Author Topic: Sorry #NeverTrumpers But You Don’t Get To Dismount Your High Horse Today  (Read 458 times)

James

Sorry #NeverTrumpers, but you don”t get to dismount your high horse and celebrate the nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch today. This is NOT your victory, this is ours!

There is a gobsmacking level of pontificating self-righteousness visible from the collective proletariat within your crony-conservative movement who made the decision to formulate their political argument from a position of opposition.

Save up your fiscal hypocrisy, you’ll need it. Because in less than two months our victorious bastard will deliver a budget that cuts a trillion “per year” out of the federal coffers…. and there is no doubt the beneficiary of your prior applause will be counting on your fiscally conservative sensibilities to protest for more spending on his behalf.

Oh, and keep your newest VAT tax construct. We’ll bring the sledgehammer, save your gilded and monogrammed tweezers for a swamp audience stupid enough to believe it – Thank you.

Oh, and don’t go getting all pearl-clutchy. This isn’t anger directed toward you, this is far, far worse. This is a very targeted and deliberate Cold Anger surrounding you and the swamp creatures of your affiliation. This sensibility never forgets.

You had a choice. You chose a direction, you lost; and you damn near lost the entire friggin’ country. Just because the team you ridiculed and attacked has overcome all opposition and gained victory, that doesn’t mean you get to backtrack now and expect the bruised and bloodied recipients to forget those who launched the stones and arrows.

Save your wine-spritzers and crust-less triangle sandwiches. We didn’t have well financed high-horses, we launched boots, well-worn boots, scratched, clawed and advanced despite your hoighty-toighty principles, intransigence and unwillingness to cuss or get your hands dirty.

Good grief, your insufferable sensibilities were frightened of frog memes, FROG MEMES!

It was our deplorable and calloused hands that volunteered, opened our piggy banks, and held firm to support each other and our vulgarian candidate against all opposition. You were part of that opposition.

While we were getting bloodied in Chicago, Virginia and California your ilk were worried about our tone and political sensibilities. But worse than that, much much worse than that, you #NeverTrumpers broke the cardinal rule of grassroots camaraderie, you aided the other side.

While our candidate was wearing a friggin’ bullet-proof-vest to deliver Justice Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, you took every opportunity to broadcast your litmus-test purist antagonism in every outlet you could muster.

Your arrogant self-righteous efforts not only didn’t help, but they actually opposed our common sense objective. You were as much a benefit to Hillary Clinton and Mitch McConnell as Media Matters and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, perhaps even more. Lest you need a reminder:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/02/01/sorry-nevertrumpers-but-you-dont-get-to-dismount-your-high-horse-today/#more-128005

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Sorry #NeverTrumpers But You Don’t Get To Dismount Your High Horse Today
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »
I was a Never Trump voter.  I don't agree with this commentary.  People like me had legitimate reasons to be very concerned about Trump.  I'm not a member of the Republican Party, but I'm not apologizing for my opposition to Trump, and I don't think anyone else needs to either.   

That said, I do agree he is doing a good job so far.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Sorry #NeverTrumpers But You Don’t Get To Dismount Your High Horse Today
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »
a