Author Topic: question for guys with kids here  (Read 5460 times)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: question for guys with kids here
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »
My mom suffers from Alzheimer's. She has 24/7 care from three different aides. Lives in a pricey independent living condo. Fortunately my step father is good for something.
T

Hack Benchers

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2017, 12:59:37 PM »
Hopefully your kids are fully grown by the time your parents are old and incapacitated or else you won't have the time to care for your parents.  It gets overwhelming very quickly.  Having a private nurse/caregiver come to their home a few times a week costs about $3000-5000 per month.
You speak from experience bro? Serious question.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »
How will you feel when they put you in a home, visit you twice a year, all while waiting for you to die so they can collect inheritance?Not being negative but this will be 95% of your futures if you become unable to look after yourself before death.Seeing it now all around me from kids who always said their parents would never go in a home, ill look after them, blah blah blah.When reality hits that they have to give up drinking with buddies, vacations etc it doesnt happen.

my kids will look after you

Hack Benchers

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2017, 01:00:40 PM »
The cost for my grandmother's retirment care center was near $90,000 per year. The only way to pay for this was selling her home and bleeding her accounts.
Sort of the same here in The Netherlands. Disgusting!

Hack Benchers

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »
if you shop in aldi you have failed in life

maybe get a job where you can afford to buy decent shit
Bigmc, it depends...... Princess L has stated many times that Aldi is a high end luxery supermarket in the USA. Different market approach I quess. In Europe it is a bit crappy I agree.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »
Nothing wrong with Aldi in US.  Good quality, great prices.
Ha! You see bigmc? ;D

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »
Without a doubt, you echo the feelings of many living in the U.S. -Not so much in the rest of the world when taking care of one's parents is expected and provided.

You say you love your dad, which is good. If you knew that he was living in a situation where he was suffering abuse or one that was making daily life for him unbearable, would you still believe caring for him a waste of your time?

BTW, someone who is alive is still living their life, no matter how deplorable it becomes.

If you are living in poverty and cant afford a care giver and your dad is also poor ( not sure why you both would be such losers ) but in a case like that I would take care of him but I can afford a care giver so I would let them do their job while I live my life and I would visit from time to time.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2017, 01:20:45 PM »
If you are living in poverty and cant afford a care giver and your dad is also poor ( not sure why you both would be such losers ) but in a case like that I would take care of him but I can afford a care giver so I would let them do their job while I live my life and I would visit from time to time.
Loled hard for some reason!   :D :D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2017, 02:08:24 PM »
Not sure if OP is serious, but here is my serious answer:

you don't have children for yourself unless you're a complete fool, you have children because
- as an egoistic prick, you think you have some valuable knowledge/values/principles/beliefs you want to pass down to humanity and/or
- you want to give love to someone without even thinking about being paid back and/or
- you want to better understand yourself, as a human being, and to better understand your parents.

Your kids are not your property, neither are they an investment, nor are they here to take care of you. See it as some philosophical trip with its part of laughs and a ton of stress. Like any other philosophical trip of some sort.

wow I wrote some pretty dense shit right there, here some boobies:

Your parents must be complete fools for having such a dumb-ass...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2017, 08:38:40 PM »
Not sure if OP is serious, but here is my serious answer:

you don't have children for yourself unless you're a complete fool, you have children because
- as an egoistic prick, you think you have some valuable knowledge/values/principles/beliefs you want to pass down to humanity and/or
- you want to give love to someone without even thinking about being paid back and/or
- you want to better understand yourself, as a human being, and to better understand your parents.

Your kids are not your property, neither are they an investment, nor are they here to take care of you. See it as some philosophical trip with its part of laughs and a ton of stress. Like any other philosophical trip of some sort.

wow I wrote some pretty dense shit right there, here some boobies:

Good post except it is contradictory. Two of your examples are positive, one is not. Can you explain why this is?

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2017, 11:01:39 PM »
They're all positive  ???

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2017, 11:09:53 PM »
It's even more beta behaviour if you stay involved and look after your kids.

my daddy got my mama pregnant with me and then bolted never to be seen again

mom told me that he then married some rich jewess would paid for his Ph.D. studies then he divorced her once he finished and he got cash from her for the divorce settlement

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2017, 07:48:11 AM »
Aldi is full of dirty poors who block up both sides of the road waiting for a parking space, just so they can get some cheap own brand monster munch and sun dried tomatoes.

Vermin.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2017, 08:06:13 AM »
Like your mom, my wife was very independent. After a very long illness, she died at home surrounded by her loving family.

I know that was tough, but you did get to spend most of your formative years together ,building a "life".

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2017, 08:07:39 AM »
That is how a good child would do it.

Thanks.

She saw me into this world and gave me an incredible childhood.
Seeing that she spent her last days in peace and comfort was the least I could do.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2017, 03:57:18 PM »
land, own land

Nope, ANY asset (including any/all real estate) with a paper trail MUST be liquidated and given to the nursing home before any government program kicks in.  Any asset liquidated the prior 5 years can be clawed back by the nursing home.  It's a racket... get it?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »
You speak from experience bro? Serious question.

Yes, I've already seen all of this stuff happen.  My great aunt is 100 and my grandmother is 97.  They are both in the same nursing home.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2017, 04:08:15 PM »
your genetics live on in your children

childless people have failed to pass on their dna

its the ultimate in beta behaviour

in the wild only the weak and retarded dont get to mate

same for humans

that would mean the crackheads with 10+ kids to multiple women are the most alpha

E
E

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2017, 04:25:35 PM »
I would not do this I love my dad but he already lived his life and I am not going to waste my life being a caregiver to him I need to live my life, that is what nurses are for.

Insurance on the US makes that difficult.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 05:37:45 PM »
Thanks.

She saw me into this world and gave me an incredible childhood.
Seeing that she spent her last days in peace and comfort was the least I could do.

good stuff

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2017, 05:57:25 PM »
How will you feel when they put you in a home, visit you twice a year, all while waiting for you to die so they can collect inheritance?Not being negative but this will be 95% of your futures if you become unable to look after yourself before death.Seeing it now all around me from kids who always said their parents would never go in a home, ill look after them, blah blah blah.When reality hits that they have to give up drinking with buddies, vacations etc it doesnt happen.

My dad is an alpha male with a nice pension, he doesn't even need my help.

I'm also an alpha male that can and will take care of them.

Sorry to hear you're surrounded by losers.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »
Implying I'll live to see 60, gonna juice and lift till my heart explodes in the squat rack

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
Implying I'll live to see 60, gonna juice and lift till my heart explodes in the squat rack

I'm knocking on 60's door and had my butt explode a few times while squatting.
After that, I couldn't get a spot, but fuk it, I'm hardcore.