Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board
2017 Royal Rumble: ORTON WINS THE RUMBLE; CENA = 16X World Champion.
(1/6) > >>
MCWAY:
Well, The Styles vs. Cena World title match just started.

I'm hoping that, if Goldberg does win the Rumble, they take him off Raw and move him to Smackdown. If Cena also beat Styles for the title, that would be THE matchup I'd want to see.

If the Streak were still alive, I'd be pining for a Goldberg-Taker matchup. But, so much for that.

Who do you think wins the Rumble.

I'd say Goldberg.....or as my upset pick (if he's cleared to compete), Finn Balor.
MCWAY:
Well, half the equation is complete. Cena has the WWE World title again.

Now, let's see who wins the Rumble. I'm thinking either someone from Smackdown gets it. Or, if it goes as I think it will, Goldberg will win it and jump ship from Raw to Smackdown.

However, Cena has to defend the title at Elimination Chamber. That might be a setup for a 'Mania swerve.
MCWAY:
I certainly didn't see this coming. Originally, I thought Cena and Goldberg might dance. But, once again, they let Goldberg punk Lesnar....one spear and up and over the top went the Beast.

Then Goldberg speared the Undertaker....Taker sits up and chucks Goldberg out. Next, out of the blue, Reigns is number 30 and he tosses Taker after Taker threw him out but didn't get Reigns to hit the floor.

Reigns ultimately got RKO'ed, attempting a spear; out he goes; and, Orton wins the Rumble.
Grape Ape:
Thought Owens / Regins was good with a crazy table spot.  Looked painful.

Styles / Cena was awesome with a great finish.

Reigns being #30 was stupid.  I know we suspend disbelief, but if you get hit with brass knuckles and get the living shit kicked out of you, you shouldn't return, let alone eliminate the top guys.
MCWAY:

--- Quote from: Grape Ape on January 30, 2017, 02:26:48 PM ---Thought Owens / Regins was good with a crazy table spot.  Looked painful.

Styles / Cena was awesome with a great finish.

Reigns being #30 was stupid.  I know we suspend disbelief, but if you get hit with brass knuckles and get the living shit kicked out of you, you shouldn't return, let alone eliminate the top guys.

--- End quote ---

I have a feeling Reigns replaced somebody else, originally scheduled to be in the Rumble. They let Cesaro and Sheamus enter the Rumble after losing the tag titles. Actually, I don't see why they let Cesaro and Sheamus beat New Day for the titles, if they were just placeholders for Gallows and Anderson.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version