Beta behaviour v a life of shopping in Aldi  and getting raped by the CSA.

I'll take the beta option.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 05:16:55 AM »
I would never put either of my parents in a home.I was brought up to be that way and I bring my kids up the same way.Its how you raise your kids in the end and most people nowadays don't raise their kids.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 05:26:48 AM »
I would never put either of my parents in a home.I was brought up to be that way and I bring my kids up the same way.Its how you raise your kids in the end and most people nowadays don't raise their kids.

Hopefully your kids are fully grown by the time your parents are old and incapacitated or else you won't have the time to care for your parents.  It gets overwhelming very quickly.  Having a private nurse/caregiver come to their home a few times a week costs about $3000-5000 per month.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 05:34:03 AM »

Yep.  The "beta" option is much more inexpensive and stress free.

IMO, the beta guy is the guy walking around the mall, pushing a baby stroller while slinging a large diaper bag over his shoulder. 

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 05:35:34 AM »
The cost for my grandmother's retirment care center was near $90,000 per year. The only way to pay for this was selling her home and bleeding her accounts.
h

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 05:36:50 AM »

if you shop in aldi you have failed in life

maybe get a job where you can afford to buy decent shit
T

2scared2post

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 05:40:36 AM »
Hopefully your kids are fully grown by the time your parents are old and incapacitated or else you won't have the time to care for your parents.  It gets overwhelming very quickly.  Having a private nurse/caregiver come to their home a few times a week costs about $3000-5000 per month.

If you can't afford $3000- $5000 per month to help the people that raised you than they would most likely be too ashamed to even want your help.

Factory workers of peace.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:26 AM »
Asinine post reported...

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 05:48:17 AM »
I hear its pretty hedonistic in those old folks homes though.  :P
a

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 05:51:06 AM »
Spent all of my 20s as a glorified caregiver, til my dad died from alz. Complications.

Safe to say ill never have kids

Skeeter

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 06:09:32 AM »

same for humans

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 06:35:19 AM »
The majority of people who are having kids today will not have any inheritance for the kids to collect.  3 main reasons...

2. Dollar devaluation (i.e. inflation).  The dollars you earn/save now will not have the same purchasing power in the future.
3. The nursing home takes all the cash and liquefies your assets before the Medicare/Medicaid kicks in.

re: point #3.   This happens, but if you are able to plan and rid yourself of your assets for five years prior, you can avoid this, at least in my state.

But I do know people who are getting hammered on these costs because of it.
Y

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 06:48:01 AM »
How will you feel when they put you in a home, visit you twice a year, all while waiting for you to die so they can collect inheritance?Not being negative but this will be 95% of your futures if you become unable to look after yourself before death.Seeing it now all around me from kids who always said their parents would never go in a home, ill look after them, blah blah blah.When reality hits that they have to give up drinking with buddies, vacations etc it doesnt happen.

Kai and Jay  won't have that "problem " or anyone to put them in a home later in life  ...They won't have anything to look for on the weekends grandkids,dinners,  etc ...

Eventually They will be found dead in their homes/apartments days after their passing  surrounded by trophies, pictures on the walls of themselves oiled up in their glory days "  and the awful smell of dead unattended flesh  of their dead bodies ........

WoooSHHHHHHHHHH  S A D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 06:58:15 AM »

You took the words out of my mouth. I'll take care of my folks, build an in law suite or garage apartment if I have to. I couldn't imagine just rolling my parents away. I will say though, I'll have a nurse to help. I've got no desire to change my folks diapers.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 07:00:40 AM »

land, own land

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 07:34:45 AM »
You took the words out of my mouth. I'll take care of my folks, build an in law suite or garage apartment if I have to. I couldn't imagine just rolling my parents away. I will say though, I'll have a nurse to help. I've got no desire to change my folks diapers.

These are good intentions, but they can reach levels where 24 hour care is needed, and a good nursing home is better for all.
Y

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:43 AM »
i go with bigmc on this one.

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »
lol

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »

same for humans

It's even more beta behaviour if you stay involved and look after your kids.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 08:46:02 AM »
Not sure if OP is serious, but here is my serious answer:

you don't have children for yourself unless you're a complete fool, you have children because
- as an egoistic prick, you think you have some valuable knowledge/values/principles/beliefs you want to pass down to humanity and/or
- you want to give love to someone without even thinking about being paid back and/or
- you want to better understand yourself, as a human being, and to better understand your parents.

Your kids are not your property, neither are they an investment, nor are they here to take care of you. See it as some philosophical trip with its part of laughs and a ton of stress. Like any other philosophical trip of some sort.

wow I wrote some pretty dense shit right there, here some boobies: