Author Topic: Wikileaks Vault 7 (3/7/17)  (Read 11984 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Wikileaks Vault 7 (3/7/17)
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 04:25:34 PM »
Lol; CIA claims to have the "dankest of trojans"

a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 05:28:22 PM »
Snowden:

"Still working through the publication, but what @Wikileaks has here is genuinely a big deal. Looks authentic."

"What makes this look real?
Program & office names, such as the JQJ (IOC) crypt series, are real. Only a cleared insider could know them."

"The CIA reports show the USG developing vulnerabilities in US products, then intentionally keeping the holes open. Reckless beyond words."

"If you're writing about the CIA/@Wikileaks story, here's the big deal: first public evidence USG (US Gov) secretly paying to keep US software unsafe."

"Evidence mounts showing CIA & FBI knew about catastrophic weaknesses in the most-used smartphones in America, but kept them open -- to spy."

"Why is this dangerous? Because until closed, any hacker can use the security hole the CIA left open to break into any iPhone in the world."

Christ...
a

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »
Screwing with the CIA...Assange is not long for this world.

Skeeter

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 06:01:36 AM »
 :o

WikiLeaks has released less than 1% of its #Vault7 series in its part one publication yesterday 'Year Zero'.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/839475557721116672

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 06:59:55 AM »
Germany's chief federal prosecutor has announced examination of U.S. hacking activities at the Frankfurt 'Consulate' and may prosecute.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/status/839486272523669504?p=v
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 08:33:21 AM »
Wikileaks' sources are anonymous though... nobody knows who gave Assange the DNC emails.

I am failing to follow your logic.

EDIT: also, the emails themselves (regardless of whoever the sources are) are legitimate. You won't find anyone arguing that they are false. I've posted that most of the DNC emails are DKIM certified. Look into that.

I trust the major media news sources, you don't.
You think Wiki-leaks and Briet-bart are credible sources and I don't.

Not much else to debate when you arrive at that point.

Skeeter

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 08:47:15 AM »
I trust the major media news sources, you don't.
You think Wiki-leaks and Briet-bart are credible sources and I don't.

Not much else to debate when you arrive at that point.

Wiki-Leaks and Brietbart aren't even on the same level.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 08:52:39 AM »

Nonsense. He'd be dead by now but he has a doozy of a deadman's switch in place.

He'll outlive Kamali.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »
Yamcha, I hadn't yet seen this thread when you posted that gif in the other.  You're right, it doesn't look good for America right now.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »

If he's not dodging death, though, then it must mean he's either working for them or otherwise serving their purpose.

The media placement for Wikileaks makes me a bit suspicious.  But it could all be as it seems, too, I'll admit.  Maybe Assange does manage to protect himself that well.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 09:12:47 AM »
If he's not dodging death, though, then it must mean he's either working for them or otherwise serving their purpose.

The media placement for Wikileaks makes me a bit suspicious.  But it could all be as it seems, too, I'll admit.  Maybe Assange does manage to protect himself that well.

Right?! These aren't little tidbits of info he's dropping...

which leads me to wander:

What information does Assange have to keep himself alive?
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »

I know, man.  This is one thing that you just KNOW there's so much more to it.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 09:29:32 AM »
Federal criminal probe being opened into WikiLeaks' publication of CIA documents

http://archive.is/G76dF#selection-191.0-191.80

(CNN) — A federal criminal investigation is being opened into WikiLeaks' publication of documents detailing alleged CIA hacking operations, several US officials told CNN Wednesday.

The officials said the FBI and CIA are coordinating reviews of the matter.

The investigation is looking into how the documents came into WikiLeaks' possession and whether they might have been leaked by an employee or contractor. The CIA is also trying to determine if there are other unpublished documents WikiLeaks may have.
The documents published so far are largely genuine, officials said, though they are not yet certain if all of them are and whether some of the documents may have been altered.

One of the biggest concerns for the federal government is if WikiLeaks publishes critical computer code on how operations are conducted, other hackers could take that code and cause havoc overseas.

The officials emphasized any intelligence collection using the types of operations described in the documents is legal intelligence collection against overseas targets. The officials also cautioned some of the material describes programs still under development by the intelligence community.
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
Federal criminal probe being opened into WikiLeaks' publication of CIA documents

http://archive.is/G76dF#selection-191.0-191.80

(CNN) — A federal criminal investigation is being opened into WikiLeaks' publication of documents detailing alleged CIA hacking operations, several US officials told CNN Wednesday.

The officials said the FBI and CIA are coordinating reviews of the matter.

The investigation is looking into how the documents came into WikiLeaks' possession and whether they might have been leaked by an employee or contractor. The CIA is also trying to determine if there are other unpublished documents WikiLeaks may have.
The documents published so far are largely genuine, officials said, though they are not yet certain if all of them are and whether some of the documents may have been altered.

One of the biggest concerns for the federal government is if WikiLeaks publishes critical computer code on how operations are conducted, other hackers could take that code and cause havoc overseas.

The officials emphasized any intelligence collection using the types of operations described in the documents is legal intelligence collection against overseas targets. The officials also cautioned some of the material describes programs still under development by the intelligence community.

Assuming all's as represented, for the moment at least, then I'd say there's very little chance anything is altered or fake in any way.  Because even a little bit of falseness would be enough to allow many to say "see it's ALL fake!!"

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 09:37:57 AM »

This is a good question.

It could just be that the embassy being his hold up is just well protected. That said, if he ended up dead of something that looked in the least bit "suspicious", it would be a global firestorm.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »
Pretty dumb of Howard (on another thread) to say he felt the email was fake.  Not sure he said exactly that, but it was similarly silly.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 09:40:42 AM »
This is a good question.

It could just be that the embassy being his hold up is just well protected. That said, if he ended up dead of something that looked in the least bit "suspicious", it would be a global firestorm.

Yes, and his death could see the release of a high card, too.  That might be what's happening.  Good point.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2017, 09:41:18 AM »
Assuming all's as represented, for the moment at least, then I'd say there's very little chance anything is altered or fake in any way.  Because even a little bit of falseness would be enough to allow many to say "see it's ALL fake!!"

Delicate situation really. No one can prove it's unaltered, but no one can prove it is not.

Basically, it's about what you choose to believe.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »
Delicate situation really. No one can prove it's unaltered, but no one can prove it is not.

Basically, it's about what you choose to believe.

True.  But if they're (wiki) doing what they claim to be doing and for the reasons claimed, then it would be monumentally stupid to allow anything false to be released.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2017, 09:48:13 AM »
True.  But if they're (wiki) doing what they claim to be doing and for the reasons claimed, then it would be monumentally stupid to allow anything false to be released.

No argument there... If by chance they were found to have lied about even the TINIEST thing, they would be done. No one would ever pay them any attention ever again.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 09:52:10 AM »
No argument there... If by chance they were found to have lied about even the TINIEST thing, they would be done. No one would ever pay them any attention ever again.

Exactly, man.  Exactly.  But of course it seems that would set them up to be purposely duped with false info, which causes me to wonder how THEY can possibly verify what they have.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »
Exactly, man.  Exactly.  But of course it seems that would set them up to be purposely duped with false info, which causes me to wonder how THEY can possibly verify what they have.

Also a good question. They really can't I guess.

They are given information, they post information. Whether or not they are given accurate information is impossible to determine. If they get some document, they surely can't go up to people and ask if it's real information.

I would say they just have to take it with faith. That's any spread of information really if you think about it.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »
Let's look back in history knowing know what Vault 7 exposed:

http://archive.is/if7FT

2014: Russian hackers use ‘zero-day’ to hack NATO, Ukraine in cyber-spy campaign

By Ellen Nakashima October 13, 2014

A Russian hacking group probably working for the government has been exploiting a previously unknown flaw in Microsoft’s Windows operating system to spy on NATO, the Ukrainian government, a U.S. university researcher and other national security targets, according to a new report.

The group has been active since at least 2009, according to research by iSight Partners, a cybersecurity firm. Its targets in the recent campaign also included a Polish energy firm, a Western European government agency and a French telecommunications firm.

“This is consistent with espionage activity,” said iSight Senior Director Stephen Ward. “All indicators from a targeting and lures perspective would indicate espionage with Russian national interests.”

There is no indication that the group was behind a recent spate of intrusions into U.S. banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Ward said.
Current and former U.S. intelligence officials say the capabilities of Russian hackers are on par with those of the United States and Israel.

“It’s possible they’ve become more active in response to the Ukrainian situation,” said a former intelligence official. “And when you become more active, you increase your likelihood of getting caught.”
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2017, 09:56:29 AM »

A good, short read of someone who submitted data to Wikileaks, and it was never published due to verification issues.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/01/wikileaks-keeps-100-accuracy-record/
a