Author Topic: Pence used private email while Indiana governor  (Read 1360 times)

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
Pence used private email while Indiana governor
« on: March 02, 2017, 07:45:09 PM »
-Reuters

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, his office said in a statement on Thursday.

The private email account was first reported by the Indianapolis Star, which said Pence used it at times to discuss sensitive matters and homeland security issues. The account was hacked last summer, the newspaper added.

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Pence criticized Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was U.S. secretary of state, saying it endangered national security.

"Similar to previous governors, during his time as Governor of Indiana, Mike Pence maintained a state email account and a personal email account," Pence's office said in a statement.

Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, the Star said.

After Pence was hacked in June by a scammer who sent a plea for money to his email contacts, the governor set up a new AOL account, the Star reported.

Pence was chosen by then-Republican candidate Donald Trump as his running mate in July.

Indiana law requires all records dealing with state business to be retained and available for public information requests, the Star reported.

Pence's office said in the statement that he directed outside counsel to review all of his communications as Indiana governor to ensure that state-related emails were being transferred and properly archived by the state.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Pence used private email while Indiana governor
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:01:45 PM »

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 02:09:14 AM »

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 02:29:30 AM »

He is a republican so he gets a pass. elected.
a

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 03:14:41 AM »

Are you telling me the vice-president was elected for that position?

Shocking.

I thought sucking Trumps dick him the position.

What position in his cabinet did Trump give you?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 04:38:27 AM »

Are you telling me the vice-president was elected for that position?

Shocking.

I thought sucking Trumps dick him the position.

What position in his cabinet did Trump give you?

Just your average brownshirt.
a

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 04:43:50 AM »

He is a republican so he gets a pass.
No he gets a pass bc it wasn't prohibited

face it guys there was a lot of shady shit about clintons email. From the pay for play angle to the fact that she deleted more emails then she turned over. Then it comes out her campaign was getting info from the DNC to help her. All in all she is probably only a little more shady than the average politician but still it got brought to the light of day and the people rightfully blew her off.

Should had been Bernie and then you wouldn't be sitting her having to start 5 trump threads a day

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 05:19:13 AM »
Bingo!

Pence was a GOV and Hillary was sec of state.  BIG difference in classification level.

It was absolutely correct for the FBI to investigate her over the private server email issue.
Congress was right to have her testify UNDER OATH about what happened in Benghazi, Libya .
They grilled her for an entire work day on the issue and did their job.

Now after all that , we know she acted carelessly , but it didn't rise to the level of criminal activity.

To be fair, let's have a full investigation of this Trump/ Russia issue.
Then and only then, we can see where the evidence and facts lead us.

No argument here

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 05:50:16 AM »
Bingo!

Pence was a GOV and Hillary was sec of state.  BIG difference in classification level.

It was absolutely correct for the FBI to investigate her over the private server email issue.
Congress was right to have her testify UNDER OATH about what happened in Benghazi, Libya .
They grilled her for an entire work day on the issue and did their job.

Now after all that , we know she acted carelessly , but it didn't rise to the level of criminal activity.

To be fair, let's have a full investigation of this Trump/ Russia issue.
Then and only then, we can see where the evidence and facts lead us.
I'm fine with that, I don't think that anything of consequence will come out. There will of course be the sought after talking points but nothing that will cause any serious heartburn for the admin

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 08:04:28 AM »
I agree that it's unlikely to result in Trump being forced to resign.

BUT:

From as a purely political issue, it will reduce to stature and credibility of the Trump administration.
This will cause the pendulum to swing back and the dems SHOULD* get a big victory in 2018 mid terms.

* Of course, seeing new DNC chair/co-chair Perez and Ellison at a recent presser , didn't inspire me to vote for dems . ;D
So you're for it bc you think it will help your political views?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »

He is a republican so he gets a pass.

Did Pence have classified information on his personal e-mail accounts? Did he delete thousands of "personal" e-mails before sharing them with archivists?

This isn't remotely close to the same thing.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 08:14:14 AM »

Maybe so, but any other government official would have been fired for the this and lost their job.

So, given that, her next step should not have been to ascend to the Presidency.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 02:18:40 PM »
Did Pence have classified information on his personal e-mail accounts? Did he delete thousands of "personal" e-mails before sharing them with archivists?

This isn't remotely close to the same thing.

Correct.  I seriously doubt Pence was running classified intel off his personal computer.  Not even remotely similar to Hillary Clinton. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 02:37:46 PM »
I don't think Pence was sending access requests to U.S. nuclear weapons secrets over email...

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/837704382472933376
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 08:54:09 AM »
a