Author Topic: We just got a bunch of great news about the US economy  (Read 2860 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: We just got a bunch of great news about the US economy
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 09:35:31 PM »
This being said you think the real UE rate under Obama's last month was infact still around 4.6% instead of 9.5-10%.

As I explained, but you are not smart enough to realize there is no real or not real unemployment rate.

There is only THE unemployment rate.

It is exactly as it is stated. Because math.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »
As I explained, but you are not smart enough to realize there is no real or not real unemployment rate.

There is only THE unemployment rate.

It is exactly as it is stated. Because math.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying. I guess the economists along with other economic reports that disagree with your facts are wrong as well. How stupid of me. So again, you REALLY think that it was at or around 4.6%?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. I guess the economists along with other economic reports that disagree with your facts are wrong as well. How stupid of me. So again, you REALLY think that it was at or around 4.6%?

The economic reports you post are not the unemployment rate.

The unemployment rate IS that number and if you continue to say otherwise, it's definitely stupid of you.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »
The economic reports you post are not the unemployment rate.

The unemployment rate IS that number and if you continue to say otherwise, it's definitely stupid of you.

Got it

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 11:16:30 PM »

The way it's calculated is the same today under Trump as it was under Obama and Bush and Clinton and the other Bush and Reagan and Carter and Ford and Nixon and Johnson and Kennedy and Eisenhower and Truman.

Now. If someone wishes to change the way it's calculated and annotate such and thereby change the formula, then the number may be different.

However, the formula is the current and same formula.

This has nothing to do with Obama. This has to do with math.

HEAD IN SAND - SOOOOOOOO ONCE AGAIN:

"The seasonally-adjusted SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994."

http://www.shadowstats.com/article/c810x.pdf

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 12:39:32 AM »

HEAD IN SAND - SOOOOOOOO ONCE AGAIN:

"The seasonally-adjusted SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994."

http://www.shadowstats.com/article/c810x.pdf

Sure. Because that guy is the guy we should all believe. Not I don't know. The people who actually make the statistic. I gotcha.

The reality is that the rate that the government always uses is the U-3 rate and is the rate that has been in use for DECADES.

Your guy is just straight up lying to say otherwise.

So no. My head isn't in the sand. I understand and get the difference, but it doesn't change the fact that the rate is the rate AND whether you like to believe it or not, is the same way it has always been calculated.

Sorry dude.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »
There's nothing to argue.

The unemployment rate is a formula. Period.

I get maybe math isn't your strong suit, but this formula is finite in regards to how they derive the solution.

It hasn't changed in almost 70 years. It is what it is.

Now as far as anyone arguing about the stock market or other economic indexes, that's fine. The UE rate is what it is and the reason why it's not worth arguing is because it's FINITE.

It's just math.

Math if factual. Your opinion of the math is not. That's the difference.

Like it or not, but UE doesn't magically become valid because a new guy is President.

you've said everything in your post that I've been saying for the past 7 years.....good job but they won't listen....