Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting is THE SHIT!  (Read 11058 times)

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Re: Intermittent Fasting is THE SHIT!
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2017, 11:16:18 AM »
I am the standard 6 meals a day guy so this is all new shit for me

pretty much one big ass meal from 6pm to 10pm....

1. how many cals are you eating in that time frame?
2, moderate protein, moderate carb? fats?
3. any epic shits or cramps or weird body issues? post work out struggle?
1. Between 2000 and 2500. I have a big appetite...
2. I did keto last time I did this, so high fat, moderate protein. Time before I ate whatever I wanted and didn't count. Results were similar in both instances.
3. Yes, the shits were horrible. My stomach hated me those 2 months. That's a big down side of IF, if your gut can't handle it, you will spend a lot of your night on the toilet. No postworkout issues tho, was just hungry to eat.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
2. I did keto last time I did this, so high fat, moderate protein. Time before I ate whatever I wanted and didn't count. Results were similar in both instances.
3. Yes, the shits were horrible. My stomach hated me those 2 months. That's a big down side of IF, if your gut can't handle it, you will spend a lot of your night on the toilet. No postworkout issues tho, was just hungry to eat.

thanks for the response
id be so dizzy midday with the lack of food - to each his own

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM »
intermittent fasting is just a fad and dumb people always follow the latest fad, a person who eats healthy and detox their body once or twice a year will be in extremely good health, no need for this ridiculous idea that I can only eat between certain hours, such bullshit.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »
IF is easy as fuck and old as time

nobody needs a breakfast and nobody needs a lunch

but also, people have to find what works for them and futhermore there is just as much evidence showing that you can get/stay in great shape doing that boring 6 meals a day thing or doing IF/Warrior diet/One meal a day

personally, I prefer eating only a dinner....it also helps that I love black coffee and just drink that all day long

I'm already calling the quote/edits to read "black cock" btw

also, with IF i eat literally whatever I want at night....again, that works for me and furthermore I'm not as ab obsessed as I used to be

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2017, 02:51:08 PM »
IF is easy as fuck and old as time

nobody needs a breakfast and nobody needs a lunch

but also, people have to find what works for them and futhermore there is just as much evidence showing that you can get/stay in great shape doing that boring 6 meals a day thing or doing IF/Warrior diet/One meal a day

personally, I prefer eating only a dinner....it also helps that I love black coffee and just drink that all day long

I'm already calling the quote/edits to read "black cock" btw

also, with IF i eat literally whatever I want at night....again, that works for me and furthermore I'm not as ab obsessed as I used to be

So much goes into this stuff... Stimulant use for example.  Would be hard pressed to find one long term adherent who didn't use daily.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »
i admit to being a huge coffee guy but in my defense Im a wop who comes from a LONG line of people who drink a fuck load of coffee

also, every diet/lifestyle has a upside and downside that some researcher can find for there own confirmation basis

"carbs are bad for you"

"carbs are good for you"

"keto is the way to go"

"High fat, low carb is bad for you"

yadda yadda yadda

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2017, 02:59:49 PM »
I live on fucking coffee.

The best I`ve ever looked is 4 small meals with 2 shakes in water......always worked well for me/.

Moderate to high protein,carbs cycled,and low fats always.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2017, 03:11:01 PM »
I live on fucking coffee.

I've been on a Extra large (venti) in the AM then one in the PM for soooo long

some people can't handle it

I'm not afraid of offending them because tonight is the Oscars and most of those people are preoccupied with the red carpet

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2017, 03:11:44 PM »
....that and sucking cock

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2017, 03:12:52 PM »
I`m just a plain old Folgers man....got a cup right in front of me.

Have spit many a mouthful on my monitor back when this place was the shit!

"There goes my coffee" ! LOL  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »
....that and sucking cock
You fucking nut!  ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2017, 03:17:02 PM »

Have spit many a mouthful on my monitor back when this place was the shit!

"There goes my coffee" ! LOL  :D

i'm starting to get hooked on cold nitro brews now in between my AM and PM coffee's

honestly, i'd be better off actually doing cocaine,,,,,,,,,it's way cheaper

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »

Me too. I drink 8-12 cups per day. Black like my women.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2017, 03:33:49 PM »
Once you go black................... ........  :D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 12:20:18 AM »

how much do you weigh?

I'm planning a recomp now on 2500 cals and I got a feeling it wont be enough and I'll have to go up to 3 grand or more

I'm fat now, around 8-9% gotta get down to sub-7 😎

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »
how much do you weigh?

I'm planning a recomp now on 2500 cals and I got a feeling it wont be enough and I'll have to go up to 3 grand or more

I'm fat now, around 8-9% gotta get down to sub-7 😎

Surprise surprise, it's not so simple as 'eating more and moving less'.

Maybe you should stick with being 'fat'... Or you won't get any sympathy when crying about your 'narcissism' and relationship problems. 

Wake up and admit the connection.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »
another diet for people with no lives.

no family to enjoy breakfast with.

no business associates to have lunch with.

no people to have dinner with.

no alcohol, wine or any of the other finer things in life.

just a bunch of losers with nothing going on in their lives.

sad. just sad.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2017, 05:54:11 PM »
I remember about 30 plus years ago bodybuilder John Cardillo said in an interview that he fasted one day a week and it made him really lean.  He trained very similar to Dorian Yates. John started like Yates using high intensity for two work sets an exercise. Toward the end of his bodybuilding career he had it down to one work set per exercise just like Yates.  

If it gets you lean as he is in this pic, sounds like something worth trying.  Not sure i could fast 24 hours without being cranky as shit, though.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
If it gets you lean as he is in this pic, sounds like something worth trying.  Not sure i could fast 24 hours without being cranky as shit, though.
Don`t forget your Anavar and HaloTestin.
::)

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2017, 04:26:02 AM »
another diet for people with no lives.

no family to enjoy breakfast with.

no business associates to have lunch with.

no people to have dinner with.

no alcohol, wine or any of the other finer things in life.

just a bunch of losers with nothing going on in their lives.

sad. just sad.

Actually, I'd argue this is a better diet for people with families and who have social lives.
I'm out the door and off to work at 6:30am. My gf is still asleep at that time, and I don't eat that early. I don't do IF now, but when I did, I just wouldn't eat during work hours, work out, come home, and my gf and I would eat whatever we wanted (alcohol included, if it was a special occasion).
If I had plans to go out with my friends, same thing, we never went to dinner/drinks earlier than 5pm, so I'd fast until then, and then enjoy my night out. The only "problem" I'd see is if you have a big family and on weekends you guys do a huge breakfast. But in my case, every weekend my gf and I sleep in, then drive into the city, get some Starbucks, and enjoy walking around Downtown Toronto or we'd make a trip somewhere new. Now, these days I'd at least have a protein shake upon waking, but if I was fasting I really don't see a problem.

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »
I've been on a Extra large (venti) in the AM then one in the PM for soooo long

some people can't handle it

I'm not afraid of offending them because tonight is the Oscars and most of those people are preoccupied with the red carpet

But can you handle Trenta...

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2017, 03:17:28 PM »
Actually, I'd argue this is a better diet for people with families and who have social lives.
I'm out the door and off to work at 6:30am. My gf is still asleep at that time, and I don't eat that early. I don't do IF now, but when I did, I just wouldn't eat during work hours, work out, come home, and my gf and I would eat whatever we wanted (alcohol included, if it was a special occasion).
If I had plans to go out with my friends, same thing, we never went to dinner/drinks earlier than 5pm, so I'd fast until then, and then enjoy my night out. The only "problem" I'd see is if you have a big family and on weekends you guys do a huge breakfast. But in my case, every weekend my gf and I sleep in, then drive into the city, get some Starbucks, and enjoy walking around Downtown Toronto or we'd make a trip somewhere new. Now, these days I'd at least have a protein shake upon waking, but if I was fasting I really don't see a problem.

yeah, I find it more satisfying than the standard 5-6 meals per day (which I did for years.)
"Relaxed IF" enables me to have two big enjoyable meals with my wife each day (we don't have kids.)
We have a big meal around noon (which is post-workout on days that we train) ... a light snack a few hours later ... and then we "go to town" for our delicious dinner at 7:00-8:00 PMish.

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2017, 03:22:06 PM »
I have always lost fat more effectively with a high carb, medium protein and medium fat diet with plenty of cardio and relatively high calories. As soon as the carbs and calories go low I seem to shut down my metabolism and struggle to lose weight irrespective of the amount of cardio I do. As soon as you get used to daily cardio it isn't difficult to maintain because of the fact your eating and not suffering from the food side of the coin.

Check out Single Player Gaming:

Too much cortisol release due to your body potentially going into survival mode.