Author Topic: The Wall  (Read 1639 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
The Wall
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:51 AM »
Memos released Tuesday by the Department of Homeland Security implement executive orders signed by President Donald Trump, one of which calls for the immediate construction of a wall along the Mexican border.

The two memos, which were signed Monday, are related to Trump’s two orders on internal immigration procedures and border security. The memo on internal enforcement specifically states that the one active executive amnesty program implemented under President Obama, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), is not affected by President Trump’s executive order.

On the campaign trail President Trump pledged to get rid of President Obama’s amnesty for illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children, however, he has yet to fulfill this goal. “DACA is a very, very difficult subject for me,” the president said during a press conference last week. He added, “It’s one of the most difficult subjects I have because you have these incredible kids.”

https://www.scribd.com/document/339924316/Enforcement-of-the-Immigration-Laws-to-Serve-the-National-Interest#from_embed
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: The Wall
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »
I just saw the list of Trump's new immigration criteria for Homeland security and was impressed.
I think those actions will be a much greater help in dealing with the illegal immigration issue .
In my opinion, the 21 billion for a physical wall is not effective, compared to these new criteria.

The wall will be an extra deterrent coupled with the enforcement of employment laws/etc.

The work to cross will no longer be worth it.

Would much rather 21 billion going towards a wall than towards war, entitlement programs, and wasted government overhead.

Example: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/pentagon-buries-evidence-of-125-billion-in-bureaucratic-waste/2016/12/05/e0668c76-9af6-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html?utm_term=.e1634f0186bf
a

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »
The wall will be an extra deterrent coupled with the enforcement of employment laws/etc.

The work to cross will no longer be worth it.

Would much rather 21 billion going towards a wall than towards war, entitlement programs, and wasted government overhead.

Example: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/pentagon-buries-evidence-of-125-billion-in-bureaucratic-waste/2016/12/05/e0668c76-9af6-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html?utm_term=.e1634f0186bf

I thought the Washington post was fake news though?

I would honestly love to stop this government waste. I don't think the Wall will stop it though. I truly don't think it will have much affect on illegal immigrants other than the ones from Mexico.

The ones from the rest of the world will keep on coming in.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »

I would honestly love to stop this government waste. I don't think the Wall will stop it though. I truly don't think it will have much affect on illegal immigrants other than the ones from Mexico.

And they won't find stable jobs.
a

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:26:39 AM »
And they won't find stable jobs.

They don't find stable jobs now. They end up working at bars and restaurants as dish washers or some hole in the wall for cash only.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »
Trump hiring 10,000 ICE officers in 'big immigration launch'
DHS chief plans to fast-track deportations, calls border wall 'necessary'

http://archive.is/hcR3c#selection-853.0-857.73

(FOX NEWS) The White House is planning a “big immigration launch” Tuesday morning that will focus on the implementation of the recent Department of Homeland Security proposal that called for the hiring of thousands of officers and fast-tracking deportations, a senior administration official said.
The DHS plan was signed Friday by the agency’s new secretary, John Kelly. If approved by President Trump, it would give federal authorities more power to aggressively detain and deport illegal immigrants inside the country and along U.S. borders.
Kelly called for 10,000 additional ICE officers and agents and 5,000 new hires at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency.
a

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »

Not if our laws that concern such things are enforced. A wall + heavy enforcement of the interior (including VISA overstays) would, as previously mentioned, make the trip not worth effort and then also make those already here illegally pack up and ship out.

Start real consequences for businesses that hire illegals and you'll see a river of illegals hitting the bricks and going out.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
They don't find stable jobs now. They end up working at bars and restaurants as dish washers or some hole in the wall for cash only.

Then it won't be hard to crack down on these individuals. We know where they will be.
a

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
Then it won't be hard to crack down on these individuals. We know where they will be.

Very true. Most will not be Hispanic looking though so the ICE team may have some issues when they see them.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 07:03:55 AM »
DHS to post bidding process for the wall this upcoming week!

Bidding ends March 24 and contracts will be awarded by April.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/02/24/dhs-now-taking-bids-build-border-wall

Prototype Wall Designs will be revealed on March 6th
a

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 06:33:34 PM »
I sometimes catch myself chanting "BUILD THE WALL" in my head.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
The main problem is, the GOP led congress doesn't want to fund it.
I agree and think the new HLS backed border security measures are a better way to go.

Would be very unwise for any congressman to go against funding the wall.
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
The much bigger issue on most people's minds is health Ins costs.
The GOP head of appropriations committee (R) NJ , name (sp?) recently said he was against
funding a wall at this time.

As Sen Cotton (R) Ark, recently said on MTP:
 we need to focus on producing a health care bill that will meet peoples needs and save them $$.

Opinions vary, but funding the wall to the tune of 20 billion won't pass congress.

FYI, "Area 51" may not house aliens BUT it is one of most secret, covert bases for testing/research.
It doesn't have a physical barrier or wall around it.
But, cross over the land border or enter the restricted air space and all hell breaks loose.

I'm no insider on national security or immigration ...doah LOL
BUT, I worked as an ASP guard for a few months in the USMC. ( Guarded the ammo supply/strorage)
This was back in the early 80's and the electronic surveillance was VERY effective back then.

The physical wall is just a PR tool, that won't help/hurt illegal immigrants, trust me.
The majority just come in and simply over stay their visa.
The avg "wall advocate" seems oblivious and clueless on how an area is actually "secured".
I see is as a little more then a symbol that Trump and his supporters can brag about.
FYI, I'm 100% for totally secure borders and don't want to waste time , energy and $$ on a near useless wall.
I think our new homeland security mandates will do the job.

Remember when I posted that article of how over 120 Billion dollars from the Pentagon was unaccounted for? Don't let these career politicians tell you money is the issue.

Yes, healthcare is a huge issue, but right now there isn't an ideal replacement for Obamacare. Is that Trump's fault??? Who has been sitting in DC for the past fucking 8 years? Not Trump. He's supposed to pull a healthcare bill out of his ass after one month in office??? He can barely get his cabinet appointees through the Senate.
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:10:11 PM »
Look bro, if they build a wall I sure as hell won't cry and protest in a pink pussy hat LOL.

In my judgement , the new Homeland security immigration rules will do the job well.

It's not just $$, it's the focus of congress and the public I'm concerned with.
I don't think we can make health Ins that much cheaper.
BUT, we damn well should support making it the best deal possible for every working citizen.
Unless you're a cripple, retard or really old, you need to work to pay the bills.

Like my dear old dad once said ; " If you don't work, you don't eat."

The wall will further insure that there are jobs available for individuals to "eat"

Why risk the trip, avoid the wall/ICE, for very little reward?
a

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »
Trump hiring 10,000 ICE officers in 'big immigration launch'
DHS chief plans to fast-track deportations, calls border wall 'necessary'

http://archive.is/hcR3c#selection-853.0-857.73

(FOX NEWS) The White House is planning a “big immigration launch” Tuesday morning that will focus on the implementation of the recent Department of Homeland Security proposal that called for the hiring of thousands of officers and fast-tracking deportations, a senior administration official said.
The DHS plan was signed Friday by the agency’s new secretary, John Kelly. If approved by President Trump, it would give federal authorities more power to aggressively detain and deport illegal immigrants inside the country and along U.S. borders.
Kelly called for 10,000 additional ICE officers and agents and 5,000 new hires at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency.

Wonder how many getbiggers will apply? Would be great to see Goodrum put his law enforcement hat back on.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »
What if the wall is not to keep them out, but to keep us in?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 07:35:31 PM »
What if the wall is not to keep them out, but to keep us in?

Oh, Trump's building a wall along the Canada border too?   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 06:18:34 AM »
Oh, Trump's building a wall along the Canada border too?   

Hush.   There is no room for logic and common sense in the middle of a CT.