Author Topic: 2017 MLB HOF  (Read 25233 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
2017 MLB HOF
« on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:10 AM »
Nice to see Pudge get in - total lock - but, I lost a bet with the ladyfriend on Raines. I thought he was light. Wore my 'spos cap and Raines jersey yesterday in penance. Got a lot of points and nods. Bagwell was ok. Solid hitter.

/i did like there was one write-in vote for pete rose. can we just get that done, already. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: 2017 MLB HOF
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:07:38 AM »
Agree on Rose.

As for Pudge, I feel he should have followed Bonds / Clemens, but hope they get in next year.

Now that Selig is in, no matter what the method, it makes no sense to try to subjectively pick and choose which PED users get in.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:49:07 AM »
Agree on Rose.

As for Pudge, I feel he should have followed Bonds / Clemens, but hope they get in next year.

Now that Selig is in, no matter what the method, it makes no sense to try to subjectively pick and choose which PED users get in.
Big clap. No kidding, eh? Like a Pope who wants to be beatified while running a brothel.

FanBoi

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
No Rose
No Roiders (can't say I'm surprised the get support here)

I'm ok with Baggs, but don't think Raines makes the cut.  Pudge is a lock, jury is out on his PED use.

Vladimir Guerrero totally belongs, as does Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 04:30:40 PM »
Stats suggest that Raines probably was the 2nd best leadoff hitter of all time. (Was always in Rickey's shadow.) "Rock" should've been a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame without having to wait 10 years.